Harassment

Zimfan

Originally posted by ebenz47037
Zimfan,

I was talking about the general public in real life, not you. :chuckle:

Just trying to put as much distance between me and the general public as possible :D . :doh: Also, it was actually Shadowmaid I asked about socialization once when she said she didn't watch T.V. I must not be drinking enough coffee tonight :yawn: ;)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ShadowMaid,

I am a product of public school (I graduated in 1987). Up until I married my late husband, I had a major problem with socialization. I was so shy. I couldn't talk to anyone without becoming red-faced. Sometimes, even now, I have to fight the shyness.

My daughter doesn't have that problem (I wish she did sometimes. :chuckle: ). She'll talk to anyone; man, woman, black, white, young, old. And, up until this past year, I had a real problem with that because she would take off to walk them to the door of the store or whatever. She doesn't do that anymore.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Zimfan
Just trying to put as much distance between me and the general public as possible :D . :doh: Also, it was actually Shadowmaid I asked about socialization once when she said she didn't watch T.V. I must not be drinking enough coffee tonight :yawn: ;)

Tired? :)

ShadowMaid

Maybe you should go to bed Zimfan. I should be in bed to. Night all!! (Gosh I wish I could stay on longer!!!)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ShadowMaid
It's incredible how much MORE home schooling can solve.
For starters, the problem of school shootings. Playing Russian Roulette with my kids' lives is something I'm just not keen on.

Zimfan

Tired? :)

very. :yawn: I'm curious, do any of the people here who home school ever worry about not understanding certain classes their children may want or need to have. I know some people who definately wouldn't be able to teach, say Calculus, and I wonder what they would have to do if they decided to home school.

Zimfan

Originally posted by ShadowMaid
Maybe you should go to bed Zimfan. I should be in bed to. Night all!! (Gosh I wish I could stay on longer!!!)

Bah!, college students don't need sleep, just coffee :coffee: , and perhaps some alcohol now and again.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
very. :yawn: I'm curious, do any of the people here who home school ever worry about not understanding certain classes their children may want or need to have. I know some people who definately wouldn't be able to teach, say Calculus, and I wonder what they would have to do if they decided to home school.

That's what teachers' manuals are for. But, if I ever have to teach my daughter something that I just don't get, I will hire a tutor or send her to the local junior college for a class.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bah!, college students don't need sleep, just coffee :coffee: , and perhaps some alcohol now and again.

:chuckle: Now, Zimfan, ShadowMaid's only 14. You don't want to corrupt her values this early. ;)

Zimfan

Most high school subjects aren't too difficult to understand if one takes the effort, anyway. Too bad most students are unwilling to make that effort, though.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chuckle: Now, Zimfan, ShadowMaid's only 14. You don't want to corrupt her values this early. ;)
I think he was referring to himself. Of course I'm getting wacky due to needing to go to sleep so I could be wrong. Anyway, he doesn't need to corrupt his values either. :D

Zimfan

Originally posted by Poly
I think he was referring to himself. Of course I'm getting wacky due to needing to go to sleep so I could be wrong. Anyway, he doesn't need to corrupt his values either. :D

Hey, my doctor approves of my glass of wine a day average alcohol consumtion. Not only is alcohol good for one's heart, but so are the antioxidants found in red wine. I'd make a joke about not being able to corrupt what I don't have, but I wouldn't be fooling anyone.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, my doctor approves of my glass of wine a day average alcohol consumtion. Not only is alcohol good for one's heart, but so are the antioxidants found in red wine. I'd make a joke about not being able to corrupt what I don't have, but I wouldn't be fooling anyone.

I don't drink at all. But, it's because I don't like the smell (or taste) of alcohol due to growing up with alcoholic parents.

Zimfan

Be very glad that I'm not her mother. :chuckle:

To hear some people talk, the number one pastime of college age men is to corrupt pure young women. My fear of angry mothers keeps me in check, though. ;)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't drink at all. But, it's because I don't like the smell (or taste) of alcohol due to growing up with alcoholic parents.
That's understandable. I like a glass of White Zin (I'm sure Zimfan just fell on the floor) every now and then but that's about it.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To hear some people talk, the number one pastime of college age men is to corrupt pure young women. My fear of angry mothers keeps me in check, though. ;)

Don't forget fathers with guns, too! :chuckle: