ARCHVE: Attention all sick pro-aborts

Eireann

Nice commercial. Cute commercial. Sweet commercial. Had absolutely zero to do with abortion. Pro-lifers, you're getting desperate, and it's showing. What were you hoping to accomplish? To get pro-choicers to see how beautiful life is? Did it ever occur to you that we already know? Have any of you even made the slightest attempt to understand that "pro-choice" is not "pro-abortion?" Well, let me answer that for you -- NO, you haven't! But that's how you operate, isn't it ... invent an enemy, paint them as evil, ignore the truth about them. Common. Still pathetic.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Eireann
But that's how you operate, isn't it ... invent an enemy, paint them as evil, ignore the truth about them. Common. Still pathetic.
Paint them as evil? Anyone who would kill that baby in that commercial for any reason is evil.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Elena Marie
Just an aside--A piece I composed on this topic for an advanced writing course may be viewed here

Excellent article Elena. I'm thinking of printing it out and giving it to my pastor.

Eireann

Originally posted by Jefferson

Paint them as evil? Anyone who would kill that baby in that commercial for any reason is evil.
I'm talking about people who are pro-choice, not people who are pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice, and I'm very anti-abortion. Like Evan, the only instance in which I could support a decision to abort a child is in the event that the mother's life is unquestionably in danger. In such a case, a decision would have to be made, and that decision would inevitably leave someone dead. Fortunately, that situtation is exceedingly rare! In any other case, I am opposed to abortion. There are other alternatives -- adoption, etc.

But what I was going on about was the way so many pro-lifers automatically label anyone who is pro-choice as "pro-abortion" then refuse to listen when anyone tries to explain the difference. The fact is, most pro-choicers that I've met -- and most people I know are pro-choice -- are nearly as vehemently opposed to abortion as I am.

C

cirisme

Pro-choice usually means that the mother gets to choose anytime. The situation you describe isn't exactly where you get to "choose."

:rolleyes:

Eireann

I'm speaking of a situation in which the mother is alert and aware of the consequences to her health of having the baby, in which she is capable of making the decision herself. If the mother is incapacitated and the decision must be made by someone else, it's a whole different ballpark.

P

Pilgrimagain

Hereis a statistic I have heard and which I have not seen anyone refute. less than 2% of abortions are performed for health issues or rape. Is that an accurate statistic?

P

Pilgrimagain

If that's the case, then why are the arguments so complicated. Almost everyone I know, on both sides of the debate will stipulate that abortion for convenience or as birth control is wrong. With 98% of all abortions being for just those reasons, why is their any argument at all?

C

cirisme

Because abortion clinics are making a killing, pun not intended, off of abortions. Especially partial birth abortions.

They fear that if they give even an inch, by even decalring an unborn baby a human, they will lose their pot of gold.

Eireann

Originally posted by cirisme
Because abortion clinics are making a killing, pun not intended, off of abortions. Especially partial birth abortions.

They fear that if they give even an inch, by even decalring an unborn baby a human, they will lose their pot of gold.
That, unfortunately, is all too true. What should be a last resort emergency procedure has become an industry.

Eireann

Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
Hereis a statistic I have heard and which I have not seen anyone refute. less than 2% of abortions are performed for health issues or rape. Is that an accurate statistic?
That sounds pretty accurate to me. Personally, I won't even support rape abortions. There isn't evidence that I'm aware of that says rape tendencies are hereditary. So there's no reason to abort the child because of a fear that it will be like it's father. Nor is not wanting the child because it's a rape baby a very good reason, either -- there's always adoption.

C

cirisme

Eireann,
I always thought you were pro-choice in any situation. I'm glad you're not, you just moved up a notch in my eyes. :thumb:

God bless,
-AJ :angel:

firechyld

Pro-choice usually means that the mother gets to choose anytime. The situation you describe isn't exactly where you get to "choose."

Hrmmm... but "pro-life" tends to mean no abortion, ever, under any circumstances, no matter what, and everyone else has to be pro-life too or they're labelled baby killers. :(

firechyld

Axacta

BANNED
Banned
>Hrmmm... but "pro-life" tends to mean no abortion, ever, under any circumstances, no matter what, and everyone else has to be pro-life too or they're labelled baby killers.<

And your point is...

firechyld

That that isn't the only definition, just as there isn't only one definition for pro-life. They're all just labels, which tend to not be completely accurate all of the time.