Who is Bob Enyart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
It has been said that Enyart is a good pastor, evangelist, general teacher, but he is not an academic scholar or theologian.

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
I'd say he's a great bible theologian/teacher.

And he is also great at; science, creationism, apologetics, philosophy, social activism, public speaking, TV and radio talk show hosting, world affairs, political satyr, live and written debates, authoring insightful books and teaching materials, doing bible seminars, discerning and expounding deep spiritual and philosophical issues, resolving complex and conflicting systems of belief, opposing evil, encouraging the saints, just to name a few. :eek:

frugalmom

Night Elf
Why I no longer support Bob

Why I no longer support Bob

Originally posted by SOTK

Why not? Just curious. Other than reading the debate between Zakath and him, I don't know anything about Enyart or his teachings. I've been curious about his teachings, but have been reluctant to read them. I don't see many people on TOL who express a negative opinion on him so I would be interested in hearing why you can't support him.

I know you have seen it now SOTK - but if anyone else wants to know, I gave my reason in this thread: Cruel Parenting

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15478&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I cannot, and will not, support anyone who endorses and sells such thing. I have the link where you can go read the first chapter of the book "To Train Up a Child" by Michael and Debi Perl, at the above link. From reviews I have been reading by people who have read the whole book, and from me reading chapter 1, I found out these lunatics advocate not only using a switch on babies (4month plus), but advocate things like sitting on a child if you need to in order to spank it, torturing a toddler who is having a tantrum until his screams become a whining, submissive whimper, and tripping a non swimming toddler into a deep pool. These people are obviously a couple of sadistic nuts who shouldn't be around ANY children.

Bob sells that book at his KGOV store coupled with a casette by him titled "tyrant dad". That's why I won't support him any longer. I assume he has read the book and endorses it.

There is NEVER a reason to strike a baby. That makes me really furious!!! That and the other things I have read and heard about this book are nothing short of abuse. It's so sad for those poor babies whose parents listen to this garbage advice. I wonder how many people have ordered that book thinking it must be OK if Bob has it.

As a former Bob Enyart fan since 1997, I feel like :vomit:

frugalmom

Night Elf
Originally posted by Lucky

They often mysteriously disappear. :noid:

;)

It is not my intention to try to get banned. I really like TOL, and hope I will continue to be welcome here. I just can't support Bob anymore. If I find out that he somehow doesn't know the contents of the book, and he removes and denounces it, I will apologize to him for the false assumption.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Frugalmom,

You do know why Enyart did jail time, don't you? :think:

If so, you'll understand that it's very rational, and completely within character, for him to endorse such a book.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Re: Why I no longer support Bob

Re: Why I no longer support Bob

Originally posted by frugalmom

I know you have seen it now SOTK - but if anyone else wants to know, I gave my reason in this thread: Cruel Parenting

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15478&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I cannot, and will not, support anyone who endorses and sells such thing. I have the link where you can go read the first chapter of the book "To Train Up a Child" by Michael and Debi Perl, at the above link. From reviews I have been reading by people who have read the whole book, and from me reading chapter 1, I found out these lunatics advocate not only using a switch on babies (4month plus), but advocate things like sitting on a child if you need to in order to spank it, torturing a toddler who is having a tantrum until his screams become a whining, submissive whimper, and tripping a non swimming toddler into a deep pool. These people are obviously a couple of sadistic nuts who shouldn't be around ANY children.

Bob sells that book at his KGOV store coupled with a casette by him titled "tyrant dad". That's why I won't support him any longer. I assume he has read the book and endorses it.

There is NEVER a reason to strike a baby. That makes me really furious!!! That and the other things I have read and heard about this book are nothing short of abuse. It's so sad for those poor babies whose parents listen to this garbage advice. I wonder how many people have ordered that book thinking it must be OK if Bob has it.

As a former Bob Enyart fan since 1997, I feel like :vomit:

Ever think to ask him about it?
I guarantee you that he would happily devote an entire show on the issue. He has never been afraid of honest criticism and openly invites it on his show. He would even happily discuss in detail the "child abuse" which Zakath refers to in the above post.

Jhn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Is it me, or do all of Enyart's disciples seem to end up trying to recruit "guests" for his radio show or to boost his book sales by encouraging people to buy his books?

:cool:

Why does it seem that Chi$tianity is it always about lining Bob's pockets? :greedy:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Zakath

Is it me, or do all of Enyart's disciples seem to end up trying to recruit "guests" for his radio show or to boost his book sales by encouraging people to buy his books?
This coming from the guy who made this book of Enyart's such a hit. :chuckle:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Lucky

This coming from the guy who made this book of Enyart's such a hit. :chuckle:
One of the reasons I object to his (and his disciples') tactics.

Just out of curiosity, do you know how much he's made off the book?

How much do you think I've made off the book that uses my material without my permission?

