Doctrine of Unconditional Election

marke

Now thats scripture which I agree.
Good. God was able to choose us before the foundation of the world just as He was able to reject those who He knew would reject Him because He knew everything from the foundation of the world that would happen whether good or bad or whether pleasing to Him or displeasing.

beloved57

Good. God was able to choose us before the foundation of the world just as He was able to reject those who He knew would reject Him because He knew everything from the foundation of the world that would happen whether good or bad or whether pleasing to Him or displeasing.
Thats not what Eph 1:4 says.

beloved57

That God chose individuals to Salvation in Election is bore out by the phrase names, which is personal.

Rev 13:8 “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.”

Lk 10:20 “Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.”

Phil 4:3 “And I entreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellow-labourers, whose names are in the book of life.”

beloved57

We know that God elected individuals to Salvation because they as individuals believe in time, yet they were ordained to eternal life before time Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Eternal Life was promised before the world began Titus 1:2

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Now who was it promised to but to them He ordained to eternal life

Now the actual persons ordained to eternal life were not in actual existence, yet their Covenant Head and Sponser Christ Jesus was, and it was to Him as their Head was the promise made, hence John writes 1 Jn 2:25

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

beloved57

The Elect, those Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 they are His Spiritual Seed, a seed given Him by His Father. Isa 53:10

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

Hoping

Banned
The Elect, those Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4 they are His Spiritual Seed, a seed given Him by His Father. Isa 53:10

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
The seed of God cannot bring forth evil fruit. (1 John 3:9-10)
Are you a non-sinner too?

Bradley D

God didn't have to chose people to throw into hell, they did that themselves. The part of grace is that God selected anyone to be saved.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

beloved57

Aren't you glad that God doesn't deny anyone the choice to believe?
I sure am !!!
Only the ones God has chosen will and can believe 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth

beloved57

Notice how that God first Loved us and then chose us, thats who He gives to believe the truth, He sets them apart by the sanctifying work of the Spirit. 2 Thess 2:13

Notice its the same pattern as it pertained to His Chosen People Israel, He first said He loved them and chose them and set them apart Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Gods choice of a people is unconditional.

Hoping

Banned
Only the ones God has chosen will and can believe 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth
I am glad I chose to believe so God would "shine the light of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" to me. (2 Cor 4:6)
From the beginning, God knew that it would take belief of the truth and sanctification of the Spirit for me to be saved.

Are we on earth able to distinguish the "chosen" from the "unchosen"?