Character flaws

Arthur Brain

You're being very rude (isn't that one of your pet peeves?) to someone who has honestly responded to the question you posed in the OP.

Well, I don't mind being rude when it's called for and frankly, you're being an arse. Knock it off.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Damian, leave Thunder's Muse alone. You don't need to be acting like a five-year old.

1PeaceMaker

I thought you weren't seeking attention.

:sozo: Attention, please! Damian isn't seeking attention! In fact, he never does!!!

(Anybody who ever engages another person in conversation is seeking attention. So what. Without attention we would never communicate!)

1PeaceMaker

I think someone has recently gotten under your skin.

Said the chigger. "Nom, nom, nom...." :chew:

It's one thing to be rude by accident or by nature, but at least own up to it... Give people a chance to be on the lookout for you...

If this post was honest or sincere, why didn't you ask for forgiveness, or do anything else to make her feel better, rather than settling deeper under her skin? :duh:

I was there on the other thread where you started being a pest. It's kind of obvious at this point what you are up to. Quit being a stinker.

1PeaceMaker

What's ironic is that he's being an exact example of what I'm talking about.

What's funny is that he thinks this is about him.

Well, as you can see, if any of the participants here, such as myself, were the original chigger, we have just given you carte blanche to dish it to us as we have dished to him.

I would want nothing less than exactly what you thought of my behavior. It might be my only chance for reflection on an actual flaw that needs attention.

Faithful are the wounds of a friend but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. And our Father chastises the sons and daughters he loves. You are made in His image and a mother in Israel.

Use that feminine power of yours to correct, educate, and nurture the wayward. :)

quip

BANNED
Banned
The more I think about it, the more I come to believe that being a compassionate peacemaker is actually a character flaw. It makes a person weak.

What do you think?

Upon such situations, always climb within the shoes of the other. You don't have to agree with them...just see where they're coming from...nobody's life is perfect while we all suffer by varying causes and degrees.

It helps.

genuineoriginal

The more I think about it, the more I come to believe that being a compassionate peacemaker is actually a character flaw. It makes a person weak.

What do you think?

Being a compassionate peacemaker can only be done by a person with a strong character.

This is much different than being an Enabler, which is a character flaw.

Are You an Enabler?

Enabling is “removing the natural consequences to the addict of his or her behavior.” Professionals warn against enabling because evidence has shown that an addict experiencing the damaging consequences of his addiction on his life has the most powerful incentive to change. Often this is when the addict “hits bottom” – a term commonly referred to in Alcoholics Anonymous.

Codependents often feel compelled to solve other people’s problems. If they’re involved with addicts, particularly drug addicts, they usually end up taking on the irresponsible addict’s responsibilities.

Their behavior starts as a well-intentioned desire to help, but in later stages of addiction, they act out of desperation. The family dynamics become skewed, so that the sober partner increasingly over-functions and the addict increasingly under-functions.​

RCLady

What do you think?

I think you must first have peace in your own soul before you can make peace with others. That’s why Jesus said, “Learn of Me, because I am meek and humble of Heart and you shall find rest for your souls.”

St. Francis de Sales tells us, "Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength." Of course. Doesn't it take a strong person to be gentle in the face of criticism and ridicule, Thunder's Muse? Isn't patient endurance stronger than aggression? Only the soul whose heart rests in God can possess such strength. Love brings peace. Someone once said, the gift of self in pure love for the gentle Savior establishes in our hearts His reign of love and peace. So closely are this love and peace united that the enemy of peace is the same enemy of pure love: self-love, which leads to that useless reflection on self which troubles and upsets our souls. The way to peace is the exercise of pure love, a complete abandonment to the most adorable Will of God. God makes His home only in the peace of a soul whose love is strong enough to love its own lowliness and annihilation. The effect of this love is an enduring peace which no one can take. An inexpressible joy flourishes in the soul whose only desire is to belong to God and so she cares nothing of either the praise or blame of others.

What is the mark of love for your neighbor? St. Basil the Great says it is not to seek what is for your own benefit, but what is for the benefit of the one loved, both in body and in soul.

Thunder's Muse

I may be having something of an identity crisis but I would rather be lost for a small while, than to be a weak minded individual, who is too cowardly to face their negative emotions head on, that they must belittle and tear down others, just to make themselves feel superior, to reprieve them from the negative emotions they are too afraid to face in the first place.

Your cowardice is not my problem. Being snide, viscous and attacking others makes you look like an ugly, ugly person, which is probably how you feel on the inside. You ultimately achieve nothing.