"What Is Man....?"

bybee

The Psalmist asks "What is man oh God that Thou art mindful of him?"
I have often wondered, when confronted with the awful news of the day, "What is God, oh man that thou art so unmindful of Him?"
A real man?
My father was a real man. He was head of our house. He provided for us and protected us. He could be very stern and harsh sometimes and at times I hated him. He cared about the poor and the disadvantaged. He had been homeless and hungry in his youth so he had empathy. He taught us not to, necessarily, judge a book by it's cover. He believed in God but was not dogmatic about religion.
He enlisted in the Army during WWI when he was 16 years old, served with honor, was wounded and decorated. He was an Air Raid Warden for our neighborhood during WWII.
My husband was a real man! I loved everything about him, good bad and indifferent! We were married 52 years and struggled mightily on and off over many things.
I suspect, given my husband's quiet determination to take care of business as it presented itself, had anyone seriously harmed one of our four daughters, well, it would not have gone unpunished. His motto "Some things are worth dying for!"
My son is a real man! He adored his dad and the feeling was mutual. My son is a strong family man and a honorable person. He has been very nurturing to me since the death of my husband.
I am so blessed with my immediate family and with my sister's family.
I would say that a real man, in my experience, doesn't use force to get his way. A real man shares his strength for the good of others.
What say you?
He had his good qualities and his bad qualities.

JosephR

a man, makes a sword into a plow when children need to eat...

a man makes plows to swords when life needs to be saved..

a man protects those who would be taken advantage of...

a man puts others in front of because no one else can.

a man takes responsibility for his actions..

a man provides, protects, see's to the needs of non men...and there family

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would say that a real man, in my experience, doesn't use force to get his way. A real man shares his strength for the good of others.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.

You have been surrounded by excellent men.

bybee

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.

You have been surrounded by excellent men.

Thank you Nick! I am most blessed and grateful!

bybee

a man, makes a sword into a plow when children need to eat...

a man makes plows to swords when life needs to be saved..

a man protects those who would be taken advantage of...

a man puts others in front of because no one else can.

a man takes responsibility for his actions..

a man provides, protects, see's to the needs of non men...and there family

Amen Brother! Your post brought tears to my eyes! Thank you

PureX

It's sad that "real men" don't desire great wealth or positions of power. Because that leaves the doors to wealth and power open to those who least deserve it. And to those who, when they get it (as they always do), will use it to destroy everyone else's lives.

Real men don't vote for pigs and scoundrels just because they claim they are anti-abortion. Or just because they claim they hate Muslims. Or just because they claim they hate gays. Real men don't hate Muslims or gays or atheists or liberals or conservatives. They hate liars and thieves and murderers, and people who exploit and abuse other people for ego and profit.

Real men understand the difference between labels and actions, between religion and God, between love and desire, and between talk and action. And real men don't make themselves willfully ignorant just so they can pretend in their own mind that they are always right.

Real men give help to others when they can, and accept help from them when they need it. Real men don't cry and whine about paying their taxes because they understand that the well-being of the individual depends on the well-being of the society he lives in, and that life is not just about him getting his own.

Real men don't seek vengeance, they seek solutions. And they understand the difference between the two.

I could go on but you get the idea.

Truster

Man is conceived and brought forth from the womb in the likeness and image of Adam. Genesis 5:3 KJV

In this fallen state he makes many boasts including what a ‘’real man is’’. This is because he has never seen himself as he truly is. He takes on forms of religion and speaks well of himself and those that have the same mindset in the love of the world and pride of life.

It is only if the man is taken out of Adam, by the sovereign act of regeneration, and finds himself in Messiah, that this changes.

Therefore if any man be in Messiah, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

It is only when and if this occurs that the man is made whole.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

A feminist man won't do this. A feminist man is promiscuous, violent against women, and plots against proper authority.

edit: And a whoremonger. Don't know how I forgot that one.

Last edited:

bybee

It's sad that "real men" don't desire great wealth or positions of power. Because that leaves the doors to wealth and power open to those who least deserve it. And to those who, when they get it (as they always do), will use it to destroy everyone else's lives.

Real men don't vote for pigs and scoundrels just because they claim they are anti-abortion. Or just because they claim they hate Muslims. Or just because they claim they hate gays. Real men don't hate Muslims or gays or atheists or liberals or conservatives. They hate liars and thieves and murderers, and people who exploit and abuse other people for ego and profit.

Real men understand the difference between labels and actions, between religion and God, between love and desire, and between talk and action. And real men don't make themselves willfully ignorant just so they can pretend in their own mind that they are always right.

Real men give help to others when they can, and accept help from them when they need it. Real men don't cry and whine about paying their taxes because they understand that the well-being of the individual depends on the well-being of the society he lives in, and that life is not just about him getting his own.

Real men don't seek vengeance, they seek solutions. And they understand the difference between the two.

I could go on but you get the idea.

I agree about "seeking solutions" or "problem solvers"! This a common characteristic I find in the men that I admire.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i call 'em girlymen

Bill Clinton, OJ Simpson, Charlie Sheen...they come to mind. Let me use a more modern term and sports analogy.

A man that is a husband and father is to wear himself out for the team.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Go figure.

It's always about what men can do for women, and never the other way around. How men can improve to improve women, rather then women improve themselves. How much blood a man can bleed for the sake of the woman's liberties, and how much he can sacrifice to ensure her happiness.

These threads, produced by the same people, are something of a bad joke really. And talking about what a 'real man' is- well, a real man isn't a stepping stone for a woman's interests. When it comes to men, they will throw the Bible at you all day. But as SOON as you, a man, throw it at them they pretend their role doesn't exist.

For starts
A real women doesn't make a discussion about what a real man is :rolleyes:

bybee

Go figure.

It's always about what men can do for women, and never the other way around. How men can improve to improve women, rather then women improve themselves. How much blood a man can bleed for the sake of the woman's liberties, and how much he can sacrifice to ensure her happiness.

These threads, produced by the same people, are something of a bad joke really. And talking about what a 'real man' is- well, a real man isn't a stepping stone for a woman's interests. When it comes to men, they will throw the Bible at you all day. But as SOON as you, a man, throw it at them they pretend their role doesn't exist.

For starts
A real women doesn't make a discussion about what a real man is :rolleyes:

I disagree.

OCTOBER23

My Dad left when I was 12 years old.

He broke my Mom's Jaw.

He was a perverted womanizer.

That is what Satan's Society does to Men nowadays.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
My Dad left when I was 12 years old.

He broke my Mom's Jaw.

He was a perverted womanizer.

That is what Satan does to Men nowadays.

Cool story.

Do you know what Satan does to women nowadays?

I'd make a nice, long list, but just like always the focus will just center back on men or otherwise be ignored. I could imagine the flack a person would get for making a thread on what makes a 'real woman' and counts their sin.

Given past recent threads, this one is just an insult to injury. This is what will separate the men from the hostages, and the Marys from the Jezebels who apparantly can't help but seek for worship :rolleyes:

bybee

Cool story.

Do you know what Satan does to women nowadays?

I'd make a nice, long list, but just like always the focus will just center back on men or otherwise be ignored. I could imagine the flack a person would get for making a thread on what makes a 'real woman' and counts their sin.

Given past recent threads, this one is just an insult to injury. This is what will separate the men from the hostages, and the Marys from the Jezebels who apparantly can't help but seek for worship :rolleyes:

This thread is a tribute to the men in my life. It is puzzling that you cannot see that.
You are free to make a thread about women.