We are not without hope!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus doesn't have to have faith in himself. We have to have faith in Jesus.

The 'faith of Jesus Christ', which Paul refers to, was the Lord Jesus' trust/faith in His Father.

And by the way, you're not likely to see the phrase 'the faith of Jesus' in the translation that you are using but it is in the KJV and the Textus Receptus and the Syriac.

God's Truth

The 'faith of Jesus Christ', which Paul refers to, was the Lord Jesus' trust/faith in His Father.

And by the way, you're not likely to see the phrase 'the faith of Jesus' in the translation that you are using but it is in the KJV and the Textus Receptus and the Syriac.

The faith of Jesus means you have to have faith as Jesus did.

I use many translations including the KJV.

Nothing would get me to think we didn't have to have our own faith and obey.

Last edited:

God's Truth

I have nothing to admit or apologize for.

I wasn't talking about a PM between you and me.

I was saying that if you don't want anyone to observe your posts, you could send them to whoever you're arguing with by PM.

I didn't think you were talking about a pm with you and me.

I said like you would apologize, as in I know you won't you will just act worse.

God's Truth

John 6:28
Then they inquired, "What must we do to perform the works of God?"

John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

1 Thessalonians 1:3
and continually recalling before our God and Father your work of faith, your labor of love, and your enduring hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

James 2:22
You see that his faith was working with his actions, and his faith was perfected by what he did.

Revelation 2:26
And to the one who is victorious and continues in My work until the end, I will give authority over the nations.

2 Thessalonians 1:11
To this end, we always pray for you, that our God will count you worthy of His calling, and that He will powerfully fulfill your every good desire and work of faith,

1 Thessalonians 1:3
and continually recalling before our God and Father your work of faith, your labor of love, and your enduring hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

Do you think that if the Lord Jesus had no faith, that our faith would avail anything?

Did the Lord Jesus have faith?

Jesus SAYS to OBEY so that you can remain in his love.

Jesus obeyed and we have to obey.

John 15:19 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Amen!

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
Ditto on the AMEN!

It's the difference in being self-centered and Christ-centered.
The self-centered like to rely on what they have done and the Christ-centered rely on what He has done.

It's easy to spot the self-centered.
They always go on and on about relying on their own righteousness.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Ditto on the AMEN!

It's the difference in being self-centered and Christ-centered.
The self-centered like to rely on what they have done and the Christ-centered rely on what He has done.

It's easy to spot the self-centered.
They always go on and on about relying on their own righteousness.
Yep. The saved have trusted in His faith for salvation while the lost trust themselves to save themselves.

God's Truth

Yep. The saved have trusted in His faith for salvation while the lost trust themselves to save themselves.

You have to make it up and say it like that no matter how many times I explain it to you.

Jesus saves us all on his own.

He saves those who believe and obey.

Obeying him is Spirit and life.