What Jesus do you believe on ?

He would be human,
Why?
but you evade reality to say God can clone himself.
Reality? A son is not a clone.

Do you believe:
Luke 1:34-35, Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Why wouldn't the Son of God be God? The son of a human is human.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Why?

Do you believe:
Luke 1:34-35, Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Why wouldn't the Son of God be God? The son of a human is human.
If God came from God, it would be a clone. Adam came from God too. He must have been divine too. :)

If God came from God, it would be a clone.
You insist on adding another 'God'. Because Man has sons, you are saying that there are multiple Mans (Adams)?

Btw,
If you were cloned, would the clone not be a member of Man? The clone would not be "Clone", it would still be Man. If God were cloned, there would be two members of God. If there were two clones, there would be three members of God; three members would be a Trin...

Eve was taken out of Man; Man became Woman, and, Woman was Man! There were two members of Man (Adam).

Adam came from God too. He must have been divine too. :)
It depends on how you use divine.

definition

di•vine​

(dɪˈvaɪn)

adj. -vin•er, -vin•est, adj.
1. of, like, or from a god, esp. the Supreme Being.

Do you believe that Jesus encouraged, or discouraged, people to believe he was God?
Why do you believe Jesus was not God?

Last edited:

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
You insist on adding another 'God'. Because Man has sons, you are saying that there are multiple Mans (Adams)?

Btw,
If you were cloned, would the clone not be a member of Man? The clone would not be "Clone", it would still be Man. If God were cloned, there would be two members of God. If there were two clones, there would be three members of God; three members would be a Trin...

Eve was taken out of Man; Man became Woman, and, Woman was Man! There were two members of Man (Adam).

It depends on how you use divine.

definition

di•vine​

(dɪˈvaɪn)

adj. -vin•er, -vin•est, adj.
1. of, like, or from a god, esp. the Supreme Being.

Do you believe that Jesus encouraged, or discouraged, people to believe he was God?
Why do you believe Jesus was not God?
No my point is that the first son of God is not God cloned, like you claim Jesus to be. Thus Adam and Jesus are not God cloned.

marke

I would tell them the truth, that God is Sovereign and does whatever He pleases among the people of the earth.

Dan. 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
If God chooses to leave a Calvinist in a state of delusion over his misinterpretations of Scripture then who are we to question God?

marke

Amen, exactly True Brother!

In these very last and wicked days, the false religion of Arminianism has distorted the True Jesus of scripture; making Him out to be merely a possible savior of all mankind; contingent upon some condition or performance a person meets. So in reality they don't believe that Christ came to save spiritually dead rebellious sinners, but that their jesus came to make everyone savable based upon some action of theirs that they meet or perform; so that God patiently waits to see who will make a decision to accept Him.

However, the Jesus whom I believe in, is The One that God the Father had given to His Beloved Son before the foundation Eph. 1:4-7, according to the riches of His Grace, to have forgiveness from their sins.

1 Pet. 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Absolutely everyone of these Chosen Elect are 100% Saved from their sins !
Election is based upon God's foreknowledge of those He saves. If He knows them well enough to save them in advance then He obviously knew they would believe and receive the Gospel to the salvation of their souls - hence, choose them as elect in Christ before the foundation of the world.

No my point is that the first son of God is not God cloned, like you claim Jesus to be. Thus Adam and Jesus are not God cloned.
Where did I "claim Jesus to be" cloned? Rather, I said the opposite.

Do you believe:

my point is that the first son of God is not God cloned
Why do you think that Adam was not God?
definition of clone
1a: the aggregate of genetically identical cells or organisms asexually produced by or from a single progenitor cell or organism
b: an individual grown from a single somatic cell or cell nucleus and genetically identical to it
c: a group of replicas of all or part of a macromolecule and especially DNAclones of identical recombinant DNA sequences
2: one that appears to be a copy of an original form : a clone of a personal computer

Neither Adam, nor Jesus were cloned.

The beginning of the first first Man:
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground", and "out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air".
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
Were the animals alive without the "breath of life" which God breathed into Adam?
When did Adam die?

The beginning of the second first Man:
"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

Jesus encouraged his disciples and others to believe that he was God. Was he conning them?

@yourpoint? , a son is clone of mommy and daddy. But God cannot clone himself. What happened? What is your point?
You didn't even comprehend this.
definition of clone
1a: the aggregate of genetically identical cells or organisms asexually produced by or from a single progenitor cell or organism
b: an individual grown from a single somatic cell or cell nucleus and genetically identical to it
c: a group of replicas of all or part of a macromolecule and especially DNAclones of identical recombinant DNA sequences
2: one that appears to be a copy of an original form : a clone of a personal computer
A son is not a clone.
my point is that the first son of God is not God cloned
Why do you think that Adam was not God?

