Banned For "Intentional Blasphemy ?

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
I was banned for a few days for "Intentional blasphemy " . What the heck is that ? I meant no blasphemy . I was just disagreeing with the Christians here . Is this a crime ? I wasn't disrespectful to anyone , didn't call anyone names .
Recently, someone on this forum called me a nasty word for a gay person, even though I'm not even gay . As far as I can tell, this person was not banned for such blatant disrespect .
Of course, I'm not even offended or upset about being called this, just angered by the double standard .
I've been called a lot of nasty and stupid things on the internet by right-wingers, but I just shrug it off .

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I was banned for a few days for "Intentional blasphemy " . What the heck is that ? I meant no blasphemy . I was just disagreeing with the Christians here . Is this a crime ? I wasn't disrespectful to anyone , didn't call anyone names .
Recently, someone on this forum called me a nasty word for a gay person, even though I'm not even gay . As far as I can tell, this person was not banned for such blatant disrespect .
Of course, I'm not even offended or upset about being called this, just angered by the double standard .
I've been called a lot of nasty and stupid things on the internet by right-wingers, but I just shrug it off .
There are many infractions handed out that I do not understand. Unfortunately there is no appeal mechanism. :(

Lon

Bashing a person often gets a pass as long as it is within the confines of TOL rules and guidelines. Bashing God, or saying something offensive about him, is "intentional" and "blasphemy." Perhaps you weren't "intending" offense, but a mod has to use his/her resources to make that call. If we blaspheme the God of the universe, it can be done in ignorance, but it is often enough done with intent. Though the rule indeed is about what is intentioned, there are times that 'no blasphemy of any kind' is the house rule. We, as Christians, are already up to scrutiny which we can certainly stand (in varying degrees) but we don't want to have what is sacred profaned by uncaring sentiment. Don't know if any of this helps, but for whatever it is worth... here also is a thread that might shed further light -Lon

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Horn is a homo, so what is his problem?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I saw that ban, I think you said if this, then that. They banned you for the that. Possibly a harsh ban, just be careful and make clear that something is not what you believe

but folks say you're a homo

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
For the last time, I AM NOT gay . I've never had gay sex, nor do I have any desire to .
But I am utterly opposed to deny rights to or persecuting any gay person !!!!

Quetzal

For the last time, I AM NOT gay . I've never had gay sex, nor do I have any desire to .
Nick is intellectually incapable of telling the difference. Poor guy.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I was banned for a few days for "Intentional blasphemy " . What the heck is that ? I meant no blasphemy.

You would ask such a question because you are spiritually bankrupt.

The way I see it, you lack the talent to have your needs met on secular forums, therefore you post here to get attention. No other explanation is as sufficient.

glorydaz

And I'm not mean, but they say I am. You just can't care what people say. The old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" used to be believed. Now, it's become the land of hurt feelings. Everyone hurts everyone's feelings....woe is me. It's gone so far that it's against the law to hurt someone's feelings. We're silenced for fear someone's feelings will be hurt. Bunch of babies.....

Jose Fly

Dude, don't take ToL at all seriously. Read through threads and you'll see fundamentalists allowed to call others all sorts of names....moron, retard, idiot, faggot, etc. and be completely protected. Meanwhile, non-fundies (especially non-Christians) regularly get banned for being "disruptive" (which basically means "you're being too effective and making us look bad"....I mean, I was banned for THIS POST).

Shoot, the administrators don't even take this place seriously, and neither should you.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I have been banned for “intentional blasphemy” as well.

How the monitors actually believe they can guess at our intentions is astonishing.

TOL, like any big American city, is beset by gang violence and corruption.

The moderators have posted the site’s “rules for engagement” but a close reading of the rules and an awareness of the tenor and tone of many postings demonstrates a real hypocrisy going on here.

It’s too bad.

bybee

And I'm not mean, but they say I am. You just can't care what people say. The old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" used to be believed. Now, it's become the land of hurt feelings. Everyone hurts everyone's feelings....woe is me. It's gone so far that it's against the law to hurt someone's feelings. We're silenced for fear someone's feelings will be hurt. Bunch of babies.....

Yup!