What are the Real Reasons People Voted for Trump?

TweetyBird

I can tell you why I did: First of all, being pro life and pro traditional marriage, for lower taxes and smaller government, me voting Republican is automatically baked in the cake. Its a given.

Next, I vote policy over personality. Even if Trump is not my favorite guy, it is policy that matters. After all, what good is voting for the polite person if their policies are bad.

Next, I know he is right about then "Wall", corporate tax rates, trade and ISIS.

Finally, he was my way of spitting in the face of establishment Republicans and telling them, this is what you get for betraying me and giving Obama everything he wanted.

I can understand your frustration. I think as Americans we really failed to move things in a proper channel instead of letting emotions tip the scale, so-to-speak. There were other Republicans to choose from, why go to the flap trap who re-gutterized people groups, at their expense, so he could get votes? Does not anyone see the hypocrisy of that?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Gotta say it didn't turn out like I was led to believe it would by the crooked pollsters. But I'm happy for you...:). I'm wondering how long it'll be before Trump starts upsetting this or that group of supporters. It can't be long before he abandons his wall idea, or backs off on withdrawing from NAFTA, or one of his other hare-brained schemes. I'm looking forward to 4 years of entertainment at your expense. haha:wave:
:chuckle: Canada will always be the red-headed step child of North America !

TweetyBird

therein lies the initial divide, Trump voters don't buy that fear mongering. Its like the boy who called wolf too many times.

I have to tell you, it's very real. Many people in my area with racially diverse families are trying to come to terms, and are very concerned with others emulating racial bullying by the man who is now supposed to be our "leading man".

TweetyBird

He's not against any of those things, you all simply went on a judgement campaign and found anything yall could to smear him.

I am not smearing anyone. He is his own witness to his bad behavior.

He vanquished Hillary in the debates. You see, there's a place called 'reality' and yall decided to remain in La La Land thinking the Presidency is all about the rights women already have or being polite to scumbags.

I did not say one word about rights. I am referring to racial and sexual bullying.

Foreign affairs is not something you 'get better in'. It is something you retain knowledge of and then your natural ability takes point- Trump has that ability and showed it by going through all the odds he did to become the President. Democrats, Republicans, specialty groups- he sabotaged political correctness and put the entire nation back in the hands of conservatives.

Sabotaging "political correctness" is not what happened. He was given the right, by his own demand, to call people groups by unacceptable names, and invoke violence against them.

One of the most promising things of Trump is with foreign policy, I don't know how you all get off on that 'experience' nonsense when Hillary can't even get through to people here free of the burdens Trump took on.

Interesting, wondering about all those "foreigners" who are now shaking their heads at what we have done in this election.

When you're sitting there recycling the same garbage to chalk Trump's success up to an alleged ignorance or evil of his supporters, it's kind of hard not to.

I do not listen to commentators, news reports, stories, ads, campaign promises. I listened to the words coming out of his mouth. What happened at those rallies is recorded history, not fantasy.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why did people vote for Him? I am trying to analyze why people would choose someone who is obviously against the disabled, people of color, and women - and speaks of violence against them?
Trump :greedy: is not against: the disabled, blacks or women. :dizzy: Trump is a child-killing, serial adulterer (Pr 8:36, Ex 20:14); but, he is not against: the disabled, blacks or women.
drool.gif

TweetyBird

The reasons are what we've been saying all along - Trump is the people's voice, jobs, economy, 2nd amendment, pro life, an outsider, immigration, building the military, re-negotiating rotten trade deals, removing Obamacare, and on and on - Trump tapped into the frustration of hard working Americans and won the White House. Democrats are finished

I don't know ... it all sounds like a lot of high gloss paint on a rusty boat.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
People voted for Trump because they are 1. Naive . 2. Ignorant. 3. Gullible.
4. Uninformed . 5. Misinformed . 6. Dumb . 7. Poorly educated . 8. Narrow-minded.
9. Intolerant. 10. Hypocritical . 11. Bigoted . 12. Rednecks . 11. Retarded . .........

You really need to grow up. Until you do, I believe McDonalds has a nice little section for you to play in.

