We are not without hope!

heir

TOL Subscriber
We have to have faith and obey Jesus. Jesus obeyed and that is why we have someone to obey.
Trusting His faith is the obedience of faith. Get it through your thick skull. If salvation is by grace through faith, not of ourselves, the gift of God, not of works (AND IT IS!) then it cannot be by anything we have done, will do, don't do or continue to do. The only option apart from works is grace (Romans 11:6 KJV)! We are made partakers by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV). And it's all by God's grace (Romans 3:21-24 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV)!

God's Truth

Trusting His faith is the obedience of faith. Get it through your thick skull. If salvation is by grace through faith, not of ourselves, the gift of God, not of works (AND IT IS!) then it cannot be by anything we have done, will do, don't do or continue to do. The only option apart from works is grace (Romans 11:6 KJV)! We are made partakers by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV). And it's all by God's grace (Romans 3:21-24 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV)!

All that 'not of by works' is the purification works.

Just read what the scriptures say before and or after 'not of works'; not far from that is circumcision mentioned.

glorydaz

Excellent.....and still she rejects it. I'm not sure I've ever seen a conscience so seared. :nono:

God's Truth

All those 'not of works' scriptures are about not of the purification works where circumcision IS THE SIGN:

The scriptures in Romans:

Romans 2:25 Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised.

Romans 2:27 The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.

Romans 2:28 A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.

Romans 2:29 No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

Romans 3:1 [ God’s Faithfulness ] What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision?

Romans 4:11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them.

The works of circumcision is the 'not of by works' Paul was speaking about.

Nowhere anywhere do any scriptures say 'not of by repenting of sins'.

It is about about the purification works where circumcision is the sign.

God's Truth

Read all these scriptures from Paul, they are all about NOT OF BY CIRCUMCISION. Circumcision is the works that we do not have to do. Paul was not saying not of by obeying.

1 Corinthians 7:19Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Galatians 5:11 Brothers and sisters, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished.

Galatians 6:11 [ Not Circumcision but the New Creation ] See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

Galatians 6:15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation.

Ephesians 2:11 [ Jew and Gentile Reconciled Through Christ ] Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)—

Philippians 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh—

Colossians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ,

Titus 1:10 [ Rebuking Those Who Fail to Do Good ] For there are many rebellious people, full of meaningless talk and deception, especially those of the circumcision group.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Just read what the scriptures say before and or after 'not of works'; not far from that is circumcision mentioned.

Nope, it's talking about any personal meritorious deeds by which one might think they will be declared righteous by GOD.

Christ's Imputed righteous to me is my only claim by faith before GOD.

He alone deserves the glory.

I have nothing to boast about but Him.

God's Truth

Nope, it's talking about any personal meritorious deeds by which one might think they will be declared righteous by GOD.

Christ's Imputed righteous to me is my only claim by faith before GOD.

He alone deserves the glory.

I have nothing to boast about but Him.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart,you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

That is Paul speaking to saved believers concerning inheritance and rewards, not salvation by faith alone.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart,you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Paul uses Ro 1 and 2 to demonstrate that we are all guilty before GOD and without hope.
Then he uses Ro 3,4 and 5 to give us the remedy... faith in Christ's propitiation apart from personal works of righteousness for salvation.

glorydaz

All those 'not of works' scriptures are about not of the purification works where circumcision IS THE SIGN:

The works of circumcision is the 'not of by works' Paul was speaking about.

Nowhere anywhere do any scriptures say 'not of by repenting of sins'.

It is about about the purification works where circumcision is the sign.

Who is "repenting of sins"? You? Uh oh.

Not of yourselves... :chew:

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:​

Explain that one away, Ms. Scripture Twister.

God's Truth

Who is "repenting of sins"? You? Uh oh.

Not of yourselves... :chew:

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:​

Explain that one away, Ms. Scripture Twister.

