Trump did better this time...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
We have a 'habit' in this country to vote in celebrities when they run. I think a large part of his win in office was due to that.

We also have a tendency to make celebrities out of politicians.

Both are flaws in our system, but a natural consequence of universal suffrage, of encouraging the uneducated, the inexperienced, the low IQ voter

Lon

We also have a tendency to make celebrities out of politicians.

Both are flaws in our system, but a natural consequence of universal suffrage, of encouraging the uneducated, the inexperienced, the low IQ voter

True. Princess Diana comes to mind readily.

There is maybe an economical solution. What could be done, on walkways or in parking lots, outside polling places, would be to mark the pavement with a straight line. Hand the voter a piece of gum and ask them to start chewing it. Then, ask them to walk the line. If they can't, they won't be allowed to vote.Of course, this would end the two-party system, be the demise of Democrats.

Hilltrot

Let's be clear: Donald Trump has brought lying to a new low. He is an awful, awful human being. And we all know it.

Former White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly has told friends that President Donald Trump "is the most flawed person" he's ever known.

That is his former chief of staff talking - a man who is more than familiar with the "end of the turd" that is Donald Trump.

That any person would support Trump for re-election testifies to profound intellectual or moral impairment. Period.

LOL

Well Biden is an awful, awful, awful, Awful, AWFUL, AAWWWFUUL excuse for a human being and everyone knows it.

And anyone who doesn't vote for Trump likes to murder and babies as a pastime.

PERIOD!

LOL

expos4ever

LOL

Well Biden is an awful, awful, awful, Awful, AWFUL, AAWWWFUUL excuse for a human being and everyone knows it.

And anyone who doesn't vote for Trump likes to murder and babies as a pastime.

PERIOD!

LOL
You know it's interesting - while you and I can say whatever we want about these two candidates, readers have no sense about the qualities of each of our respective faculties of judgement. And so, in the chaos of the internet, we get people who praise Trump and people who demonize him.

Here is where the rubber hits the road: persons of clearly established reputations of credibility and life accomplishment, and who actually know the President, are almost all of one voice: Mr. Trump is a dreadful person and wildly unqualified to be President. Just some examples:

Joe Biden is a good man; Donald Trump is not - General Michael Hayden (former CIA and NSA Director).

Donald Trump is the most flawed person I have ever known - former White House Chief of Staff and retired General John Kelly.

President Trump a “****ing moron - Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson

Furthermore, 81 Nobel laureates back Joe Biden.

Now then, what credible people can you put forward who endorse Donald Trump? I politely suggest that while there are a lot of people on both sides of this issue, there is a clear, and I mean really clear, difference in the quality of people in these two groups. On the one side, we have accomplished experts of various sorts. And on the other, we have Mountain-Dew-chugging, tinfoil-hat-wearing, furrener-hating, pork-rind-eating hillbillies.

Sorry to be so blunt, but, to quote Mr. Trump: It is what it is.

Hilltrot

persons of clearly established reputations of credibility and life accomplishment, and who actually know the President

General Michael Hayden (former CIA and NSA Director) “I kill people based on metadata.” in response to killing a 16-year-old-boy looking for his father. In charge of torture program under Bush. Lies to Congress about torture program. Lies to Congress about lying to Congress.

White House Chief of Staff and retired General John Kelly. Is he a filthy liar or a saint? The leftist media can't decide. Or maybe he's a disgruntled worker.

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson - After Trump drop-kicked him from the White-house peace has broken out in the Middle-East. Why was Rex Tillerson, the oil man, so upset about peace.

Furthermore, 81 Nobel laureates back Joe Biden. LOL. Boy you are ignorant. You do know that Nazis won Nobel prizes right. So you think Nazis are "persons of clearly established reputations of credibility and life accomplishment". Right, ok looney tunes.

Now then, what credible people can you put forward who endorse Donald Trump?

Trump is credible. He doesn't need celebrity endorsements.

He made Middle-East Peace happen when no-one else could.

He renegotiated NAFTA when no one else could.

He stopped the Soros refuge trains from central America.

He has appointed more conservative justices who who interpret law fairly than any other president in a less than 4-year period.

He has reformed the justice system and pardoned the unjustly convicted and has done so openly and not behind closed doors.

He has been more transparent than any other President in the modern times.

He has provided Ukraine with the tank-busters Biden refused to provide.

