Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimrod

If her belief is that it's wrong and unbiblical for women to vote, why would that matter? Does exercising a wrong make it right? Should she "do evil that good may result?"

She uses her vote to destroy evil. I have no problem with that.

I will collect SS when I reach the age because....it will make it go bankrupt quicker.

King David used the enemy tool to kill the enemy.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Poor Nang. She thought she was going to be vilified by feminists, but it was her own behavior she was predicting.

Again, if you believe voting to be wrong and unbiliblical and you do it anyway, you're not practicing what you preach. No amount of dissembling on your part changes that fact.

She uses her vote to destroy evil.

Nah, the very fact that she votes while hounding other woman makes her a hypocrite.

The 5 solas

Nor did I say that you did. However, secular can still be moral - and healthy. I don't dismiss it out of hand simply when it's secular.

If there is a choice between a secular and a Christian worldview, I will pick Christian every time.

Agreed. However, many men have interpreted their Godly role as justifying abuse, which is even worse, since they use God as an excuse for doing evil.

And they are wrong for doing so...there is NEVER any justifiable reason for abuse, so let's just put that out there....ever. That is sin, plain and simple.

For those men who uphold their role as Christian husbands in a God honouring way, they are glorifying God by fulfilling their role properly. When that is done, that makes for a solid home, grounded on the Lord Jesus Christ....the Christian wife in this situation should be a happy and fulfilled one.

Not necessarily. I think that's a rather unfair generalization.

In my experience I have been railed at by feminists who refuse to think they should need to be cherished (their understanding of what cherished is must differ from mine ) or protected...they are all about being honoured though.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd disagree that a healthy feminism is a lust for power, usurping of authority or emasculation of the men.

That is because you are a scumbag lying feminist who hates God, and uses "equality" to push your perverted agendas forward.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A woman should define HERSELF and her role rather than allowing a man or society to define it for her.

You are not alone. This is devil worship of a whoremongering fashion. And that has nothing to do with harlotry. You are what God made you, not what you want to be, which is probably a man.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
If there is a choice between a secular and a Christian worldview, I will pick Christian every time.

And if they are the same, there's no problem. Such as your view of abuse being held by many who are secular, including Rusha.

In my experience I have been railed at by feminists who refuse to think they should need to be cherished (their understanding of what cherished is must differ from mine ) or protected...they are all about being honoured though.

Well, I consider myself a feminist although not in all definitions. Feel free to ask me questions and I won't rail at you. :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My concern stems from a desire to see justice everywhere. I do not consider myself a feminist but I strive to protect the oppressed and weak, just as the Lord exhorts us all to do.

I know that some feminists seek independence of women from men and I believe that is wrong. They should be working together, each with the abilities, strengths and weaknesses God has given them.
But that is hardly a problem in our society. The real problem is the abuse and prejudice against women everywhere. And although, in terms of institutions, Islam ought to be labelled as the single greatest culprit of abuse against women today, the Christian church is certainly not without a great deal of blame itself and some of its attitudes still need to be redressed.
I'd hasten to add that the Bible has nothing to do with it, other than indirectly inasmuch as people distort the Bible for their own selfish ends. I'm actually doing a series of 'talks' on this subject at my church over the summer. I might post them later (which is convenient as all my 'talks' have to be written out word for word or else they don't get 'talked'!)
Cheers.

:BRAVO: Exactly

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You are not alone. This is devil worship of a whoremongering fashion. And that has nothing to do with harlotry. You are what God made you, not what you want to be, which is probably a man.

You're out of line, but that's typical of you.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

As witty ... and angry as ever. You should work on that.

The 5 solas

I didn't use the word sin ... and I am under no obligation to accept a religious argument.

Also, I do not accept the word authority (in relationship to a significant other/husband) as used in the English language:

I use the word sin, because I am a Christian and this does come down to sin or not sin, for me. What is God honouring and what is not. How should I, as a Christian woman, seek to live out my life in light of the onslaught of feminist thought.

You are definitely under no obligation to accept a religious argument, but that is all I am going to give because I have a Christian worldview.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/authority

au·thor·i·ty
noun \ə-ˈthär-ə-tē, ȯ-, -ˈthȯr-\

: the power to give orders or make decisions : the power or right to direct or control someone or something

: the confident quality of someone who knows a lot about something or who is respected or obeyed by other people

: a quality that makes something seem true or real

The power to control has been misused, and apparently *some* feel that should be swept under the rug. We know that is how Jabin sees it (see one of Anna's first post in this thread) and apparently Nang, since she did not see anything wrong with what he stated, agrees as well.

The power to control had most certainly been misused..abused! This is a result of sin, but that does not mean all power to control or authority is wrong or bad.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ungodly feminism is a blight on TOL. :devil:

Oh, you are an ungodly feminist. Okay then. Continue in your blightedness.

Or have you made a commitment to no longer voting? Feminist.

The 5 solas

I'd hasten to add that the Bible has nothing to do with it

The Bible has everything to do with it.
For Christians, the Bible is our source of faith and practice.
Sinful men misusing the Word of God for their own evil purposes does not negate it's authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.