Absolute Divine Immutability: Does Anyone Really Believe It?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

6days

The rude awakening will come to those who trust in their own "righteousness" instead of the Lord Jesus Christ and His free gift of salvation.

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

Yes... "So called" Christians may be exactly that.

GuySmiley

A perfect stream would constantly change, yet remain a perfect stream. A perfect seed would grow into a perfect tree, forever changing, but it was still a perfect seed.

Change doesn't imply change for the worse.

glorydaz

Still can't sin. Sorry.

I misspoke. You must do your very best to not sin. For those whom have actually been saved can still fall by there mislead self righteousness, as opposed to following the teachings of Christ.

Newsflash. Your "very best" ain't good enough. There is a gift....you should look into it.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.​

popsthebuilder

Newsflash. Your "very best" ain't good enough. There is a gift....you should look into it.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.​
Did you catch that first part? To know of God and to follow God are two different things.

glorydaz

Still can't sin. Sorry.

I misspoke. You must do your very best to not sin. For those whom have actually been saved can still fall by there mislead self righteousness, as opposed to following the teachings of Christ.

Did you catch that first part? To know of God and to follow God are two different things.

Way to avoid the question though.

Is there some question in there? Did I catch that first part? What that you're sorry we can't sin or we have to do our very best to not sin? How about the fact that we are not under the law but under grace and sin is not accounted to us but the righteousness of God is when we believe the gospel? It seems to me like it's you that is avoiding the fact that Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness for all who believe, and you are still giving yourself room to boast in your own efforts. :think:

popsthebuilder

Is there some question in there? Did I catch that first part? What that you're sorry we can't sin or we have to do our very best to not sin? How about the fact that we are not under the law but under grace and sin is not accounted to us but the righteousness of God is when we believe the gospel? It seems to me like it's you that is avoiding the fact that Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness for all who believe, and you are still giving yourself room to boast in your own efforts. :think:
Pretty sure Jesus said something along the lines of he wasn't there to abolish the law but to enforce it. And no I was referring to the first part of the verse you posted, you know that.

popsthebuilder

1. And in those days shall have ascended the prayer of the righteous,
And the blood of the righteous from the earth before the Lord of Spirits.
2. In those days the holy ones who dwell above in the heavens
Shall unite with one voice
And supplicate and pray*[and praise,
And give thanks and bless the name of the Lord of Spirits]
On behalf of the blood of the righteous which has been shed,
And that the prayer of the righteous may not be in vain before the Lord of Spirits,
That judgement may be done unto them,
And that they may not have to suffer for ever.
3. In those days I saw the Head of Days when He seated himself upon the throne of His glory,
And the books of the living were opened before Him:
And all His host which is in heaven above and His counselors stood before Him,
4 And the hearts of the holy were filled with joy;
Because the number of the righteous*had been offered,
And the prayer of the righteous had been heard,
And the blood of the righteous been required before the Lord of Spirits.

From the book of Enoch.

Was just reading and thought it was somewhat relavent.

glorydaz

Jesus of Nazareth was preordained by God he was of God, yet was man and not technically God until he returned to God upon his reserectuon. He stated over and over that he was subsidiary to God. There is a second coming of Crist as is prophesied, however, Crist is of God and again not equivilant to God because of the flesh.

I know we are disrupting this thread...so back to your denial of Jesus being God with us.

To bad I never said that.

Really? :think:

Not "technically God" and "not equivalant to God" and was a "subsidiary to God" sure sounds like a denial that Jesus was God with us (Immanuel). Matt. 1:23

Clearly, Clete recognized what I do....which does fit into this thread about God "changing". He became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14

glorydaz

Pretty sure Jesus said something along the lines of he wasn't there to abolish the law but to enforce it. And no I was referring to the first part of the verse you posted, you know that.

Please don't try to tell me what I know. I have a hard enough time trying to figure out what you're saying without you making some stupid claim about what I know. :nono:

popsthebuilder

Really? :think:

Not "technically God" and "not equivalant to God" and was a "subsidiary to God" sure sounds like a denial that Jesus was God with us (Immanuel). Matt. 1:23

Clearly, Clete recognized what I do....which does fit into this thread about God "changing". He became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14
Yes the son of God was on earth. Pretty sure we all know that.

popsthebuilder

Please don't try to tell me what I know. I have a hard enough time trying to figure out what you're saying without you making some stupid claim about what I know. :nono:
It's pretty obvious that you are avoiding the hard questions. And yes you know that. Get over it. Or you could answer it.

glorydaz

Something along the lines....? The law finds the whole world guilty. So you'd best stop trusting in your obedience.

Romans 3:19
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

glorydaz

It's pretty obvious that you are avoiding the hard questions. And yes you know that. Get over it. Or you could answer it.

:mock: popsthebuilder

I haven't seen a hard question from you yet, pops, but I can assure you I'm not avoiding anything. If you have a question, state it plainly instead of beating around the bush.