Which side is winning the "culture war?"

oatmeal

Then you better pray that your own God's side.

Pray?

When I can simply believe God's word and know it?

The meek shall inherit the earth and enjoy the abundance of peace.

Not the arrogant know it alls.

But those willing to learn and those that have the endurance and stamina and humility to learn.

The rest lose out.

Letsargue

Your conclusion does not follow from your analogy. If the U.S. were ever to become some kind of theocracy, it would be a Christian one - not a Islamic one.

(The militant Christian fundamentalists are a concern. They definitely are capable of performing terrorist acts in the U.S.

( What is a Spiritual Terrorist Attack??? ), You carnal minded what ever you all call yourselves???

(( But I'm not worry that they will inevitably overthrow the country )).

The Phony Christians in America has ALREADY Destroyed the Country!!!

Just WHO Do you think is at Fault for what has happened to America, ( If Not the Phony Christians )????

Whose fault is it that the Marxists has already taken over BOTH Parties of the Government???

I told You ALL it was going to happen eight years ago, before hardly anybody knew Obama and ~his -- (( "Husband" ))!!!

No Body -- 00-00-00

Damian

Why are secular fundamentalists (militant atheists) a concern in your opinion?

Because the secular fundamentalists don't have a much better track record than the religious fundamentialists. (Think about the political spectrum. On the far left, you have the communists. On the far right, you have the fascists.)

Damian

Pray?

When I can simply believe God's word and know it?

The meek shall inherit the earth and enjoy the abundance of peace.

Not the arrogant know it alls.

But those willing to learn and those that have the endurance and stamina and humility to learn.

The rest lose out.

Well, which side is God on...the secular or the religious?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Definitely, conservatives have been winning the culture war since the liberal high, in the late 60s.

1945, liberalism was is the wind, men from WW2 were outer-directed.

1955, everyone liked "Ike". It was a high conservative time. Renewal of conservative thought, such as, "National Review" magazine.

1965, mixed liberal self expression, with conservative values.

1967, hippies, counterculture in the rise. Some good things, awakening to racial prejudice.

1968, election if Nixon, silent majority, conservatives show presence.

1969, death of hippie, rise of civil rest. Using rights deserved to justify unrelated extreme views. High liberal period begins.

1972, rise of radical feminism, homosexual movements, entertainment mocking traditional values. Gay on the rise, free queer sex goes wild! High liberalism.

1976, liberalism declines, Carter elected as cultural conservative, but economic liberal.

1980, conservatism rises with election of president Reagan, moral majority, more powerful than in the 1950s.

mid 1980s, hip to be square, some radical dress, and AIDs nearly end gay movement.

1992, Clinton elected, after Bush sr, loses popular faith. Republicans take over congress, Clinton back conservative politics.

1990s, black Americans duped again by liberal messages, since the 80s,drugs and gangs, grow bigger. Time of high black imprisonment, manly drug related.

2001, Trade Center tradgity unites Americans against terrorism, patriotism highest since rise of Communism.

2000s, stock slump loss of real-estate value causes new rise in fiscal conservatism.

2003, America confidence behind Bush jr, war Iraq won.

2004, Bush reelected. War in Iraq policy become doubtful to many Americans.

2008, Iraq war drags on, Bush policy blamed, people looking for answers, turn liberal. Obama elected, his message is "change", yet promises broken.

2012, most not willing to trust Republicans. Neocons do not have strong base Reagan had, Obama reelected.

2014, Most think Obama is a disaster! He has one good claim, markets rise, people making money again, Obama takes credit. Obama heath care is seen as a federal intrusive nightmare!

The future> We do not need Obama, or his liberal epigrams. Bush does not represent all Republicans; social conservatives must blend again with fiscal conservatives.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Which side is winning the "culture war?" Religious traditionalists or secular progressives? You tell me.

By the way, I just want to let everyone here know that I am above the fray. I'm able to "think outside the box." You're not. That's what separates us.

It probably depends on the issue? :idunno: Do you have anything specific in mind? In general I'd say the progressive and secular side is gaining ground.

On the issue of homosexuality the religious traditionalists are not winning, for the most part. It's not all secular progressives on the winning side though, as some Christian denominations and groups are opening up to that as well.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think the far greater cultural war is between the plantation owners aka the 1% and the slaves aka the 99%. The plantation owners are winning. For now.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
( Google ) -- First Lady a man . You may have to do it a few times, there are those who are trying to remove it.

Paul

I very much dislike Barack Obama, but those who say what you are suggesting, are the lowest scum on the earth; they will go to hell for that! You cannot severely debase anyone with such hatred and slander and be in the Grace of God!

Do not suggest this again!

Damian

On the issue of homosexuality the religious traditionalists are not winning, for the most part. It's not all secular progressives on the winning side though, as some Christian denominations and groups are opening up to that as well.

That means the secular progressives are winning.

Societal evolution is a slow process. But when you look at the big picture. It is definitely progressing.