:think:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

One of the reasons I object to his (and his disciples') tactics.

Just out of curiosity, do you know how much he's made off the book?

How much do you think I've made off the book that uses my material without my permission?

:think:
Oh please. Material published on newsgroups is fair game. Have you complained about how much money Knight made off your Battle Royale posts? Banner ads pay web site owners according to how much traffic their site gets. The more interesting your Battel Royale posts were, Zakath, the more traffic TOL got. The more traffic TOL got, the more money Knight made.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Jefferson

Oh please. Material published on newsgroups is fair game.
Not for publishing by third parties. Is this why Enyart has his, shall we say "conveniently libertarian", stand on copyrights? :think:

Have you complained about how much money Knight made off your Battle Royale posts?
No, because I gave Knight written consent to use my material on the site.

I did not anticipate his "giving" Enyart the rights to use material that I published on TOL to make money.

My question still remains unanswered; how much did Enyart make off the debate?

There is a conspicuous silence on this point and your attempt to redirect the discussion did not go unnoticed. ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Knight

:zakath: = :dunce:

Zakath if you have to lie to make a point.... you don't have a very good point.
If I lied, please point it out so I can stand corrected... :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Jefferson

Oh please. Material published on newsgroups is fair game. Have you complained about how much money Knight made off your Battle Royale posts? Banner ads pay web site owners according to how much traffic their site gets. The more interesting your Battel Royale posts were, Zakath, the more traffic TOL got. The more traffic TOL got, the more money Knight made.
Not to mention.... we made a special agreement prior to BR VII. :D

Zakath's memory must be failing.

Maybe that is due to his "sickness". :chuckle:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight,

You chide me for telling an untruth and then cite something posted by Jefferson as an example?

I'm missing your point here...

Not to mention.... we made a special agreement prior to BR VII. :D

Zakath's memory must be failing.
I had to delete all my PMs for space considerations, perhaps you'd be good enough to remind me what about this "special agreement" was different from a standard agreement where the posters turn over all rights to the posted material to the board?

Maybe that is due to his "sickness". :chuckle:
You don't believe I was ill? You honestly think I would lie about something like that?

If you honestly think that is the case, then you don't know me as well as you believe.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

If I lied, please point it out so I can stand corrected... :)
Uh... well... I think we have been over this before but what the heck....

As you know (or should know) you specifically asked me via PM if you could use any BR VII material for your own use after the battle.

I then granted you that wish and also extended it to Bob.

TOL gave BOTH you and Bob permission to use any BR VII material for your own use at your request!

I still have all the PM's just in case. :D

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Knight

Uh... well... I think we have been over this before but what the heck....

As you know (or should know) you specifically asked me via PM if you could use any BR VII material for your own use after the battle.

I then granted you that wish and also extended it to Bob.
That's not how I recall it. The standard agreement had us surrender rights to our own posts. IIRC I was asking for permission to use my own material, not Enyarts.

TOL gave BOTH you and Bob permission to use any BR VII material for your own use at your request!

I still have all the PM's just in case.
That's helpful. If you could PM me with a copy of that info I'd like to have it.

BTW, Jefferson's aspersions to the contrary, I have no problem with you reaping the benefits of my debate with Enyart. You hosted the debate, after all.

It's him benefitting that perturbs me.

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
Zakath

Ah, I see Mr. Knight has laid to rest these concerns. But I already made this post, so here, read it anyway. (chuckles)

Money for nothing. (Zakath are you eyeing Enyart's wallet, is the eyes of your inner man getting bigger?)
Not for publishing by third parties. Is this why Enyart has his, shall we say "conveniently libertarian", stand on copyrights?

My question still remains unanswered; how much did Enyart make off the debate?

There is a conspicuous silence on this point and your attempt to redirect the discussion did not go unnoticed.
This is a public forum, I believe that you generally released your rights of copyright by giving your writing to the public for it's common unprotected consumption/use. And you specifically released your rights to your input here as per the forum's usage/registration process.
By participating at TheologyOnLine your participation becomes the copyrighted material of TheologyOnLine and TruthSmack.com . The owners of TheologyOnLine.com and TruthSmack.com have the right to use your screen name and likeness and participation in products and or material exclusive to TheologyOnLine or TruthSmack.com.
Are you somehow prohibited to seek to create your own compilation of the debate and sell it? I bet if you asked the owners of TOL, that if you faithfully reproduced the entire debate as it happened, that they would (very likely) agree to let you sell the debate. I believe you would not do that, because objectively speaking, you did a pretty bad job compared to Bob Enyart, but I'd say if you want to put your money where your mouth is, then go for it!

(Hindsight. I see Knight has already granted you rights to the debate just as I suspected. "Maybe" you should not have ended your participation in the debate as early as you did, you might have had a better product to sell.)

Status
Not open for further replies.