What are the Real Reasons People Voted for Trump?

TweetyBird

Why did people vote for Him? I am trying to analyze why people would choose someone who is obviously against the disabled, people of color, and women - and speaks of violence against them?

Did they just push to get him because of the pro-life agenda [which makes no sense to me]?

Did people not take into consideration his lack of skills in dealing with others and how that is going to affect this country's foreign affairs relationships?

Was it due to a Republican agenda to get replace the Democratically held office [Or perhaps, on the other hand, put in a Democrat who is wearing a Republican Hat]?

Was Hillary viewed as that much of a worse case scenario in office than Trump and why?

What are your thoughts?

ps: Can we keep the topic from descending into mud slinging? I sincerely hope so!

The Berean

I think this article sums it up well and it's written by a liberal millenial.

Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a Terrifying Backlash

Many will say Trump won because he successfully capitalized on blue collar workers' anxieties about immigration and globalization. Others will say he won because America rejected a deeply unpopular alternative. Still others will say the country is simply racist to its core.

But there's another major piece of the puzzle, and it would be a profound mistake to overlook it. Overlooking it was largely the problem, in the first place.

Trump won because of a cultural issue that flies under the radar and remains stubbornly difficult to define, but is nevertheless hugely important to a great number of Americans: political correctness.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I can tell you why I did: First of all, being pro life and pro traditional marriage, for lower taxes and smaller government, me voting Republican is automatically baked in the cake. Its a given.

Next, I vote policy over personality. Even if Trump is not my favorite guy, it is policy that matters. After all, what good is voting for the polite person if their policies are bad.

Next, I know he is right about then "Wall", corporate tax rates, trade and ISIS.

Finally, he was my way of spitting in the face of establishment Republicans and telling them, this is what you get for betraying me and giving Obama everything he wanted.

jeffblue101

Why did people vote for Him? I am trying to analyze why people would choose someone who is obviously against the disabled, people of color, and women - and speaks of violence against them?

What are your thoughts?
therein lies the initial divide, Trump voters don't buy that fear mongering. Its like the boy who called wolf too many times.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

He's not against any of those things, you all simply went on a judgement campaign and found anything yall could to smear him.

Did they just push to get him because of the pro-life agenda [which makes no sense to me]?

He vanquished Hillary in the debates. You see, there's a place called 'reality' and yall decided to remain in La La Land thinking the Presidency is all about the rights women already have or being polite to scumbags.

Did people not take into consideration his lack of skills in dealing with others and how that is going to affect this country's foreign affairs relationships?

Foreign affairs is not something you 'get better in'. It is something you retain knowledge of and then your natural ability takes point- Trump has that ability and showed it by going through all the odds he did to become the President. Democrats, Republicans, specialty groups- he sabotaged political correctness and put the entire nation back in the hands of conservatives.

One of the most promising things of Trump is with foreign policy, I don't know how you all get off on that 'experience' nonsense when Hillary can't even get through to people here free of the burdens Trump took on.

Can we keep the topic from descending into mud slinging? I sincerely hope so!

When you're sitting there recycling the same garbage to chalk Trump's success up to an alleged ignorance or evil of his supporters, it's kind of hard not to.

The Berean

therein lies the initial divide, Trump voters don't buy that fear mongering. Its like the boy who called wolf too many times.

It's funny you said this. Liberal Bill Maher recently said he was wrong for demonizing past GOP candidates.

Bill Maher Admits He Cried Wolf On Past GOP Nominees

In an odd moment of clarity, Real Time with Bill Maher host Bill Maher admitted on Friday that he had been far too harsh on past Republican nominees for president and that he regrets "crying wolf" so many times. He said that in hindsight, Mitt Romney and John McCain were "honorable men" and that Donald Trump is far different.

WizardofOz

It's funny you said this. Liberal Bill Maher recently said he was wrong for demonizing past GOP candidates.

Bill Maher Admits He Cried Wolf On Past GOP Nominees

In an odd moment of clarity, Real Time with Bill Maher host Bill Maher admitted on Friday that he had been far too harsh on past Republican nominees for president and that he regrets "crying wolf" so many times. He said that in hindsight, Mitt Romney and John McCain were "honorable men" and that Donald Trump is far different.

He's such a broken record. I tuned his white noise out long, long ago.

The Berean

I can tell you why I did: First of all, being pro life and pro traditional marriage, for lower taxes and smaller government, me voting Republican is automatically baked in the cake. Its a given.

Next, I vote policy over personality. Even if Trump is not my favorite guy, it is policy that matters. After all, what good is voting for the polite person if their policies are bad.

Next, I know he is right about then "Wall", corporate tax rates, trade and ISIS.