Trump :greedy: is not against: the disabled, blacks or women. :dizzy: Trump is a child-killing, serial adulterer (Pr 8:36, Ex 20:14); but, he is not against: the disabled, blacks or women.
drool.gif

Same goes for you. That sort of stupidity is not worthy of an adult conversation

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I supported trump's candidacy because the thought of 4 (or eight) years of hillary continuing bammy's eight years of failure was too much to consider

i supported trump's candidacy because it was the only way to stop hillary

whether or not i'll support trump's presidency will depend on how well he presides :idunno:

dodge

I can understand your frustration. I think as Americans we really failed to move things in a proper channel instead of letting emotions tip the scale, so-to-speak. There were other Republicans to choose from, why go to the flap trap who re-gutterized people groups, at their expense, so he could get votes? Does not anyone see the hypocrisy of that?

You do understand that Obama would not let the border agents do their job ?

Folks got tired of the murders and gang activity of Illegal Mexicans that joined gangs.

Muslims should stay in their countries in safe zones.Muslims don't want a safe place that affords them freedom. If they did they would not push for sharia law over the constitution.

The majority just voted Trump as the next president it is over.

I believe the majority of Americans are tired of folks walking across the border without going through the proper channels. They are ILLEGAL aliens,and they should not be allowed to stay in the U.S..

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Theophilus, "people are tired of "supporting the freeloaders ?" Well, let me tell you who the freeloaders are . The do nothing, obstructionist Republican members of congress in Washington, who collect salaries and get premium benefits without doing anything to help the poor, create jobs,
make college more affordable, provide Americans with the health care they need while voting to slash and eliminate essential government programs to help those in need etc .
The monstrously rich CEOs of the big corporations , who are obscenely wealthy and hoard money ,without doing anything to contribute to charities and who outsource millions of jobs so they can rake in the billions while the poor and middle class get poorer .
The millions of Americans who are struggling to make ends meet and provide for their families and mist have food stamps, etc aren't the freeloaders. They're the VICTIMS of the rich freeloaders .
And Trump will do nothing but help these miserable, greedy bastards get richer and richer while slashing essential government programs. Be careful what you ask for !
Cutting taxes on the wealthy does NOTHING to create jobs or increase general prosperity in America . Prosperity does NOT "trickle down". It never has and never will .

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I supported trump's candidacy because the thought of 4 (or eight) years of hillary continuing bammy's eight years of failure was too much to consider

whether or not i'll support trump's presidency will depend on how well he presides :idunno:

Yes, in a sense, a president Trump with a GOP House & Senate is a repudiation of Obama's presidency when one considers that repealing and replacing Obamacare has been at the forefront of his campaign.

TweetyBird

drool.gif

He could have fooled me with his mockery of the disabled, his slurs against women, and having every person of color ushered forcibly out of his rallies and then instructing his "followers" to "beat them up".

TweetyBird

It's too late. He got elected. He does not need anyone's support now.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Why did people vote for Him? I am trying to analyze why people would choose someone who is obviously against the disabled, people of color, and women - and speaks of violence against them?

Did they just push to get him because of the pro-life agenda [which makes no sense to me]?

Did people not take into consideration his lack of skills in dealing with others and how that is going to affect this country's foreign affairs relationships?

Was it due to a Republican agenda to get replace the Democratically held office [Or perhaps, on the other hand, put in a Democrat who is wearing a Republican Hat]?

Was Hillary viewed as that much of a worse case scenario in office than Trump and why?

What are your thoughts?

ps: Can we keep the topic from descending into mud slinging? I sincerely hope so!

THE TRUMPIRE STRIKES BACK.

Think about it..we just had eight years of black, liberal leadership...the prospect for, at least, four more years of a woman/liberal as president, gays getting married, black lives matter....etc. was just too much to bear.

The exasperated (and furtive) bigots have spoken; the vaulted backslide has begun.

TweetyBird

You do understand that Obama would not let the border agents do their job ?

Folks got tired of the murders and gang activity of Illegal Mexicans that joined gangs.

Muslims should stay in their countries in safe zones.Muslims don't want a safe place that affords them freedom. If they did they would not push for sharia law over the constitution.

The majority just voted Trump as the next president it is over.

I believe the majority of Americans are tired of folks walking across the border without going through the proper channels. They are ILLEGAL aliens,and they should not be allowed to stay in the U.S..

I am not arguing against your valid point. But why Trump? There were other Republicans. The Republican party did not do their job. They let Trump run all over them. And he was happy to oblige.

dodge

I am not arguing against your valid point. But why Trump? There were other Republicans. The Republican party did not do their job. They let Trump run all over them. And he was happy to oblige.

I believe it is called the election process and Trump won !

Do you really want a process that the RNC controls ? I think what we have is much better than yes men going before the people and doing as the RNC says.