Golan Heights Oil - Israel wants it!

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why aren't we seeing media coverage on this topic? In early October a massive oil find was announced in the Golan Heights. Israel wants to claim the Golan Heights as part of its territory. There is enough oil to make Israel energy independent for decades and perhaps for a century.

There is plenty of coverage if you do an online search but nothing is showing up in the routine google news feeds or in the Yahoo news feeds. why?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why aren't we seeing media coverage on this topic? In early October a massive oil find was announced in the Golan Heights. Israel wants to claim the Golan Heights as part of its territory. There is enough oil to make Israel energy independent for decades and perhaps for a century.

There is plenty of coverage if you do an online search but nothing is showing up in the routine google news feeds or in the Yahoo news feeds. why?

Oh no, stories like that aren't discussed on cable or network news channels. Certain things, most things in fact, must be researched or stumbled across by the individual. Nothing anti Israel gets coverage.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Evidently Cheney, Murdock, Rothchilds and other very influential people are directly involved in the US company which was granted exclusive oil rights by Israel. This whole situation has a stench about it.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you guys serious? Israel has occupied this territory since 1967 and now all of a sudden because oil has been found there, something stinks? I'll tell you what stinks: it is when people use every piece of gossip to show Israel in a bad light. I mean, seriously:

Evidently Cheney, Murdock, Rothchilds and other very influential people are directly involved in the US company which was granted exclusive oil rights by Israel. This whole situation has a stench about it.
What else did you expect? Did you expect Israel to grant an exploration licence to Tom, Dick and Harry? Or would you have been happier if they had just said 'we'll leave it in the ground so as not to offend anyone who thinks that if we take it out of the ground we are somehow doing a great evil'?

Or:
Nothing anti Israel gets coverage.
I cannot believe how anyone can think that discovering oil happens to be anti-Israel. I sometimes get the impression that the only thing that certain people will regard as an unbiased act is if Israel voluntarily self-destructs and hands over their territory to Palestinian terrorists. Would they then end their complaints against this tiniest of states?

EDIT: PJ confirmed that he was indeed joking when he said this.

By the way, Israel also found huge gas reserves off the Mediterranean coast, which will be exported into Europe. But this doesn't stink does it? But you know, Egypt also found even bigger reserves. But you didn't mention that either. Tell me you were joking when you said it stinks? Tell me you were joking when you said

There is enough oil to make Israel energy independent for decades and perhaps for a century.
Was it because you didn't realise that Israel's combined resources from solar power and gas are more than enough to supply Israel's needs for a century and that somehow the fact that Israel found some more and that is enough for them for decades that it is really that important? Don't you realise that Israel is a TINY country. TINY. In case you didn't hear it: TINY. Its population is 8 million. The population of New York state is 20 million. You begrudge them fuel for a century that a single American state would probably use in a year or two? Is there anything else you begrudge them?

I can't believe rational people can write this refuse. Please tell me that you are joking and I will be delighted to retract what I have said.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Why aren't we seeing media coverage on this topic? In early October a massive oil find was announced in the Golan Heights. Israel wants to claim the Golan Heights as part of its territory.

i believe israel has been interested in the golan heights since before October

besides, they could easily slant drill it from uncontested territory

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Surely you jest. Israel has been told since 1967 to withdraw from the Golan Heights. The UN has repeatedly passed resolutions against their illegal occupation of land belonging to other countries. Should we have gone to war and physically kicked them out?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Surely you jest. Israel has been told since 1967 to withdraw from the Golan Heights. The UN has repeatedly passed resolutions against their illegal occupation of land belonging to other countries. Should we have gone to war and physically kicked them out?

Apart from your factual inaccuracies, tell me that when you bought wine, you purposely made sure to ask if it was made in the Golan Heights? Because that's what is mostly grown there. It's the same thing, just another natural resource. You complain about the oil now but never once complained about the Israelis growing grapes there, did you?
I want to know, please answer: did you ever once complain about the Israelis growing grapes on the Golan?
And by the way, it is stark staring obvious that Israel is still at war with Syria. Syria never agreed to any kind of truce like Jordan and Egypt did. The Golan was conquered in war and has been annexed by Israel. It is Israeli territory. Get used to it. If Syria wants it, let them negotiate it back like everybody else does.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Apart from your factual inaccuracies, tell me that when you bought wine, you purposely made sure to ask if it was made in the Golan Heights? Because that's what is mostly grown there. It's the same thing. You complain about the oil now but never once complained about the Israelis growing grapes there, did you?
I want to know, please answer: did you ever once complain about the Israelis growing grapes on the Golan?
I have always opposed their usurpation of territories.

