"God is No Respector of Persons" Acts 10:34

Robert Pate

Banned
John 3:16 doesnt say if you dont believe you will perish ! Thats falsifying scripture !

"Whosoever that believes in him should not perish" John 3:16.

Because you don't believe in him, you will perish. If you believed in him you would ask him to save you.

beloved57

"Whosoever that believes in him should not perish" John 3:16.

Because you don't believe in him, you will perish. If you believed in him you would ask him to save you.

John 3:16 does not say:

if you dont believe you will perish ! Thats falsifying scripture !

Jerry Shugart

When Jesus died on the cross all of the old sinful Adamic race died with him. Sin, death and the devil were abolished. Jesus Christ is now God's new Adam and God's new humanity. God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Romans 6:1-13.

Why do you continue to refuse to answer my question?

You are delusional if you think that at the Cross "all the old sinful Adamic race died with him and that sin died with Him."

The Apostle John made it plain that sin did not die at the Cross when he said the following to believers:

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us" (1 Jn.1:8-10).​

If all sin was expiated at the Cross then explain why John would tell those things to believers?

heir

TOL Subscriber
You did not because you refused to address the LORD's words here spoken to Paul about his ministry to the Gentiles:

"to open their eyes, that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive remission of sins and an inheritance among them that are sanctified by faith in me" (Acts 26:18).​

According to you at the Cross the sins of all men were expiated. If that is true then how would it be possible that the Gentiles could have their sins remitted if their sins were already expiated?
When will you get a real Bible? It would quickly remove your confusion as you could allow IT to be your final authority!

Acts 26:18 reads:

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

It says forgiveness of sins not remission! And it's not to say that their sins were not already forgiven as you imply, but this:

Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

To "receive forgiveness of sins" is to receive the love of the truth that they could be saved and not perish as these will for receiving not the love of the truth:

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

The love of the truth is to believe that when Christ died for their sins according to the scriptures and that He was buried and rose again the third day according to the scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) it was that their sins were forgiven just as it now is for us fellowheirs by the gospel (Ephesians 1:7 KJV, Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber

You are delusional if you think that at the Cross "all the old sinful Adamic race died with him and that sin died with Him."

The Apostle John made it plain that sin did not die at the Cross when he said the following to believers:

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us" (1 Jn.1:8-10).​

If all sin was expiated at the Cross then explain why John would tell those things to believers?
Here's an example where your ignorance of the timing of the atonement for Israel plays into your confusion.

Interplanner

Here's an example where your ignorance of the timing of the atonement for Israel plays into your confusion.

To JerryS,
because there are two aspects to redemption and they cannot be mixed without confusion. Expiation has to do with guilt or debt or the past. It does not have to do with the ongoing problem of doing sin. When? At all times, and time moves on, as they say.

Likewise there are two aspects to eschatology and they cannot be mixed without confusion.

Robert Pate

Banned

John also said, "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but also for the whole world" 1 John 2:2.

Nanja

John also said, "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but also for the whole world" 1 John 2:2.

Meaning, not only jews, but Gentiles also.

God's Elect come from all the nations of the world.

Psalm 72:17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun:
and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

Rev. 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof:
for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation

Rev. 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people

~~~~~

beloved57

You don't believe that scripture! You teach that millions for whom Christ died and reconciled to God, propitiated Him in behalf of, shall go into Eternal Wrath!

Robert Pate

Banned
Meaning, not only jews, but Gentiles also.

God's Elect come from all the nations of the world.

Psalm 72:17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun:
and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

Rev. 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof:
for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation

Rev. 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people

~~~~~

When you are confronted with truth.

You act like a trapped animal. You scatter.

"Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

This scripture means that all, anyone, everyone, that calls on Christ to save them will be saved.

This one scripture refutes Calvinism completely.

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't believe that scripture! You teach that millions for whom Christ died and reconciled to God, propitiated Him in behalf of, shall go into Eternal Wrath!

Instead of accepting the truth in 1 John 2:2, you accuse me of being a false teacher.

Jesus is the savior and redeemer of the whole world, Hebrews 2:9.

So many scriptures refute Calvinism. yet you continue to support it.

beloved57

Instead of accepting the truth in 1 John 2:2, you accuse me of being a false teacher.

Jesus is the savior and redeemer of the whole world, Hebrews 2:9.

So many scriptures refute Calvinism. yet you continue to support it.

You don't believe those verses, none under Gods Wrath John 3:36 are in the whole world of 1jn 2:2 !

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't believe those verses, none under Gods Wrath John 3:36 are in the whole world of 1jn 2:2 !

Of course I believe those scriptures.

Do you think that I am under God's wrath because I don't believe in Calvinism?

Not only does 1 John 2:2 refute Calvinism, there are dozens and dozens of other scriptures that do the same thing.

It takes more faith than what I have to believe in Calvinism. You must really have to work at it.

beloved57

Of course I believe those scriptures.

Do you think that I am under God's wrath because I don't believe in Calvinism?

Not only does 1 John 2:2 refute Calvinism, there are dozens and dozens of other scriptures that do the same thing.

It takes more faith than what I have to believe in Calvinism. You must really have to work at it.

No you don't, that is impossible, none can be of that world of 1jn 2:2 and be under Gods Wrath John 3:36 !

Jerry Shugart

Acts 26:18 reads:

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

It says forgiveness of sins not remission!

"to open their eyes, that they may turn from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive remission of sins and inheritance among them that are sanctified by faith in me" (Acts 26:18; DBY).​

The primary meaning of the Greek word translated "remit" is "to send away" (Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words).

And that is exactly what the word means here:

"Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them, and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained" (Jn.20:23; KJV).​

Interplanner

It either means justification or transformation. The words in the justification category all sound legal or financial: atone, remit, cancel, credit righteousness, expiate, propitiate, etc.

Robert Pate

Banned
No you don't, that is impossible, none can be of that world of 1jn 2:2 and be under Gods Wrath John 3:36 !

John 3:36 says that those who do not believe are under God's wrath.

Nothing about anyone that has not been elected being under Gods wrath.

I don't think that you know what you believe.

beloved57

John 3:36 says that those who do not believe are under God's wrath.

Nothing about anyone that has not been elected being under Gods wrath.

I don't think that you know what you believe.
Believing doesn't propitiate Gods Wrath, Christ Blood does!