Your Mount Rushmores (Sports, Music, Politics, etc.)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Mount Rushmore of...NBA by position.

PG
Magic
Stockton
Oscar Robertson
Chris Paul

SG
Jordan
Bryant
West
Wade

SF
James
Bird
Erving
Pippen

Knocking on Pippen's door: KD

PF
Duncan
Barkley
Malone
Nowitski

Close behind: KG, McHale

C
Chamberlain
Russell
Jabbar
Olajuwan

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A different spin on movie stars. I'm going to try to group the Mt. Rushmore of Actors by decade, starting with the 30s and the dawn of the Golden Age of Hollywood. I'll try the ladies later.

30s: Gable, Cooper, Grant, Powell

40s: Bogart, Stewart, Fonda, Grant

50s: Wayne, Grant, Brando, Stewart

60s: Newman, Peck, O'Toole, Lancaster

70s: Redford, Nicholson, Pacino, DeNiro

80s: Ford, Murphy, Costner, Cruise

90s: Hanks, Willis, Gibson, Ford, Washington

2000-09: Crowe, Cruise, Pitt, Damon

2010-present: DiCaprio...CG? Gosling is up and coming...who else? Hardy? :idunno: It's a largely comic book universe over the last eight.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
90s: Hanks, Willis, Gibson, Ford, Washington

Is Washington tied with one of the other four?

2010-present: DiCaprio...CG? Gosling is up and coming...who else? Hardy? :idunno: It's a largely comic book universe over the last eight.

In earlier eras: Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, James Earl Jones, Denzel Washington.

2010-present:

Daniel Kaluuya, Idris Elba, Chadwick Boseman, Mahershala Ali

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Is Washington tied with one of the other four?
Yeah, his heyday for volume and Gibson's were pretty close. I couldn't reasonably separate them.

Most movies stars have at least 3 great films. Movies that were both popular and critically well received. Some, like Gable, get by on less. He had two great movies and a lot of really good ones, but the two covered range (comedy in It Happened One Night and drama in Gone With the Wind) and the latter being one of the more important films made, whatever the approach to the underlying nonsense.

In earlier eras: Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, James Earl Jones, Denzel Washington.
Like Duval and a couple of others, great actors, but in supporting roles. Never dominant leads, outside of Denzel.

A lot of greats just missed the cut like Cagney, Tracy, Heston, Poitier, etc.