Not of yourselves is not by purifying yourself:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

God's Truth

That is Paul speaking to saved believers concerning inheritance and rewards, not salvation by faith alone.

Nope. It says they will receive ETERNAL LIFE if they persist in doing good.

Romans 2:6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Paul uses Ro 1 and 2 to demonstrate that we are all guilty before GOD and without hope.
Then he uses Ro 3,4 and 5 to give us the remedy... faith in Christ's propitiation apart from personal works of righteousness for salvation.

Paul says work at it as working for the Lord and we will receive eternal life.

glorydaz

Not of yourselves is not by purifying yourself:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Not one of those things purifies.....and you will not find anything about purifying works in Eph. 2. The Gospel of Grace is beyond you. Proof you are not yet saved. You can't give up your foolish errors because you would look the fool. But, you look the fool for hanging onto your foolish errors. A catch 22 for you. :chuckle:

I'll wager you have never even read the chapter. You hunt for circumcision and think you've found gold. Such ignorance. Wilful ignorance at that. :nono:

God's Truth

Not one of those things purifies....

They were the purification works.

Not being circumcised made one unclean to be around such a person.
Adhering to the dietary law made one unclean if they did not.
Having bodily discharges made one unclean.
And other things.
and you will not find anything about purifying works in Eph. 2.
I gave you scripture about circumcision.
Circumcision is the sign of the purification works.

The Gospel of Grace is beyond you.
I know what you think it means.

Proof you are not yet saved.
I couldn't care any less what you think of me.
I speak about the scriptures and do not want to speak of anyone personally.

You can't give up your foolish errors because you would look the fool. But, you look the fool for hanging onto your foolish errors. A catch 22 for you. :chuckle:
I gave up false doctrines for God's Truth.

I'll wager you have never even read the chapter. You hunt for circumcision and think you've found gold. Such ignorance. Wilful ignorance at that. :nono:

It is the 'not of works' Paul speaks of.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Just read what the scriptures say before and or after 'not of works';
"and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God" couldn't be more clear. That disqualifies anything anyone attempts to do to pervert it by adding works to it.
not far from that is circumcision mentioned.
:chuckle: the only time "circumcision" is mentioned in Ephesians is Paul telling these Gentiles who in time past were without Christ and why (being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world); that they were called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands (Ephesians 2:11 KJV). That is about people called the Circumcision not the work of circumcision. :duh:

God's Truth

"and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God" couldn't be more clear. That disqualifies anything anyone attempts to do to pervert it by adding works to it. :chuckle: the only time "circumcision" is mentioned in Ephesians is Paul telling these Gentiles who in time past were without Christ and why (being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world); that they were called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands (Ephesians 2:11 KJV). That is about people called the Circumcision not the work of circumcision. :duh:

The Gentiles were unclean people who were dead in their sins because they did not take care of their sins as the Jews did with the purification works; which, circumcision is the sign that proved one did the purification works. The Gentiles were DEAD in their sins and the UNCIRCUMCISION of their flesh...they were without God in the world because they didn't come into the covenant and do the purification works.

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in world.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Gentiles were unclean people who were dead in their sins because they did not take care of their sins as the Jews did with the purification works; which, circumcision is the sign that proved one did the purification works. The Gentiles were DEAD in their sins and the UNCIRCUMCISION of their flesh...they were without God in the world because they didn't come into the covenant and do the purification works.

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in world.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,
I know why they were without Christ, and without hope in the world in time past. It's right in the verse.

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

They were OUTSIDE of the promises of Genesis 12:3 KJV because of Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV and unless God had a mystery that included them (and us by extension), they (and we) were goners (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV)! The word of truth, the gospel or their salvation (and mine and "your") is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV a but now truth of Ephesians 2:13 KJV! They were made partakers of Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) and SO ARE WE! Trust the Lord believing it (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It is God who hath made us meet to be partakers (Colossians 1:12 KJV)! It's all by His grace. You know it as you'e seen it (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). Now trust the Lord believing it!