Your Mount Rushmores (Sports, Music, Politics, etc.)

Jerry Shugart

A little older than his teeth. :)

Golfers...ranked by tour victories it would look like this:

Jack
Tiger
Jones
Hogan

But I'd put Palmer in the fourth spot.

I think that Slammin' Sam Snead had more tour victories than anyone but yet I can only list him as Honorable Mention. Along with Ben Hogan and Byron Nelson. It is difficult to have to leave either of them out of the top four. After all, Nelson won something like eleven straight victories on the tour one year. That is one sport's record that will never be tied or broken and you can take that to the bank!

Jerry Shugart

I watched Jack Nicklaus when I was growing up and then later watched Tiger. I think that Tiger was the better golfer between the two.

I really don't know much about women golfers but I saw a list which put Patty Berg as the 8th best player of all time.

The Berean

My Mt. Rushmore of Comedy:

George Carlin: the Jabbar of comedy, golden for a very long time. A dry, hard look at the society and as likely to gore any ox.

Richard Pyror: in his heyday, no one was funnier. I'm still laughing over the bit he did about the German shepherds and the dead monkey.

John Cleese: it doesn't get any more absurd or insightful than John. The best part of Python and humor across the pond.

Groucho: got the smart end of things rolling. Much of his work is still on point and wickedly funny generations after the fact.

Hon. Men.: too many.
No Charlie Chaplin? Buster Keaton? Laurel and Hardy? Jerry Lewis? Lucille Ball?

Sent from my SM-G920V using TOL mobile app

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My Mount Rushmore of singer songwriters. People whose work would go with me to an island.

Waits
Dylan
Lovett
Wonder

I know what you're thinking...how did Taylor Swift not make this list? And honestly, I don't know. Maybe next week.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
My Mount Rushmore of singer songwriters. People whose work would go with me to an island.

Waits
Dylan
Lovett
Wonder

I know what you're thinking...how did Taylor Swift not make this list? And honestly, I don't know. Maybe next week.

Bing Crosby
Frank Sinatra
Dean Martin
Nat King Cole
Tony Bennett

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I assume you mean Joe Louis or is that Lennox Lewis?
:plain: Though Lennox was one of the better heavyweights, if not particularly exciting to watch.

No Jack Johnson?
Close, but no. I think he gets edged. Would he, with modern training, beat one or two on the Mt.? Possibly.

Larry Holmes?
Sometimes underrated because he was Ali's sparring partner and a pretty crude fellow. The fastest jab of any heavyweight excluding Ali and maybe Lewis, from what I hear. But not on Rushmore. I'd take Frasier over Holmes and Fraiser didn't make it either.

Wladimir Klitchko?
My least favorite Rocky film. :plain: :eek:

No, those are my guys. Joe for boxing. Ali for his Elvis move from Joe like to the slower but smarter fighter after Frasier altered something in his physique. Foreman because if it wasn't for Ali I think he'd have broken everyone on his wheel. Marciano gets overlooked, I think, largely due to an odd sort of prejudice. I'd be inclined to let him fight Dempsey and go with the winner. I should probably put Johnson over either of them. :think:

Man...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Modern presidents, unqualified:

Trump
Geo. W. Bush
Wm. Jefferson Clinton
Ronald Reagan

The bottom two I understand. I like the guy you pick second, but not as president. The top pick just doesn't begin to make sense to me. I'd put him with Carter so far and I don't see how he makes a second term or course corrects without the sort of changes I can't see him making because of who and how he is.

Jerry Shugart

Mt. Rushmore of crappy modern presidents...

Trump
Carter
Nixon
Hoover

You forgot LBJ, who managed to have JFK assassinated so that he could realize his life-time desire to be POTUS!

And then to pay off those who helped him in his evil deed (the Industrial-Military Complex) he sent millions of America's best to Vietnam and thousands of then died for no reason.

What a slimeball!