He has stopped Russia's expansion when Obama and Bush let it flourish.

He has made our southern border more secure.

and on

and on

and on.

You have to quote a bunch of morons yelling insults at Trump in order to support your argument for Biden - a man whose only accomplishment is getting rich selling the U.S. out to China and Russia.

Sorry to be so blunt, but, to quote Mr. Trump: It is what it is.

expos4ever

Trump is credible. He doesn't need celebrity endorsements.

He made Middle-East Peace happen when no-one else could.

He renegotiated NAFTA when no one else could.

He stopped the Soros refuge trains from central America.

He has appointed more conservative justices who who interpret law fairly than any other president in a less than 4-year period.

He has reformed the justice system and pardoned the unjustly convicted and has done so openly and not behind closed doors.

He has been more transparent than any other President in the modern times.

He has provided Ukraine with the tank-busters Biden refused to provide.

He has stopped Russia's expansion when Obama and Bush let it flourish.

He has made our southern border more secure.

and on

and on

and on.
Ummm, these are all assertions by you. In my post, I provided assertions of people who have public credibility. What are your particular qualifications?

Again, please name just one public, or otherwise accomplished figure whose credibility / reputation are high, and who support President Trump. This is the huge asymmetry here that is devastating to the Trump supporter - he or she has to know that when people whose credibility and judgment have otherwise been well-established, such people overwhelmingly disapprove of Donald Trump.

Hilltrot

Ummm, these are all assertions by you. In my post, I provided assertions of people who have public credibility. What are your particular qualifications?

Again, please name just one public, or otherwise accomplished figure whose credibility / reputation are high, and who support President Trump. This is the huge asymmetry here that is devastating to the Trump supporter - he or she has to know that when people whose credibility and judgment have otherwise been well-established, such people overwhelmingly disapprove of Donald Trump.

After you.

I already have.

Bob Carabbio

Let's be clear: Donald Trump has brought lying to a new low. He is an awful, awful human being. And we all know it.

Former White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen.John Kelly has told friends that President Donald Trump "is the most flawed person" he's ever known.

That is his former chief of staff talking - a man who is more than familiar with the "end of the turd" that is Donald Trump.

That any person would support Trump for re-election testifies to profound intellectual or moral impairment. Period.

But, Compared to the collection of Frightening FOOLS on the democratic side, Trump - with all his faults (real and imagined) shines like a Star.

COME ON!!!!! Biden and Harris are the "BEST" that the entire Democratic party could field??? I'm surprised they didn't trot Hillary out to be their flagship offering. She DID take the popular vote in '16 after all. Except for the Electoral College, she'd be running things now.

I'm a "Poltical Pessimist", but Biden/Harris??? Gimme a break.

Of course since I already voted (RED across the board - didn't even look at names), My job is done, and it's y'all's problem from here on out.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I think the majority of people who vote for Trump are probably good and decent people. Maybe 30 percent of them vote for Trump because they like his habitual lying, sexual perversions, numerous frauds, and uncontrolled anger and aggression. I'm thinking that the rest of them are people like Lon,many of whom deplore his flaws as a human being, but like his tax cuts and judicial appointments.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think the majority of people who vote for Trump are probably good and decent people. Maybe 30 percent of them vote for Trump because they like his habitual lying, sexual perversions, numerous frauds, and uncontrolled anger and aggression. I'm thinking that the rest of them are people like Lon,many of whom deplore his flaws as a human being, but like his tax cuts and judicial appointments.

I can’t agree with this. The decent ones are *possibly* 10 - 20 percent, and that is a generous estimation.

expos4ever

But, Compared to the collection of Frightening FOOLS on the democratic side, Trump - with all his faults (real and imagined) shines like a Star.

COME ON!!!!! Biden and Harris are the "BEST" that the entire Democratic party could field??? I'm surprised they didn't trot Hillary out to be their flagship offering. She DID take the popular vote in '16 after all. Except for the Electoral College, she'd be running things now.

I'm a "Poltical Pessimist", but Biden/Harris??? Gimme a break.

Of course since I already voted (RED across the board - didn't even look at names), My job is done, and it's y'all's problem from here on out.
Can you guys not cite at least person of well-established and strong reputation who supports Donald Trump. Let me make it easy. Over 80 Nobel laureates oppose Trump. Can you name one, just one, who supports him?