I'll bet you are one of those persons who were suckered into believing we became re-involved in Iraq and subsequently Syria to fight Isis. What a farce. You think the movers and shakers care about a few dozen or even a few thousands of executions by a radical group of Muslims? Buy a clue. Follow the money trail. We are there because they knew this Golan Heights oil was soon to be in play.

brewmama

Just because the UN is anti-Israel doesn't make it right. I would be against pretty much anything the UN wanted and vice versa. When people are fighting defensive wars and win, and take territory, they keep it. It's always been that way. Why should they give it back?

chair

I'll bet you are one of those persons who were suckered into believing we became re-involved in Iraq and subsequently Syria to fight Isis. What a farce. You think the movers and shakers care about a few dozen or even a few thousands of executions by a radical group of Muslims? Buy a clue. Follow the money trail. We are there because they knew this Golan Heights oil was soon to be in play.

"usurpation" is an odd word to describe what happened to The Golan Heights. Please tell us how that area happened to become controlled by Israel, and how that is "usurpation".

WizardofOz

"usurpation" is an odd word to describe what happened to The Golan Heights. Please tell us how that area happened to become controlled by Israel,

Internationally recognized as Syrian territory, the Golan Heights has been occupied and administered by Israel since 1967. It was captured during the 1967 Six-Day War, establishing the Purple Line.

and how that is "usurpation".

The United States considers the Golan Heights to be Syrian territory held under Israeli occupation subject to negotiation and Israeli withdrawal. The United States considers the application of Israeli law to the Golan Heights to be a violation of international law, both the Fourth Geneva Convention's prohibition on the acquisition of territory by force and United Nations Security Council Resolution 242.

:idunno:

chair

Internationally recognized as Syrian territory, the Golan Heights has been occupied and administered by Israel since 1967. It was captured during the 1967 Six-Day War, establishing the Purple Line.

The United States considers the Golan Heights to be Syrian territory held under Israeli occupation subject to negotiation and Israeli withdrawal. The United States considers the application of Israeli law to the Golan Heights to be a violation of international law, both the Fourth Geneva Convention's prohibition on the acquisition of territory by force and United Nations Security Council Resolution 242.

:idunno:

Syria started a war in 1967, which they lost. so it goes.
Syria doesn't even really exist as a country today, and may never exist again.

So it goes.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What Chair said. So are you going to quote us your objections to when Russia walked into Crimea? And are you going to go back to Europe and leave America to the Indians whose territory you 'usurped'? And where are your objections to the Australians who 'usurped' Australia from the Aborigines, New Zealand from the Maoris?

You didn't listen, did you? The amount of oil in Golan is tiny. Get a life. And you didn't answer my question did you? That's because you are an anti-semitic coward. I can tell you why you never complained that Israel was farming grapes on the Golan. It's because you hate Israel and you will jump onto any bandwagon that you can invent gossip about to smear the name of that little country. If you were less hypocritical about it, you would have complained about the grapes. But you didn't. Why? Because you would have been laughed at. But the oil is not any different in principle.

Here's another thing: you say that Israel is taking advantage of the war in Syria. But any country, including your own, would take advantage of a war in a neighbouring country. And indeed, their government would be criticised if they didn't. But when Israel does it, the most natural and normal of actions, it is suddenly the most evil thing in the world. This is because you are anti-semitic. This is what anti-semitism looks like.

Just because the UN is anti-Israel doesn't make it right. I would be against pretty much anything the UN wanted and vice versa. When people are fighting defensive wars and win, and take territory, they keep it. It's always been that way. Why should they give it back?

I was going to quote a few UN statistics in my last post, but decided to keep it simple. Did you know for example that in the UNHRC, half of all the motions are anti Israel? It's a Muslim run organisation, make no mistake. UNESCO is the same. I don't know why we pay our membership to this garbage of an organisation. It only survives because of the security council. If America pulled out, or if it was decided to scrap the major powers veto system, the whole thing would collapse.

"usurpation" is an odd word to describe what happened to The Golan Heights. Please tell us how that area happened to become controlled by Israel, and how that is "usurpation".

Eeset applies standards to Israel that she doesn't apply to any other country. This, as I am sure you know, is what anti-semitism really looks like.

Last edited:

bybee

You are uninformed and dead wrong! The United Nations is anti-America and anti-Israel. In a war not instigated by Israel, Israel won. Are you one of those small minded people who hate Israel enough to turn a blind eye to the actions of all the Muslim countries which surround it?
It is called survival.

WizardofOz

Syria started a war in 1967, which they lost. so it goes.
Syria doesn't even really exist as a country today, and may never exist again.

So it goes.

Sounds like a rather nonchalant rejection of the Fourth Geneva Conventions to me.

So it goes indeed