Who Justifieth the Ungodly

beloved57

Justified by God by non imputation!

What do I mean? Those whom nothing can be laid to their charge, namely Gods Elect, of them it's said, it is God that Justified Rom 8:33

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

So the non imputation of sins charged equates to God Justifying. The World in 2 Cor 5:19, is a Justified world!

Nanja

Justified by God by non imputation!

What do I mean? Those whom nothing can be laid to their charge, namely Gods Elect, of them it's said, it is God that Justified Rom 8:33

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

So the non imputation of sins charged equates to God Justifying. The World in 2 Cor 5:19, is a Justified world!

Yes! A Justified, Forgiven, Reconciled and Blessed World in their Surety Head from Everlasting; and that's before their own act of faith or believing in Time Rom. 4:6-8!

Right Divider

Body part
Yes! A Justified, Forgiven, Reconciled and Blessed World in their Surety Head from Everlasting; and that's before their own act of faith or believing in Time Rom. 4:6-8!
Read it all and in context:

Rom 4:1-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:1) What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? (4:2) For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath [whereof] to glory; but not before God. (4:3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. (4:4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (4:5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (4:6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, (4:7) [Saying], Blessed [are] they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. (4:8) Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Gen 15:1-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:1) After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I [am] thy shield, [and] thy exceeding great reward. (15:2) And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house [is] this Eliezer of Damascus? (15:3) And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir. (15:4) And, behold, the word of the LORD [came] unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir. (15:5) And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. (15:6) And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Nanja

(4:1) What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? (4:2) For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath [whereof] to glory; but not before God. (4:3) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. (4:4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (4:5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (4:6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, (4:7) [Saying], Blessed [are] they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. (4:8) Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

(15:1) After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I [am] thy shield, [and] thy exceeding great reward. (15:2) And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house [is] this Eliezer of Damascus? (15:3) And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir. (15:4) And, behold, the word of the LORD [came] unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir. (15:5) And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. (15:6) And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Faith is Work.

1 Thes. 1:3
Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

2 Thes. 1:11
Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

Our own faith / Believing does not contribute to our becoming Saved.

Salvation is not of Works Eph. 2:8-9, or by keeping the law

Abraham, as all the Elect of God, were chosen in union with Christ their Covenant Head and Surety before the world began, to have forgiveness of sins.

Eph. 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Rom. 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Titus 3:7
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

So Abraham was Saved, made Righteous / Justified by Grace before he believed in Time, hence his believing was evidence that he had already been Justified from Everlasting!

Christ's Righteousness was imputed to Abraham, and his sins were imputed to his Surety Heb. 7:22; Rom. 4:25; Rom. 5:18.

Rom. 4:6-8
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Rom. 8:33

Right Divider

Body part
Faith is Work.

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:
It's just wonderful the way that you pervert the truth in unrighteousness.

The "work of faith" what you DO when you have FAITH.

If you think that faith is a work, then you don't have it.

Nanja

Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit of God Gal. 5:22 given in New Birth to every one of God's Elect Saints.

But the Faith exercised in the mind of a carnal man is a work (Gr. ergon) of the flesh which cannot please God Rom 8:7-8.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

So first a person must be Born of the Spirit, then the good work of Believing with his New Mind / Heart Ezek. 36:26 pleases God Rom. 8:9.

beloved57

Faith is Work.

Our own faith / Believing does not contribute to our becoming Saved.

Salvation is not of Works Eph. 2:8-9, or by keeping the law

Abraham, as all the Elect of God, were chosen in union with Christ their Covenant Head and Surety before the world began, to have forgiveness of sins.

Eph. 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Rom. 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Titus 3:7
That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

So Abraham was Saved, made Righteous / Justified by Grace before he believed in Time, hence his believing was evidence that he had already been Justified from Everlasting!

Christ's Righteousness was imputed to Abraham, and his sins were imputed to his Surety Heb. 7:22; Rom. 4:25; Rom. 5:18.

Rom. 4:6-8
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Rom. 8:33

Excellent Speech my Sister!

Nanja

You are so wrong faith and belief are not works. They are only works to you so you can justify your heresy.

Nanja
Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit of God Gal. 5:22 given in New Birth to every one of God's Elect Saints.

But the Faith exercised in the mind of a carnal man is a work (Gr. ergon) of the flesh which cannot please God Rom 8:7-8.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...041&t=KJV&ss=1

So first a person must be Born of the Spirit, then the good work of Believing with his New Mind / Heart Ezek. 36:26 pleases God Rom. 8:9.

The faith / believing a person does in the carnal mind is a work of the flesh which cannot please God Rom. 8:7-8!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nanja

The faith / believing a person does in the carnal mind is a work of the flesh which cannot please God Rom. 8:7-8!

