You have been removed from this thread

Lon

Common regular God fearing Americans are a "fringe group"?

And Christians "talking and not posturing"?

Really, Lon. Don't stoop to Anna's level, please.

I'm not seeing any Christians "posturing", nor are we a "fringe group".

Sorry. Didn't mean it that way at all. Rather I was meaning you guys are often 'treated' those ways. "Treated like a fringe group." I've seen some unfair dialogue sent your (MAD) way that would have set my teeth is all I've meant here.

glorydaz

Sorry. Didn't mean it that way at all. Rather I was meaning you guys are often 'treated' those ways. "Treated like a fringe group." I've seen some unfair dialogue sent your (MAD) way that would have set my teeth is all I've meant here.

I figured it was, but I don't think you made it clear. You seemed to be directing the "posturing" at Musty etal. If you're not careful you feed the sharks. :)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The top 30 regular posters:

1 Tambora
2 glorydaz
3 Grosnick Marowbe
4 SaulToPaul
5 steko
6 musterion
7 Angel4Truth
8 Right Divider
9 patrick jane
10 Lighthouse
11 theophilus
12 john w
13 Sherman
14 Nick M
15 heir
16 Stripe
17 Jerry Shugart
18 annabenedetti
19 Town Heretic
20 Ktoyou
21 Arthur Brain
22 JudgeRightly
23 Clete
24 Lon
25 ok doser
26 Rusha
27 Bright Raven
28 6days
29 Ask Mr. Religion
30 Danoh

Granted, some are no longer active (banned, or whatever), but it is still a good number of participants that account for over half of the total number of posts over an extended period of time.

We probably need to resurrect a Topic of the Day type of forum to stimulate more participation rather than just awaiting someone to start new discussions. I have been here for many years but have not started more than 45 threads in all that time. Some just prefer to respond to threads versus creating threads. Then again, some miscreants think starting threads is a badge of honor, no matter how superficial or redundant. A balance is needed.

And, as has been noted by sister Tambora, there is a regular ebb and flow in any discussion site depending upon the day-to-day real lives of its participants.

I am just not a very good thread starter, never have been.

It is better to boot someone from a thread for marginalizing the discussion rather then handing out a ban. There have been fewer bans since V-bulletin rolled out this tool.

Danoh

No need, your words on that the first time you posted on that made it crystal clear that that was exactly what you'd meant.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Reactions: Lon

Danoh

I am just not a very good thread starter, never have been.

It is better to boot someone from a thread for marginalizing the discussion rather then handing out a ban. There have been fewer bans since V-bulletin rolled out this tool.

Just start writing and the rest will build from there.

That's part of how the writing process works when it is not forthcoming - just start it with any phrase you then force yourself to build on.

Writers use that whenever they get stuck.

Case in point, the thought process behind how I arrived at my above words on this to you just now:

'Let's see...I'm almost certain I might have something to share with Sherman about that that might help her regarding what she said here...hmmm, where to start - o wait a minute - I 've experienced those kinds of moments, myself - and I've also noticed it in other writer's descriptions: of such moments, and how they get themselves unstuck, and or going again - got it, think I know what to share with her about this - Just start writing and...'

Anyway, hope that helps.

Danoh

Boot him!

:noid:

You seriously need to get yourself some spiritual counseling for this clearly deeply entrenched, reflex animosity of yours - just look at how it clouds your ability to soundly discern what's what.

For my post to Sherman was in the spirit of...

Luke 10:37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

It is high time you walk by faith in what you claim to believe - you're long over due.

Romans 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

And what walk by faith focus will allow that, no matter whom, or what they might do to us, as well as no matter what they might not do for us?

12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

glorydaz

No need, your words on that the first time you posted on that made it crystal clear that that was exactly what you'd meant.

No, it was not clear....which is why Lon was kind enough to clarify. Try to just shut your mouth on occasion instead of being the "man of the hour" here on TOL. You just don't fit the "man" part, and should stop with the attempts. :baby:

glorydaz

Just start writing and the rest will build from there.

That's part of how the writing process works when it is not forthcoming - just start it with any phrase you then force yourself to build on.

Writers use that whenever they get stuck.

Case in point, the thought process behind how I arrived at my above words on this to you just now:

'Let's see...I'm almost certain I might have something to share with Sherman about that that might help her regarding what she said here...hmmm, where to start - o wait a minute - I 've experienced those kinds of moments, myself - and I've also noticed it in other writer's descriptions: of such moments, and how they get themselves unstuck, and or going again - got it, think I know what to share with her about this - Just start writing and...'

Anyway, hope that helps.

If everybody did what you do, Danoh, we'd all be throwing up and jumping ship. YOU will never be the "man of the hour". :rolleyes:

There. See how I started that?

Danoh

No, it was not clear....which is why Lon was kind enough to clarify. Try to just shut your mouth on occasion instead of being the "man of the hour" here on TOL. You just don't fit the "man" part, and should stop with the attempts. :baby:

Must be why I rightly discerned EXACTLY the meaning he'd meant.

You are just jelous.

Again...

:rotfl:

glorydaz

Must be why I rightly discerned EXACTLY the meaning he'd meant.

You are just jelous.

Again...

:rotfl:

No, you missed what I addressed, and you can't admit it.

But, pound your chest if you like. :DK:

Jealousy is your cross to bear....not mine. (Stick an A in there next time.)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm all for spirited debate; HONEST debate. Honest debate with dishonest and duplicitous people like yourself is impossible and a waste of bandwidth.
If you have the truth and advance the truth speaking it is never a waste of time. As for your charge aimed at Rusha, you're at best mistaken. Most of the atheists I've debated and differed with over the years here have been largely civil and honest in difference. As a result our differences/arguments have been largely confined to the subject matter. By contrast, the lower and more routinely duplicitous comments I've read around here over the years have been written by people professing a faith in Christ.

Of course, Christians are only people, and can miss the mark as readily as anyone, so it would be unfair of me to allow those failures to influence my opinion of our shared faith. And I understand that TOL is not a microcosm of religious life or the adherents to it, but rather is a microcosm of extremists within the parameters of faith, as it tends to be in relation to the political here. Extremists tend to be rationally skewed and emotionally charged, so finding that marriage in a number of people drawn to this sort of board is no real shock.

Really, it's more shocking that so many here aren't.