Jesus encouraged his disciples and others to believe that he was God. Was he conning them?
A simple yes or no will end this discussion.

He did not encourage his disciples and others to believe that he was God.
Okay, the Jesus John wrote about did.

He definitely knew their intentions and encouraged them to believe the works, and they sought again to take him. He absolutely encouraged them to believe but to not think he was blaspheming.

"Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

They believed he was claiming to be God and you cannot refute that. He did not deny it and actually gave reason to believe he was telling the truth. Instead they sought again to take him and it's why they crucified him.

"When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him. The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;"

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Okay, the Jesus John wrote about did.

He definitely knew their intentions and encouraged them to believe the works, and they sought again to take him. He absolutely encouraged them to believe but to not think he was blaspheming.

"Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

They believed he was claiming to be God and you cannot refute that. He did not deny it and actually gave reason to believe he was telling the truth. Instead they sought again to take him and it's why they crucified him.

"When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him. The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;"
I find your statements unconvincing. The lying pharisees pretended Jesus could make i.e do himself God. Apparently you think there is only one God instead of one such God. But the ye are gods statement is the sons of God i.e. angelic beings. And he did the works of his father, because God was with him. blah blah blah.

The father and the son were at or in(to) each other, which means nothing other than they followed each other.

Jesus was also accused of slandering i.e. blaspheming God, which given the context was impossible regardless of what you believe.

I find your statements unconvincing. The lying pharisees pretended Jesus could make i.e do himself God. Apparently you think there is only one God instead of one such God. But the ye are gods statement is the sons of God i.e. angelic beings. And he did the works of his father, because God was with him. blah blah blah.

The father and the son were at or in(to) each other, which means nothing other than they followed each other.
No matter how you look at it, people thought Jesus was claiming to be God, because of the words he said. He said nothing to change their minds and encouraged them to believe his works.

Pilot clearly understood and became the more afraid.
"The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God. When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;"
But the ye are gods statement is the sons of God i.e. angelic beings.
If as you say, that Jesus meant angels, then clearly it would have been known that Jesus was claiming to be something other than God. Rather, what he said caused them to try to take him again for blasphemy, and reinforced what they already believed; that he claimed to be God
Jesus was also accused of slandering i.e. blaspheming God, which given the context was impossible regardless of what you believe.
They believed it because of what he said.

You, who never heard him speak, and don't understand the language as good as they did, simply deny he made the claim. They killed him for it and Pilot "was the more afraid". You claim that Pilot was afraid because the Pharisees were lying. You seem to have more knowledge about it than everyone we have record from that time.

Can you give one example of anyone who lived then, that didn't believe that Jesus made that claim?

Gary K

Banned
He did not encourage his disciples and others to believe that he was God.
Election is based upon God's foreknowledge of those He saves. If He knows them well enough to save them in advance then He obviously knew they would believe and receive the Gospel to the salvation of their souls - hence, choose them as elect in Christ before the foundation of the world.
You're leaving out a very important point.

Jesus said, And this is life eternal that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom He has sent. John 17:3 Our salvation hangs on us knowing God. Personally knowing God. Having a living relationship with Him.

Yes, God knew us before we were born, i.e. Cyrus, but it is in a personal relationship with Him that we learn He is 100% reliable and trustworthy. It's that building up of our faith in Him through that relationship with Him that teaches us just how faithful He is, and that causes us to be faithful in response. For it is God which worketh in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure. Knowing God changes us.

OZOS

You're leaving out a very important point.

Jesus said, And this is life eternal that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom He has sent. John 17:3 Our salvation hangs on us knowing God. Personally knowing God. Having a living relationship with Him.

Yes, God knew us before we were born, i.e. Cyrus, but it is in a personal relationship with Him that we learn He is 100% reliable and trustworthy. It's that building up of our faith in Him through that relationship with Him that teaches us just how faithful He is, and that causes us to be faithful in response. For it is God which worketh in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure. Knowing God changes us.
"Knowing God", is γινώσκω (ginosko), which is the same as yada in Hebrew "Adam knew (yada) Eve, His wife and she conceived." To "know" God is to become "one spirit with Him" (1 Cor 6:17). It is an intimacy that goes beyond learning about someone. The "relationship" that a believer has with God is not simply one of mental assent, but to literally become His child, having received His life, by the Holy Spirit who now dwells in us. As Paul said, "It is no longer I that live, but Christ". Eternal life is knowing God, because "It is the Spirit that gives life". Jesus came to give us life, His life. Those who are His have been born of the Spirit (have eternal life). They know God. This is why those who are not His, Jesus says to them "I never knew you".

beloved57

marke

This is error and promotes Election/Salvation based upon works, what a person does ! It denies Grace !