We are not without hope!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
. . . Their focus is on sin and sins as if they weren't dealt with by God in our stead 2000 years ago. . . .
Probably just because they're reading Ephesians.

Ephesians 4:17-5:17 KJV said:
This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

But ye have not so learned Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; ) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

How are we Gentiles to understand Ephesians?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Probably just because they're reading Ephesians.
Their focus is on sin and sins being an unsettled issue (as they believe not that 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV took place) whereas Ephesians is written in light of the fact that it isn't (Ephesians 1:6 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Ephesians 2:13 KJV, on and on).
How are we Gentiles to understand Ephesians?

Ephesians 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Ephesians 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Ephesians 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Ephesians 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Ephesians 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Ephesians 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul's letter was addressed to the saints at Colosse.

Are you saying this is not for you?

"the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints." (Colossians 1:26)

Okay, but the mystery has been revealed to his saints.

God's Truth

They speak of our salvation as if it is based upon anything that we do or don't do.

Even having faith is something humans are supposed to do.

Their focus is on sin and sins as if they weren't dealt with by God in our stead 2000 years ago.

I focus on doing the good things that Jesus tells us...be humble, repent of sins, forgive others.

I didn't count but, I think that Paul probably gives more commands than anyone in the new testament.

They point you to the ministry of the Lord and the 12 in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Pentecost and Hebrews through Revelation as if the content found therein has anything at all to do with Gentiles like us who in time past were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: when it doesn't.

Paul says Jesus is Lord of all and that he doesn't play favorites.

His words are Spirit and life for all.

They can't tell you what the gospel of our salvation is, where to find it or even where a Gentile in the dispensation of the grace of God can expect to find God's purpose for us.

Paul says he taught that people should repent and have faith in Jesus.

Praise the LORD, He didn't leave us without hope (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Ephesians 2:13 KJV) and everything we need to throughly furnish us is all scripture in a King James Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV) including epistles written directly by our apostle to us, the church which is His Body, in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) that we study according to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

Paul says the power of the CROSS.

So where did the cross happen?

It happened in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

You can be saved, and come unto the knowledge of the truth. First, by trusting the Lord believing the gospel of YOUR salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), not according to your works (Titus 3:5 KJV), but by grace through the faith of Jesus Christ and His work in your place by the cross/ the blood of Christ/by the gospel (1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV) and then begin to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

Not according to works are all those purification works the Jews used to have to do.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Even having faith is something humans are supposed to do.
Faith is not something we "do". It's believing in something we have heard.
I focus on doing the good things that Jesus tells us...be humble, repent of sins, forgive others.
:chuckle: Matthew 23:1-3 KJV, Matthew 10:8-9 KJV, Matthew 19:17 KJV, Luke 18:22 KJV, I could go on and on.

I didn't count but, I think that Paul probably gives more commands than anyone in the new testament.
Colossians 2:13-23 KJV

Paul says Jesus is Lord of all and that he doesn't play favorites.

His words are Spirit and life for all.
The Lord in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV as a minister of the circumcisions (Romans 15:8 KJV), period.

Paul says he taught that people should repent and have faith in Jesus.
You can't tell me what the gospel of our salvation is, where to find it or even where a Gentile in the dispensation of the grace of God can expect to find God's purpose for us. Until then, you have nothing to say of any value.

Paul says the power of the CROSS.

So where did the cross happen?

It happened in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
Paul's gospel, the preaching fot eh cross according to the revelation of the mystery was just that: a mystery. It was kept secret since the world began, but was "but now" (then when Paul was writing) made manifest to and through the apostle Paul (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). It was not revealed by the Lord or the 12 in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). Paul told you why in 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV.

Not according to works are all those purification works the Jews used to have to do.
Not of ourselves equals ZERO! The work of our salvation was done 2000 years ago when Christ died for our sins, and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and you reject it/believe not that it was enough to save your never dying soul (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). How sad for you.

God's Truth

Faith is not something we "do". It's believing in something we have heard.
:chuckle: Matthew 23:1-3 KJV, Matthew 10:8-9 KJV, Matthew 19:17 KJV, Luke 18:22 KJV, I could go on and on.

Colossians 2:13-23 KJV

Faith. alone. is. dead.

Listen to Jesus.

Jesus didn't give two different gospels in opposition to each other.

The Lord in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV as a minister of the circumcisions (Romans 15:8 KJV), period.
There was another frontier to hit, and Paul took it to the Gentiles, the one and only gospel that saves.

You can't tell me what the gospel of our salvation is, where to find it or even where a Gentile in the dispensation of the grace of God can expect to find God's purpose for us. Until then, you have nothing to say of any value.

I have been saying it for over five years.

Believe and repent.

Paul's gospel, the preaching fot eh cross according to the revelation of the mystery was just that: a mystery. It was kept secret since the world began, but was "but now" (then when Paul was writing) made manifest to and through the apostle Paul (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). It was not revealed by the Lord or the 12 in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). Paul told you why in 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV.

Not of ourselves equals ZERO! The work of our salvation was done 2000 years ago when Christ died for our sins, and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and you reject it/believe not that it was enough to save your never dying soul (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). How sad for you.

We used to be separate from God and Jesus because we did not clean ourselves.

Now everyone is commanded to have Jesus clean you.

EVERYONE.

WatchmanOnTheWall

They speak of our salvation as if it is based upon anything that we do or don't do. Their focus is on sin and sins as if they weren't dealt with by God in our stead 2000 years ago. They point you to the ministry of the Lord and the 12 in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Pentecost and Hebrews through Revelation as if the content found therein has anything at all to do with Gentiles like us who in time past were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: when it doesn't. They can't tell you what the gospel of our salvation is, where to find it or even where a Gentile in the dispensation of the grace of God can expect to find God's purpose for us.

Praise the LORD, He didn't leave us without hope (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Ephesians 2:13 KJV) and everything we need to throughly furnish us is all scripture in a King James Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV) including epistles written directly by our apostle to us, the church which is His Body, in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) that we study according to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

You can be saved, and come unto the knowledge of the truth. First, by trusting the Lord believing the gospel of YOUR salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), not according to your works (Titus 3:5 KJV), but by grace through the faith of Jesus Christ and His work in your place by the cross/ the blood of Christ/by the gospel (1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV) and then begin to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

Amen, although it was 1988 years ago. ;)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Faith. alo
ne. is. dead.​
Salvation by grace through His faith is not dead!

Listen to Jesus.
I "Listen to Jesus"; that is, the risen, glorified Lord Jesus Christ that appeared to Paul. I study what is written directly to me in Romans through Philemon according to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.
Jesus didn't give two different gospels in opposition to each other.
Galatians 2:7 KJV

There was another frontier to hit, and Paul took it to the Gentiles, the one and only gospel that saves.
made up

I have been saying it for over five years.

Believe and repent.
That's not the gospel of your salvation (or mine).

We used to be separate from God and Jesus because we did not clean ourselves.

Now everyone is commanded to have Jesus clean you.

EVERYONE.
There's nothing you can do to save yourself and your rejection of the gospel as the all sufficient work of salvation in your place is all over TOL.​

God's Truth

Salvation by grace through His faith is not dead!

Jesus doesn't have to have faith in himself. We have to have faith in Jesus.
I "Listen to Jesus"; that is, the risen, glorified Lord Jesus Christ that appeared to Paul. I study what is written directly to me in Romans through Philemon according to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.
Galatians 2:7 KJV

made up

That's not the gospel of your salvation (or mine).

There's nothing you can do to save yourself and your rejection of the gospel as the all sufficient work of salvation in your place is all over TOL.

Jesus is the Way and he tells us what we have to do.