Finally, he was my way of spitting in the face of establishment Republicans and telling them, this is what you get for betraying me and giving Obama everything he wanted.

This describes Jimmy Carter to a tee. :p Carter is a Christian man with a 160 IQ (supposedly), a military man, and a successful farmer and governor. Yet, his presidency was lowsy.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Was it due to a Republican agenda to get replace the Democratically held office [Or perhaps, on the other hand, put in a Democrat who is wearing a Republican Hat]?

Was Hillary viewed as that much of a worse case scenario in office than Trump and why?

What are your thoughts?

ps: Can we keep the topic from descending into mud slinging? I sincerely hope so!
The reasons are what we've been saying all along - Trump is the people's voice, jobs, economy, 2nd amendment, pro life, an outsider, immigration, building the military, re-negotiating rotten trade deals, removing Obamacare, and on and on - Trump tapped into the frustration of hard working Americans and won the White House. Democrats are finished

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Here's another reason, which FNC just reported: Apparently the Senate had been considering a vote on Obama's SCOTUS nomination, but not now. Now they are waiting for Trump's first pick. That alone should make every Christian happy, and relieved.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
People voted for Trump because they are 1. Naive . 2. Ignorant. 3. Gullible.
4. Uninformed . 5. Misinformed . 6. Dumb . 7. Poorly educated . 8. Narrow-minded.
9. Intolerant. 10. Hypocritical . 11. Bigoted . 12. Rednecks . 11. Retarded .

Not all of the Trump voters are guilty of all of these things, but they are all factors in the
appalling victory of Donald J. Chump.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
4. Uninformed . 5. Misinformed . 6. Dumb . 7. Poorly educated . 8. Narrow-minded.
:rotfl:

theophilus

Not all of the Trump voters are guilty of all of these things, but they are all factors in the
appalling victory of Donald J. Chump.

12. Tired of "politics as usual."
13. Tired of supporting free-loaders.
14. Tired of politicians who are in bed with insurance companies.
15. Tired of having our country sold down the pike.

I need a nap.

jeffblue101

shy Trump voters
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-supporters-helped-deliver-upset-victory.html
Donald Trump’s upset victory over Hillary Clinton in the presidential race stunned the political establishment and the pollsters – but his campaign manager credited the phenomenon of “undercover Trump voters” and several other key factors Wednesday morning for their win.

Kellyanne Conway, speaking with “Fox & Friends,” said there was a “small but potent” force all along who didn’t reveal they planned to vote for the Republican nominee.

“It’s not that they’re embarrassed,” she said, but that they were “tired of arguing” about their political preference. The "undercover" voters followed a similar pattern displayed by so-called "shy voters" who backed the "Brexit" vote in the U.K. over the summer.

Conway said their voters fell into a range of categories, including Hispanic voters, women, union members and other constituencies that traditionally vote Democratic.

The common thread among these voters, she said, was they wanted the country taken in a “new and different direction,” they had an unfavorable view of Clinton and they shared certain concerns – about everything from ObamaCare premium increases to the decline of manufacturing jobs to the threat of terrorism.

in other words liberals own vicious rhetoric had an unintended consequence of masking a larger trump movement

TweetyBird

I think this article sums it up well and it's written by a liberal millenial.

Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a Terrifying Backlash

Many will say Trump won because he successfully capitalized on blue collar workers' anxieties about immigration and globalization. Others will say he won because America rejected a deeply unpopular alternative. Still others will say the country is simply racist to its core.

But there's another major piece of the puzzle, and it would be a profound mistake to overlook it. Overlooking it was largely the problem, in the first place.

Trump won because of a cultural issue that flies under the radar and remains stubbornly difficult to define, but is nevertheless hugely important to a great number of Americans: political correctness.

Thank you. It solidifies what I could not put my finger on. Unfortunately, "politically correct terms" were meant to ease things up a bit - by calling segments of society by respectful names and terms. What Trump has done is push us backwards to the point of "painful terror" - for those groups of people, once again, in exchange for those who "speak their minds" in ever so calculated terms and names intended to mock, denigrate, and "put them in their place". So the question is - how Christian is that for the "Christian conservative right"?

commonsense

[MENTION=15629]commonsense[/MENTION] - How do you like us now? :rotfl:
Gotta say it didn't turn out like I was led to believe it would by the crooked pollsters. But I'm happy for you...:). I'm wondering how long it'll be before Trump starts upsetting this or that group of supporters. It can't be long before he abandons his wall idea, or backs off on withdrawing from NAFTA, or one of his other hare-brained schemes. I'm looking forward to 4 years of entertainment at your expense. haha:wave: