Why didn't God create Jesus.....

keypurr

Keypurr, I have already explained to you that the Greek word for image is charakter which refers to Jesus' nature as being the nature of God.

My valued friend I suggest you compare Heb 1:3 in a few different translations. God created a copy of himself, a spirit, Christ. Once you see that it could open your mind to my thoughts. This is the son at the creation and this is the true son he SENT from heaven.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
My valued friend I suggest you compare Heb 1:3 in a few different translations. God created a copy of himself, a spirit, Christ.

Keypurr, I full well understand what you believe and why you believe it.

I've not seen any scripture that says that the preincarnate Christ was a created being. I read just the opposite.

:cheers:

keypurr

Our God, defeated death. I should of been specific. However, God cannot die, when getting to specifics. Yes, God is Jesus. But God still maintained HIS life in Heaven. Perhaps through an " inexplicable" event that might be called sovereign departure,?.... as " somehow ", God was separated from God.

Some things remain a mystery and are not for us to know.

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?”

Noting the only time Jesus did not use the name " Father".

I disagree, Jesus was a man that was given the express image of God spirit. That spirit is a created form of God. Being a creation, he could die as a man.

The true Christ is a spirit, God used him to create everything. He was and is the second in command in the heavenly host. He took the form of man to enlighten us about his father and die on the cross. He spoke through Jesus, he was in the world, he created the world and the world knew him not. Most still do not know him.

keypurr

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 " He, was in the beginning with God ( Who is he ?---Jesus). .…john I

The Word became flesh--Jesus, and made his " Word" from the beginning to dwell among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. john 1:14.

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched--this we proclaim concerning the Word of life ( again the word is GOD-jesus--made flesh---to dwell among us--making the Word, God-Jesus, "Life". .1 John 1:1

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation......Col. I:15---- " He--Jesus", was in the beginning with God.… John I

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is: the Word of God.....the Word was God....The Word became flesh----and made his dwelling among us.

The Son is the image of the invisible God. Because God is Spirit, and cannot be seen by human eye's.

Thus, God became flesh to make HIS love know,to defeat death-sin, to show us how to live --defeat our sins through HIS forgiveness and repentance, and now we have access to GOD again, our relationship restored, not quite complete, through the HOLY SPIRIT of God.

Thus, Jesus is God. Not pre-existing God. Nor God pre-existing Jesus. As God-Jesus are the same. The Scripture validates this.

I know this maybe a little much for some to get wrapped around. it is so surreal. But that is our Holy God. Surreal.

Hope this helps.

The son that laid the foundation of the Universe is a SPIRIT, not a man. Jesus was born a man into the world created by the spiritual son of the most high God. You do not understand that traditional doctrine on who the son is in error. Jesus was born, Christ was SENT. In other words, Christ came down to us to become flesh. At his baptism, Jesus was anointed with this spirit, it was at that time God declared that this was his son. God joined his flesh son with his spiritual son. Read Heb 10:5, Christ needed a body prepared for him, why, because he was spirit like his creator. Man was created on the image of God, but Christ was created in the EXPRESS image of God. Huge difference friend.

keypurr

Gods spoken-written words say other wise. I prefer the translation given. It leaves no doubt.

No it really does not. Man has twisted what is written to fit their traditions that were formulated by church fathers that thought the world was flat. I do not request that you take my word for what I post, I just want you to study it for yourself. There are many doubts is the churches traditions friend. I spent many years sitting and soaking in the church. But I did not feel God there.

Scripture is my only authority for my thoughts. I have read many books over the years. I have heard many opinions, but it is scripture that I see as truth. But even scripture has been tampered with by folks who translated their ideas into their work in translating the earliest ms in to our English Bibles.

rougueone

No it really does not. Man has twisted what is written to fit their traditions that were formulated by church fathers that thought the world was flat. I do not request that you take my word for what I post, I just want you to study it for yourself. There are many doubts is the churches traditions friend. I spent many years sitting and soaking in the church. But I did not feel God there.

Scripture is my only authority for my thoughts. I have read many books over the years. I have heard many opinions, but it is scripture that I see as truth. But even scripture has been tampered with by folks who translated their ideas into their work in translating the earliest ms in to our English Bibles.

I understand. people today would put a twist on a " Bible" even if it was hand written by God in front of them. We see this frequently. Thanks for your heartfelt response Keypurr.
Speaking of churches, I started a Thread you may have some insight on.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4311583#post4311583

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was born, Christ was SENT.

Christ was sent to be born as Jesus, the Savior of the world. It's through his blood we were reconciled to the Father.