And this comes from a reformed website, Ligionier.org

Is Faith a Work?
FROM R.C. Sproul Jr. Sep 12, 2011 Category: Articles

The Reformation was born out of the biblical conviction that a man is deemed just in the sight of God, forgiven, adopted, not on the basis of his own goodness, but on the basis of the goodness of Christ imputed to him. Not everyone, however, is blessed with this imputation, but only those who trust in that provision, and in that provision alone. The debate at that time, and to this day, has been characterized as faith versus works. Though Rome would not affirm, and indeed rightly condemns crass Pelagianism, the notion that we can earn God’s favor outside His grace, she does see a vital role for our personal righteousness, even while affirming that our righteousness is the result of grace at work in us, with which we must cooperate. In framing the debate as works versus faith, however, some miss the very nature of faith.

One way to err on faith is in fact to turn it into a “work.” In this error we see “faith” as a substitute for our obedience. This view suggests that in the Garden God required total and complete obedience from us in order for us to be at peace with Him. When that failed, God graciously lowered His standard. Now all that He requires of us is that we trust in Him. The trouble with this view is that it wrongly makes faith the ground of our salvation. We stand before the throne of God and He asks why He should allow us into His kingdom. We boldly reply, “Because of my faith.” God then answers, “Faith? I love faith! People with faith, that’s just the kind of people I want to have around. By all means, come on in.” This error in the end is faith in faith, which faith will surely not save. It makes the cross gratuitous, which is blasphemy.

A second error turns faith into a work, and therefore rejects it as vital to our salvation. This view rightly recognizes that it is ultimately the finished work of Christ alone that saves. It rightly affirms that a man is justified because his sins were punished at Calvary, and the obedience of Christ is his. This view rightly affirms solus Christus, by Christ alone. In order, however, to fence off the first error, to be certain we don’t look at our faith as meritorious, it denudes faith of its true nature, turning it into bare assent. This view defines saving faith as agreeing to the truthfulness of the gospel message. This error suffers from two key problems. First, in diminishing the nature of saving faith to bare assent it leaves room even for, in principle, the demons. James says even the demons believe, and shudder (2:19). That is, they know God exists, and hate what they know. It is possible to know something and hate what you know. You can know, you can believe, as the devil himself knows and believes, that Jesus died for sinners, and still not have faith.

The second error here is that it doesn’t solve the problem. If we want to denude faith to be certain it doesn’t turn into a work, how does assent not become a work? Just as with true saving faith I am the one believing, trusting, resting, so even if it is mere assent I am the one assenting. In short, if faith is a work, why isn’t assent a work?

We avoid both problems when we embrace the wisdom of our fathers, the Westminister Divines. In their Shorter Catechism they ask, “What is faith in Jesus Christ?” and answer, “Faith in Jesus Christ is a saving grace, whereby we receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered to us in the gospel” (question 86). Faith is not a work on two counts. First, it is a gift from God. It is not just received by grace, but is a grace. Faith is something God gives to us. On our own it is not possible, for we are dead in our trespasses and sins. And note that our faith has a specific object- as He is offered to us in the gospel.”

Second, faith, by its nature, is passive. We rest; we do not work. We receive; we do not earn. There is more to resting than mere assent, but there is not more work. Indeed there is no work at all, just resting and receiving the very ground of our salvation- the work of Christ for us.

Rest. Receive. And rejoice.

beloved57

So what is your point? Just quoting scripture doesn't mean you believe it or understand it.

beloved57

It's just wonderful the way that you pervert the truth in unrighteousness.

The "work of faith" what you DO when you have FAITH.

If you think that faith is a work, then you don't have it.

Believing is a work. Here's the definition of a work. The word is ergon in the greek and means:

work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.
any product whatever, anything accomplished by hand, art, industry, mind

érgon (from ergō, "to work, accomplish") – a work or worker who accomplishes something. 2041 /érgon ("work") is a deed (action) that carries out (completes) an inner desire (intension, purpose).

an act, deed, thing done:

Do you deny that believing fits into one or more of these definitions?

beloved57

Justified by His Grace!

Do men Christ died for have to believe in Jesus in order to get Justified? The answer is absolutely No! They were Justified freely by His Grace, through the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus Rom 3:24

Nanja

Justified by His Grace!

Do men Christ died for have to believe in Jesus in order to get Justified? The answer is absolutely No! They were Justified freely by His Grace, through the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus Rom 3:24

Those Christ died for, they don't have to do anything to make themselves deserving of Justification, and that includes their own faith or believing, where the emphasis is placed on their action instead of the Work of Christ.

God's Elect, because of their Union In Christ before the world was ever Created Eph. 1:4-7, were Justified freely/ undeservedly by His Grace alone Rom. 3:24, meaning that God abjured them to be Righteous, declared them free from guilt, in their Surety Heb. 7:22 before the world began Rev. 13:8, based on His Faithfulness to be worked out in Time at the Cross. So no sin was ever laid to their charge [non-imputation] but to Christ instead Rom. 4:6-8.

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

So, it's nothing that a man does to get himself justified, that's just another lie purported by false religion.

beloved57

Those Christ died for, they don't have to do anything to make themselves deserving of Justification, and that includes their own faith or believing, where the emphasis is placed on their action instead of the Work of Christ.

