Would you break the law to save a loved one?

• Total voters

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Cast your vote and leave a comment.

The question is too vague so I cannot answer.

BUT: If the question were, would I drag my kid to a foreign country and illegally sneak in because I don't like my country, the answer would be NO: Only an idiot moron would do that

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Oh, this is such a fun question!!

Would I rob a bank to afford a life saving surgery?

Would I sneak them into a foreign country to get medical care?

Would I take up arms against my own government to prevent my loved ones from being sent to internment camps?

Would I assault a bully to stop behavior that could lead to a child commuting suicide?

I answered yes because there are some laws that I would break.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh, this is such a fun question!!

Would I rob a bank to afford a life saving surgery?

Would I sneak them into a foreign country to get medical care?

Would I take up arms against my own government to prevent my loved ones from being sent to internment camps?

Would I assault a bully to stop behavior that could lead to a child commuting suicide?

I answered yes because there are some laws that I would break.

You don't know.
You are against God.
You want to do the right thing.
Maybe the precedent of saving a life would as a concept be a good guide, but then you need obedience after you are convinced. God's Law is good. You don't understand or you promote creative thinking. Art and morals are different. Obedience to God's Commandments is of a different class not being immoral.
What is the right thing to do? To obey God.

Then it's not about morals, but obedience. Not performance based action.

Hopefully this clears up for you and your readers.

What do you see here?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
You don't know.
You are against God.
You want to do the right thing.
Maybe the precedent of saving a life would as a concept be a good guide, but then you need obedience after you are convinced. God's Law is good. You don't understand or you promote creative thinking. Art and morals are different. Obedience to God's Commandments is of a different class not being immoral.
What is the right thing to do? To obey God.

Then it's not about morals, but obedience. Not performance based action.

Hopefully this clears up for you and your readers.

What do you see here?
Thank you for adding absolutely nothing.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
was it a silent chopper?

'cause when they're in the air up here i can hear them a couple of miles away
Here's the thing though, because of the low frequency of the sound of the rotor airfoils, it's harder to pinpoint the location of helicopters.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Here's the thing though, because of the low frequency of the sound of the rotor airfoils, it's harder to pinpoint the location of helicopters.

i live in a very flat area - 180 degrees in front of me is flat water for a mile, with mostly flat farmland for miles and miles

pretty much the same behind me

and sound carries a long way up here - i can hear the trains on the Canadian mainland with my doors closed and the place shut up tight - that's several miles away, across land and water

Aimiel

I would do most anything to save anyone's life, a loved one or a stranger. If they were in imminent danger I'd do it without thinking, again: most anything to prevent their harm, including putting my own life at risk by confronting or attacking their attacker. It isn't the object of the law to prevent good but rather to be a guideline for men to not only be good but to be violated when necessary to keep the life, liberty or pursuit of happiness of every American (or visitor to our great country). We don't hesitate to protect our own children and those in need are just as much in our charge as our own children: if we can do something to protect them we need to do it. That's what good Samaritan's are: protectors of strangers and not just loved ones. Christians ought to be even better than the Good Samaritan in the proverb, we ought to be about praying for everyone on the earth, anyone in any office of authority first, such that every man might live in peace and worship God in whatever way he deems fit. It's our duty to be like Jesus, Who 'ever liveth to make intercession for the saints.' We need to not only intervene in tight situations and try to help the victims but we also need to pray for the soul of the criminal (sorry: suspect) that perpetrated the crime (allegedly). Being selfish or spiteful has no place in a Christian's life.