Your Mount Rushmores (Sports, Music, Politics, etc.)

Jerry Shugart

Modern presidents, unqualified:

Trump
Geo. W. Bush
Wm. Jefferson Clinton
Ronald Reagan

Obama was highly qualified, wasn't he? After all, what other kind of experience is more valuable for preparing a President than being a Community Organizer?

Perhaps you are not aware that Reagan was Governor of California for eight years before he became POTUS?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You forgot LBJ, who managed to have JFK assassinated so that he could realize his life-time desire to be POTUS!
:chuckle: No way you believe that, but a few points that conflict me about LBJ...

And then to pay off those who helped him in his evil deed (the Industrial-Military Complex) he sent millions of America's best to Vietnam and thousands of then died for no reason.
They died because he was a hawk who bought into the domino theory, which once again failed to produce the disaster it promised after our failure on the point.

What a slimeball!
Johnson is an interesting case. Corruption in his neck of the political woods was almost a sport, an institution of life, as it was in Chicago. And yet, he did more for the Civil Rights movement than the man he replaced, maybe more than his predecessor would have, and you can make the argument that somewhere in the process he became a greater president than anyone had any right to expect in that regard, his lamentable belief in the previous theory notwithstanding (a theory conservatives still run with on any number of topics).

Jerry Shugart

:chuckle: No way you believe that...

The facts prove that Kennedy was killed with a shot to his head FROM THE FRONT!

All the doctors and nurses who first saw Kennedy at Parkland Hospital in Dallas described an exit wound in the back of his head, meaning the shot came from the front. Clint Hill, the Secret Service agent who was in the back seat with Kennedy after he was shot on the way to the hospital also described an exit wound in the back of the head.

http://www.paulseaton.com/jfk/boh/parkland_boh/parkland_wound.htm

Then after Kennedy died the body was illegally removed from Dallas and taken to a military hospital and you can guess who has the final authority there! Then all of a sudden the fatal shot did not come from the front but instead from the back. Only LBJ had the authority and the power to effect such a change.

It is obvious who was behind the assassination of JFK. At the time of the assassination LBJ was seeped in scandal (see Bobby Baker and Billie Sol Estes) and he was about to dropped from the ticket and was headed for prison.

https://nostalgia049.wordpress.com/2013/09/25/lbjs-options-assassinate-jfk-or-go-to-prison/

If you actually believe the report of the Warren Commission then I have a bridge that you might be interesting in buying in Brooklyn.

JFK was going to pull the advisers out of Vietnam but after the assassination LBJ ordered half a million soldiers into battle there. Of course that was a payback to those who helped assassinate JFK, disgruntled ex-CIA operatives who had lost their jobs because of the Bay of Pigs. And at the top of the heap was Alan Dulles, who had been fired as head of the CIA by JFK. And then Dulles was appointed to the Warren Commission.

In the end, LBJ was directly responsible for the death of 50,000 soldiers who died in Vietnam. LBJ was the biggest slime ball of all the American Presidents by a country mile.

And yet, he did more for the Civil Rights movement than the man he replaced, maybe more than his predecessor would have, and you can make the argument that somewhere in the process he became a greater president than anyone had any right to expect in that regard, his lamentable belief in the previous theory notwithstanding (a theory conservatives still run with on any number of topics).

Are you not aware that LBJ was the ringleader of the Senate Democrats who did their very best to defeat Eisenhower's Civil Rights Act of 1957? If you will study your history you will find out that the Democrats did their very best to block equal rights for the blacks beginning after the Civil War. Woodrow Wilson was the biggest racist President in history. And it was the Democrats who put up all the Civil War memorials as a thumb in the eyes of both the blacks and the Republicans.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The facts prove that Kennedy was killed with a shot to his head FROM THE FRONT!
If you say so. Not sure it matters now. Who is going to be prosecuted? Any way you look at it, that's out of our hands.

It is obvious who was behind the assassination of JFK. At the time of the assassination LBJ was seeped in scandal (see Bobby Baker and Billie Sol Estes) and he was about to dropped from the ticket.
It's a long way from there to assassinating a sitting president. You'd be better off creating the fiction between Giancana and Kennedy. It goes like this, Giancano has a sweet spot for her. Kennedy realizes Monroe is unstable and has her killed and her diary of their affair taken. Giancana says, if we can kill a movie star in this country, we can kill a president. The end.

It's as plausible and more romantic.

Are you not aware that LBJ was the ringleader of the Senate Democrats who did their very best to defeat Eisenhower's Civil Rights Act of 1957?
And Truman once joined the Klan. But what is undeniable is that LBJ got the Civil Right's job done and put tremendous effort into it.

If you will study your history you will find out that the Democrats did their very best to block equal rights for the blacks beginning after the Civil War.
The South was a democratic bastion until the Republicans took up their cause and their traditional party abandoned them.

