Was God loving for stigmatizing people?

Was God loving for stigmatizing people?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

yeshuaslavejeff

No I don't think he was loving for stigmatizing people.

Especially with derogatory language.

It could of been written in a more loving way then using insults.

....umm, just like aei_u a_c _bc l_n _bc did, eh? ... sad but true...
who knows more? (
choices:
1) The One and Only Creator.
2) mankind.
3) hasatan.
4) tol members
5) democrats
6) republicans
7) faggost

the whole society is doomed. judgment is absolutely assured.
only
the
ones immersed in Yahshua survive.
just
the days of NOAH - ONLY the ones IN THE ARK did not drown.
the
others (faggost, politicians, priests, prostitutes, roman catholics)
all
had
an opportunity for 100 years to turn away from their sin,
but
they
didn't.
they chose to laugh at NOAH instead.
and
they all drowned.
next time
judgment
is
not
by drowning,
it's
far
far
far
far
far
far
far
far
(ad inf)
far worse. "UNLESS you repent, you will all likewise PERISH" cannot be changed.
so,
go ahead.
be nice to the doomed. don't let them know they are doomed.
you will be with them.
Only those who PLEASE G_D, those HE is HAPPY WITH, survive.
it
is
wrttn

Cracked

Was God loving when he stigmatized certain people?

For example, He called women who sold their bodies, harlots. Of course today it isn't nice or politically correct to label people as they once were. A child born out of wedlock was really looked down upon and called a very derogatory name. Today there is little shame that goes along with this and the mother is praised for being a "single mom".
When there is more shame that is brought upon a sinful situation, it speaks volumes for ones who are considering that same situation. When people take things like adultery, homosexuality, and children born without a father lightly and reduce the shame that God associates with it, there is a greater chance of it happening and therefore a greater chance of one harming themselves and others. God was not a big meanie when he stigmatized these people. He wanted great shock value to come along with their shameful acts to ensure that nobody would be tempted to fall into such vile acts so God was loving in doing this.

God is Father to the fatherless.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was God loving when he stigmatized certain people?

For example, He called women who sold their bodies, harlots. Of course today it isn't nice or politically correct to label people as they once were. A child born out of wedlock was really looked down upon and called a very derogatory name. Today there is little shame that goes along with this and the mother is praised for being a "single mom".
When there is more shame that is brought upon a sinful situation, it speaks volumes for ones who are considering that same situation. When people take things like adultery, homosexuality, and children born without a father lightly and reduce the shame that God associates with it, there is a greater chance of it happening and therefore a greater chance of one harming themselves and others. God was not a big meanie when he stigmatized these people. He wanted great shock value to come along with their shameful acts to ensure that nobody would be tempted to fall into such vile acts so God was loving in doing this.

There is nothing loving about stigmatizing a woman or teen who is in the midst of a unplanned and out of wedlock pregnancy.

You think it is loving to call a child a bastard?
You think it makes sense to complain of abortion, then condemn mother and child when it is born out of wedlock?

I know you didn't ask me, HOWEVER ... as someone who is an anti-abortion advocate, I feel it is counterproductive to refer to children born out of wedlock as bastards and stigmatize the woman who give birth to them.

The biggest goal for the anti-abortion side shouldn't be to play the morality police but rather to emotionally support women in crisis pregnancies by kindness and encouragement. There is absolutely nothing encouraging about people proclaiming to a pregnant teen/woman "What a stupid whore you are to have gotten pregnant with a bastard child. Now ... even though we think you and your child are scum of the earth, you STILL need to give birth!"

This question is clearly answered in my first post.

Where do you get that if one complains about abortion, they shouldn't also complain about a child being born out of wedlock? :confused:

What good can possibly come from emotionally harming a teen or woman during their pregnancy? Does stigmatizing them add to their stress level and make an already difficult situation harder?

While I will agree that teens should be taught it is best to wait to have children until adulthood when they are more financially secure and in a stable relationship, not all teens will heed such advice.

IMO, a teen/woman who is overloaded by hormones and scared is more likely to decide to abort IF she feels those closest to her will be angry and make her feel like dirt underneath their feet.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
There is nothing loving about stigmatizing a woman or teen who is in the midst of a unplanned and out of wedlock pregnancy.
Can you support that?

I know you didn't ask me, HOWEVER ... as someone who is an anti-abortion advocate, I feel it is counterproductive to refer to children born out of wedlock as bastards and stigmatize the woman who give birth to them.
It is certainly unprofitable to label the child based on something at which they are not at fault.

What good can possibly come from emotionally harming a teen or woman during their pregnancy? Does stigmatizing them add to their stress level and make an already difficult situation harder?

While I will agree that teens should be taught it is best to wait to have children until adulthood when they are more financially secure and in a stable relationship, not all teens will heed such advice.

IMO, a teen/woman who is overloaded by hormones and scared is more likely to decide to abort IF she feels those closest to her will be angry and make her feel like dirt underneath their feet.
Stigmatization is not about making someone feel like dirt. That should be intentionally avoided.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God calling the child a bastard is an insult to the parents for their immoral behavior of sexual relations while not married.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stigmatization is not about making someone feel like dirt. That should be intentionally avoided.

But it isn't avoided. And seriously, I see absolutely nothing productive of intentionally trying to make an expectant mother feel badly about herself and her unborn child.

All pregnancies, even those that are planned, are stressful. For a mother who is married and awaiting her newborn, we women worry about any and every little thing.

Now imagine how a pregnant woman who is dealing with other issues in her life as well as being physically vulnerable due to her pregnancy feels when others react in a nasty manner just because they are disapproving of some anonymous circumstance in the woman's life.

The ONLY reason anyone would ever stigmatize a pregnant woman and her unborn child is to let them know they are despised and hated. There is nothing pro-life about stigmatization.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
But it isn't avoided. And seriously, I see absolutely nothing productive of intentionally trying to make an expectant mother feel badly about herself and her unborn child.
She should be made to feel bad for being a slut. The pregnancy isn't what she did wrong here.

All pregnancies, even those that are planned, are stressful. For a mother who is married and awaiting her newborn, we women worry about any and every little thing.

Now imagine how a pregnant woman who is dealing with other issues in her life as well as being physically vulnerable due to her pregnancy feels when others react in a nasty manner just because they are disapproving of some anonymous circumstance in the woman's life.

The ONLY reason anyone would ever stigmatize a pregnant woman and her unborn child is to let them know they are despised and hated. There is nothing pro-life about stigmatization.
I'm not interested in stigmatizing a woman for getting pregnant. Nor would I hold her sin against the child, just as I would not hold it against a child if the biological father was a rapist. This is about her having sex out of wedlock. This is not about her getting pregnant.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
She should be made to feel bad for being a slut. The pregnancy isn't what she did wrong here.

I'm not interested in stigmatizing a woman for getting pregnant. Nor would I hold her sin against the child, just as I would not hold it against a child if the biological father was a rapist. This is about her having sex out of wedlock. This is not about her getting pregnant.
P.S.
Two wrongs do not make a right. Getting an abortion because you got pregnant [which is not the wrong] through sex outside the confines of marriage [which is the wrong] is just more wrong on top of the wrong of the sex.