Christ is a title for Israel's Messiah, the King, who is Jesus.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But even scripture has been tampered with by folks who translated their ideas into their work in translating the earliest ms in to our English Bibles.

Such as adding the word "express" to image in Hebrews 1:3.

King James fooled you, the Father's goal is to develop his and Jesus' character in us. Character is not created, it is developed over time by various tests and trials.

rainee

I do not want to make a mess but I just love talking about my theory.
Here it is.
The earthly works a certain way because it is pointing to or mirroring dimly a spiritual reality. WE cannot see spiritual things we are earthly - so earthly pictures are good for us as long as we realize they have limitations, right? Right! Glad you are going with me on that.

So human Babies in the womb - start the same but are actually very different when everything is going as planned. When going normally at a certain point in development little boy babies will have a sex bath (meaning male sex hormones are produced and flow to every portion of the baby.) Then male parts start to develop.

After birth a rather low level of male hormones are kept going -
Until a trigger causes the little boys to start becoming men. And then it is just
a mess from then on until they pass away ...
Ok, Kidding!!

Anyway The Lord Jesus is born of a woman. That makes Him human.
But he has not a human Father - That makes Him NOT.

Who does that remind you of?

Little babies who grow up to be men.
They have the X like all girls do or should when it is going routinely.
But they also have the Y instead of another X.

I think if you looked at Adam he is HH (Human made from dust, but with God's breath breathed into him. Similar to my being XX .)

The Lord is not.

keypurr

Christ was sent to be born as Jesus, the Savior of the world. It's through his blood we were reconciled to the Father.

Christ is a title for Israel's Messiah, the King, who is Jesus.

I do not believe that Christ was sent to be born.
Jesus was not the Christ when Mary gave birth to him.
Christ is a spirit that needed a body.

Jesus was born the Saviour, not the Christ. That came later at his anointing.
Jesus had blood to shed, Christ did not until he took the form of man.

Christ came down from heaven, Jesus did not.
Christ spoke through Jesus and existed before the world, Jesus was born in Bethlehem just was scripture tells you.

Ever ask why Jesus, who was sinless, needed to be baptized? Was not baptism for the remission of sin? He needed to be anointed with the spiritual son, Christ. Christ is a form of God, Christ needed to become a man. The son at the creation was not the son born to Mary, it is the son that God made in his exact image and was pleased that it had his fullness. This is the logos in John 1, not Jesus. Jesus was born flesh, he did not become flesh. Christ was created as a spirit and became flesh. Christ is a god, Jesus a man.

Christ is both a title and a name jamie. You must use more than one translation to see what my thoughts are. The KJV just does not tell all about our Lord and his God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was born the Saviour, not the Christ.

Jesus was born the King, the Messiah. The word "Christ" comes from the Greek christos which is translated into English as Christ and is the equivalent of Messiah, the anointed king.

Jesus was born as the Christ, the King, the Messiah and he received kingly gifts.

Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.” (Matthew 2:1-2 NKJV)​

Cross Reference

Jesus was born the King, the Messiah. The word "Christ" comes from the Greek christos which is translated into English as Christ and is the equivalent of Messiah, the anointed king.

Jesus was born as the Christ, the King, the Messiah and he received kingly gifts.

Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.” (Matthew 2:1-2 NKJV)​

Don't you find it interesting that though Jesus was born the King, He still had to be proven?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't you find it interesting that though Jesus was born the King, He still had to be proven?

Yes, Jesus had to build character to be like God, he had to learn obedience.

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him. (Hebrews 5:8-9 KJV)​

Jesus became perfect (complete) through trials just as we do.

Cross Reference

Yes, Jesus had to build character to be like God, he had to learn obedience.

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him. (Hebrews 5:8-9 KJV)​

Jesus became perfect (complete) through trials just as we do.

But without what He did on the cross coupled with the new birth, we wouldn't succeed, would we?

keypurr

King of the Jews does not mean Christ.
Christ means anointed.
Christ is also recorded as the exact image of God.
There was a son of God before there was a Jesus.
Folks are not taught about IT in church. It upsets their applecart too much.

Jesus received the POWER at his anointing. That power is the spirit Christ. Christ took the form of man. Christ is a form of God for he was given the fullness of the Father. When God joined his spiritual son with his flesh son he declared that this was his son.

Jesus was not born with the power to create the Universe, he was born to be the Lamb of God and destroy the works of Satan. He had to grow in wisdom like everyone else. Then he was given the power and wisdom of the Father.