Woodrow Wilson was the biggest racist President in history.
One of. FDR had his problems too.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

If you say so. Not sure it matters now. Who is going to be prosecuted? Any way you look at it, that's out of our hands.

If we don't at least recognize the truth history might just repeat itself.

It's as plausible and more romantic.

Do you think that the witnesses at Parkland were all wrong concerning the location of the exit wound? And so was Clint Hill even though he was in the car with the body on the way to Parkland and he too described the exit would as being in the back of the head?

Do you think anyone besides LBJ had the authority and power to change the location of the exit wound at the military hospital? Of course the idea that the Mob killed JFK is not plausible!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If we don't at least recognize the truth history might just repeat itself.

Do you think that the witnesses at Parkland were all wrong concerning the location of the exit wound? And so was Clint Hill even though he was in the car with the body on the way to Parkland and he too described the exit would as being in the back of the head?

Do you think anyone besides LBJ had the authority and power to change the location of the exit wound at the military hospital? Of course the idea that the Mob killed JFK is not plausible!
I don't find any conspiracy theory plausible, but I think given the mob's anger over Cuba, and Monroe's connection to both Kennedy and Giancana, it's as possible as any.

Mt. Rushmore of Conspiracy theories:

JFK
Moon Landing as Hoax
New World Order

Jerry Shugart

I don't find any conspiracy theory plausible, but I think given the mob's anger over Cuba, and Monroe's connection to both Kennedy and Giancana, it's as possible as any.

Why do you just continue to ignore all the testimony of those who first saw the head wound at Parkland? And Clint Hill, the Secret Service agent who was in the car with Kennedy after he was shot?

Do you really think that anyone in the Mob would be able to alter the head wound at the military hospital?

You just can't face the fact that LBJ had JFK murdered and that he is responsible for all the soldiers who died in Vietnam! Do you not think that those soldiers deserve justice?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why do you just continue to ignore all the testimony of those who first saw the head wound at Parkland? And Clint Hill, the Secret Service agent who was in the car with Kennedy after he was shot?

Do you really think that anyone in the Mob would be able to alter the head wound at the military hospital?
Say that's true, it doesn't necessarily follow that the people who altered reports had anything to do with the wounds. It only follows that they wanted to make sure the American public didn't get the idea that some conspiracy had robbed them of their president. Any number of reasons for that having more to do with national stability in a time of instability than anything else.

You just can't face the fact that LBJ had JFK murdered
Yeah, I don't think there's really any reason to believe that and I don't even think your beliefs on the altered report necessarily points to that.

and that he is responsible for all the soldiers who died in Vietnam!
Kennedy got us in. After that, LBJ was, as I noted, much like a lot of people who have bought into the domino theory.

Do you not think that those soldiers deserve justice?
I don't believe that's what you're offering. I think you've run wild with an idea that makes sense to you.

Jerry Shugart

Say that's true, it doesn't necessarily follow that the people who altered reports had anything to do with the wounds.

So you think that the doctors at the military hospital just decided on their own to falsify the autopsy of JFK to make it look like a shot from the back when the shot actually came from the front?

Why would they do that?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So you think that the doctors at the military hospital just decided on their own to falsify the autopsy of JFK to make it look like a shot from the back when the shot actually came from the front?

Why would they do that?
You missed my point. Say, for the sake of argument, that you have that part right. It doesn't support more than an attempt to cover up what might inflame the public to no particular good in a time of increasing instability.

Time, I think, to move forward.

My Mt. Rushmore of Modern Science Fiction Authors

Asimov
Heinlein
Bradbury
Butler

Hon. Men.: Dick, Le Guin, Vonnegut, Herbert, Clarke, Pohl, Norton

Jerry Shugart

Say, for the sake of argument, that you have that part right. It doesn't support more than an attempt to cover up what might inflame the public to no particular good in a time of increasing instability.

In what way might trying to cover up a conspiracy to assassinate JFK do that? In what way would it benefit anyone to change the location of the head wound unless it was done by those who were responsible in order to hide the fact that it was a conspiracy?

You so easily dismiss the overthrow of the democratic process in the USA in order to run and hide from the obvious fact that it was LBJ who was responsible for the death of JFK.

Are you willing to overlook LBJ's ties to the man whose fingerprints were found in the sniper's nest in the book depository, Malcolm Mac Wallace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdF64wI-3Fg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In what way might trying to cover up a conspiracy to assassinate JFK do that? In what way would it benefit anyone to change the location of the head wound unless it was done by those who were responsible in order to hide the fact that it was a conspiracy?
Jerry, I answered that...I get you're passionate. I think you get I'm not having any. Let's get back to Rushmore. If you feel this strongly about it you should (and I mean it) start a thread on the topic and really get into it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jerry, I answered that...I get you're passionate. I think you get I'm not having any. Let's get back to Rushmore. If you feel this strongly about it you should (and I mean it) start a thread on the topic and really get into it.
I started a JFK Assassination thread