Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

Ya know it's really frustrating sometimes when you ask people seemingly simple questions and you get no response or some long drawn out response that isn't much more than pure obfuscation.

I always try to answer questions asked of me with simple direct answers.

After all... can't you answer the question directly and then go on to provide further explanation if you feel the answer warrants it? Shouldn't a sound world-view and theology be afraid of no question?

Therefore I give you....

ASK KNIGHT! :knight:

Ask me anyhting you want and I promise to give you a short direct answer.

No *topic is "off limits". The openess of God, dispensationalism, conservativism, hockey, whatever!!!

Ask away.... and get the answers you are seeking. :D

*topics that are are inappropriate for TOL are inappropriate for "Ask Knight" as well.

P.S. I will do my best to answer your question in a timely manner. :)

KNIGHT:

How can I get my membership payment to you if I don’t have Pay Pal? -- I am extremely ignorant in these things. – Thank You.

Paul / Letsargue – 071511

I can't find anything anywhere that lets me know how to get my membership upgraded without PAYPAL.

Is there anyone out there? -- PLEASE!

Paul -- 071611

Last edited:

Samstarrett

KNIGHT:

How can I get my membership payment to you if I don’t have Pay Pal? -- I am extremely ignorant in these things. – Thank You.

Paul / Letsargue – 071511

You don't need to have PayPal. There's a "guest" option. It's what I use and you just enter your info there. No registration required.

Letsargue

You don't need to have PayPal. There's a "guest" option. It's what I use and you just enter your info there. No registration required.

Thank You, I'll go and look for the "Guest" Option.

Paul -- 071511

I looked and didn't find "Guest" Option.

Now what, what?

Paul -- 071611

HELLO! -- HELLO! - Anyone home?

Paul / Letsargue -- 071811

Last edited:

eameece

So Knight, why can some people embed a video and I can't? Is there a hidden secret?

So I see there's a new thread with that info. It wasn't in the instructions under FAQ though.

some other dude

Pay very close attention.

Go to the bottom of the page (actually, up just a bit from the bottom)

Click on the "Go Advanced" box

Scroll down to the "Reply To Thread" section

Click on the "YouTube" icon from the tool bar that starts "B""I""U"...

In the popup box "Explorer User Prompt", type your title

Click "ok"

You will see this line of text (I'm putting a space between the YT so the text displays): [Y T="you're an idiot"][/Y T]

Between the brackets, paste the youtube url you have cut from the vid that amuses your idiotic self.

It should look like this (I'm putting a space between the YT code so the text displays): [Y T="you're an idiot"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7LrViaPq7M[/Y T]

Now this is the part that stumps most people. In the url you just imbedded, find the first occurence of "v="

In this case, I've highlit it below in red:

[Y T="you're an idiot"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7LrViaPq7M[/Y T]

Using backspace or delete, back off the v= and all the text of the url before it

I've highlit in lime what you should back off:

[Y T="you're an idiot"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7LrViaPq7M[/Y T]

Hit "Submit Reply"

Thank me later. :)

you're an idiot

eameece

Well thank you, but I had already figured it out (see above). But I enjoyed the video that inspires YOU so much. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Could you add 5 Guys to my best burger poll? An accidental oversight on my part. Given it was part of the dispute that led to the poll (as between it and In and Out) it seems unfair to relegate it to write-in status.

:e4e:

Also, I inadvertently hit Burger King when I meant to check Backyard Burger...so...if it isn't too much trouble...:eek:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight,
I was groggy this morning and accidentally filled my bowl with Fruit Loops instead of Cheerio's. What should I do?

Thanks,
Randy

bybee

Knight,
I was groggy this morning and accidentally filled my bowl with Fruit Loops instead of Cheerio's. What should I do?

Thanks,
Randy

This could be serious. You might want to start playing and having fun. Just go with it! Have a good day Randy!

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This could be serious. You might want to start playing and having fun. Just go with it! Have a good day Randy!

It threw me for such a loop, I left the house and aimlessly wandered the neighborhood for 2 hours in my underwear.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
It threw me for such a loop, I left the house and aimlessly wandered the neighborhood for 2 hours in my underwear.

Don't worry in 30 years the neighbors (at the retirement home) will just look out their windows and comment on you having new underwear from WalMart, then there will be the one that is still aware enough to realize you went to WalMart for Cherio's, friends, what we would do without them?

Status
Not open for further replies.