God's Elect, because of their Union In Christ before the world was ever Created Eph. 1:4-7, were Justified freely/ undeservedly by His Grace alone Rom. 3:24, meaning that God abjured them to be Righteous, declared them free from guilt, in their Surety Heb. 7:22 before the world began Rev. 13:8, based on His Faithfulness to be worked out in Time at the Cross. So no sin was ever laid to their charge [non-imputation] but to Christ instead Rom. 4:6-8.

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

So, it's nothing that a man does to get himself justified, that's just another lie purported by false religion.
I Thank God that you walk in the Truth of Free Justification!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

beloved57

Forgiveness is Justification !

Forgiveness is Justification because it denotes the debt of ones sin has been put away. Forgiveness brings into play a legal declaration, that those for whom Christ died for their debt of sin and death for sin hath been put away. For them the wages of sin, death Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That wage of sin death, hath been put away, its forgiven. Any sinner Christ has died for, God has no choice but to look upon them as Just, Righteous; but not for their own sake and doings, but for Christ's sake and doings for them, He paid their debt. Eph 4:32

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

The word forgiven here is the word charizomai and means to

properly, to extend favor ("grace"), freely give favor to grant forgiveness (pardon).

That word pardon means:

a release from the legal penalties of an offense

This was preached in the OT Isa 43:25

25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Or For Christ's Sake their transgressions are blotteth out !

And this equates to Justification. In Rom 4:25

Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

The word Justification dikaiosis means :

acquittal, justifying, justification, a process of absolution.

The Resurrection of Christ is proof that those for whom Christ was delivered for their offences, have been acquitted, pardoned, forgiven, Justified, and that freely, even while they are enemies !

Last edited:

Nanja

Forgiveness is Justification !

Forgiveness is Justification because it denotes the debt of ones sin has been put away. Forgiveness brings into play a legal declaration, that those for whom Christ died for their debt of sin and death for sin hath been put away. For them the wages of sin, death Rom 6:23

23 [FONT="]For [B]the wages of sin is death[/B]; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That wage of sin death, hath been put away, its forgiven. Any sinner Christ has died for, God has no choice but to look upon them as Just, Righteous; but not for their own sake and doings, but for Christ's sake and doings for them, He paid their debt. Eph 4:32

[/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=4]And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as [B]God for [U]Christ's sake[/U] hath [U]forgiven[/U] you.

[/B]The word forgiven here is the word charizomai and means to

properly, to [I]extend favor[/I] ("[I]grace[/I]"), [I]freely give favor[/I] to grant [I]forgiveness[/I] ([I]pardon[/I]).

That word pardon means:

[/SIZE][B][COLOR=#3B3E41][FONT="]a release from the legal penalties of an offense

[/FONT]
[/B][FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This was preached in the OT Isa 43:25

[/FONT]25 [FONT="]I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions [B]for mine own sake,[/B] and will not remember thy sins.

Or For Christ's Sake their transgressions are blotteth out !

And this equates to Justification. In Rom 4:25

[/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=4]Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our[U] justification.

[/U]The word Justification dikaiosis means :

[U]acquittal[/U], justifying, justification, a process of absolution.

[COLOR="#006400"]The Resurrection of Christ is proof that those for whom Christ was delivered for their offences, have been acquitted, pardoned, forgiven, Justified, and that freely, even while they are enemies !
[/SIZE]

Amen Brother!

Christ's death was a Covenant Death for all His Sheep He died for John 10:11, 15. And the Resurrection was a declaration that the Father's wrath for sin has been appeased for them Rom. 5:9. All the Sheep were Justified in their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22; 2 Cor. 5:21, and raised together with Him: The Great Shepherd of the Sheep.

Heb. 13:20
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant

Col. 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

God's Law and Justice was satisfied on behalf of all His Sheep, being reconciled to Him 2 Cor. 5:19 even while being enemies and unbelievers Rom. 5:10.

When Christ was raised from dead, all His Body chosen In Union with Him to have remission / forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7 were raised together with him with Him to New Life,

And as a result of their being quickened with Christ from the dead, every one of them shall be Spiritually regenerated [born again] in Time.

Rom. 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

beloved57

Amen Brother!

Christ's death was a Covenant Death for all His Sheep He died for John 10:11, 15. And the Resurrection was a declaration that the Father's wrath for sin has been appeased for them Rom. 5:9. All the Sheep were Justified in their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22; 2 Cor. 5:21, and raised together with Him: The Great Shepherd of the Sheep.

Heb. 13:20
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant

Col. 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

God's Law and Justice was satisfied on behalf of all His Sheep, being reconciled to Him 2 Cor. 5:19 even while being enemies and unbelievers Rom. 5:10.

When Christ was raised from dead, all His Body chosen In Union with Him to have remission / forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7 were raised together with him with Him to New Life,

And as a result of their being quickened with Christ from the dead, every one of them shall be Spiritually regenerated [born again] in Time.

Rom. 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Praise the Lord !