The politically incorrect truth is this: there is a profound asymmetry in the caliber of people who support the two candidates. Hurtful to the Trump supporters? Yes. True? Yes.

expos4ever

I can’t agree with this. The decent ones are *possibly* 10 - 20 percent, and that is a generous estimation.
I agree - Barbarian is letting his heart interfere with his head. Yes, it is hurtful to say that Trump supporters suffer from significant intellectual and / or moral defect. But it appears to be the most reasonable conclusion to draw. The sooner we, as a society recognize that this is the case, the sooner we can start the project of helping these people. The Trump-Biden divide is not one where equally reasonable people disagree on matters of policy. That may have seen so in the time of Reagan. But it is not true now: when you have a President who clearly appeals to racist sentiment, lies like a rug, tweets angrily like a 12-year old, and is directly responsible for killing people (I am talking about rallies where dumb people are crowding together without mask to pay homage to the orange tyrant), the time has come to face the uncomfortable truth: Trump supporters have serious problems of character and / judgment.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Can you guys not cite at least person of well-established and strong reputation who supports Donald Trump. Let me make it easy. Over 80 Nobel laureates oppose Trump. Can you name one, just one, who supports him?

The politically incorrect truth is this: there is a profound asymmetry in the caliber of people who support the two candidates. Hurtful to the Trump supporters? Yes. True? Yes.

:up:

expos4ever

Especially after four years. If they haven't figured it out by now, they don't want to figure it out.
Precisely. I have been careful to say that a vote for Trump in 2016 did not necessarily reflect poorly on that voter - they could believe that Trump would be a refreshing change from politics as usual That door is now closed - there is zero doubt, and I mean zero, that Mr. Trump is not only a bumbling fool, he is actively dangerous - his encouragement of large gatherings without masks is reckless in the extreme: I would go so far as saying he should be prosecuted and jailed for it (how is this not the same thing as drinking and driving - he is knowingly endangering people's lives?).

What was your 25th amendment for anyway? It supposedly allows for the removal of the President if he is "unable to discharge his duties". I wish it were only that bad - not only is Trump unable to do his duties, he is actively endangering the health of the citizen! How this is not grounds for removal is hard to understand.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Precisely. I have been careful to say that a vote for Trump in 2016 did not necessarily reflect poorly on that voter -

I have never given those voters the benefit of the doubt and agreed with HC’s description of “basket of Deplorables”. My instincts were correct. To cheer over the abuse of babies and children orphaned and locked into cages speaks volumes of their character...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Precisely. I have been careful to say that a vote for Trump in 2016 did not necessarily reflect poorly on that voter - they could believe that Trump would be a refreshing change from politics as usual That door is now closed - there is zero doubt, and I mean zero, that Mr. Trump is not only a bumbling fool, he is actively dangerous - his encouragement of large gatherings without masks is reckless in the extreme: I would go so far as saying he should be prosecuted and jailed for it (how is this not the same thing as drinking and driving - he is knowingly endangering people's lives?).

What was your 25th amendment for anyway? It supposedly allows for the removal of the President if he is "unable to discharge his duties". I wish it were only that bad - not only is Trump unable to do his duties, he is actively endangering the health of the citizen! How this is not grounds for removal is hard to understand.

I'm not sure (gonna go check) but I believe the VP and cabinet have to make that happen - so I don't know how it could be done, since they wouldn't want to stop Trump, they're been able to do too much to pack the courts, roll back civil rights and consolidate power while he was busy tweeting.

Edit: here it is:
Under this article, the vice president and cabinet officials would vote on the removal of the president. If the majority votes for removal, then a letter is sent to the president pro tempore of the Senate, now Sen. Hatch (R-Utah), and Speaker of the House, now Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), informing them of their vote.

The president could send a counter-letter saying he is capable of performing his duties, allowing the president to continue work as usual, unless the vice president and cabinet send another letter within four days restating their case. Under such circumstances, the vice president would become the acting president while Congress votes.

Both houses of Congress would have to vote within 21 days in this case, and a two-thirds vote from each chamber is required to remove the president from office and fully institute the vice president as the replacement. If the vote in either chamber was to fall short, the president would resume his duties.

So Pence and likely most of the cabinet wouldn't vote for removal and even if they did, we'd never see 2/3 of the Senate vote to remove.