Help Understanding Something...

glorydaz

It's the nature of the crime (rape) and how the victims are being further victimized.

When is the last time you heard someone say that a victim who is robbed or murdered while walking to their car from the grocery store is at fault for their own attack?

Walking to the car is not the same as stripping in the parking lot and doing a hoochy coochy dance. Bit of a difference, yes? :chew:

glorydaz

sometimes no is no

sometimes no is "yes"
sometimes no is "later"
sometimes no is "not yet"
sometimes no is "not until the kids are asleep"

no isn't always no

Can't get too far away from the script, Res. It does not compute in the programmed mind. If you want honesty, you'll have to move away from these "rape" threads entirely.

I'm not afraid of the pc police, however. I have experienced every single one of those examples, and understand quite well what you are saying. It actually brought back some fond memories.

d'NILE is not just a river in Egypt. ;)

glorydaz

Starting what? I'm pretty sure Nicky isn't an insult. And if you get offended by people putting a y on the end of your name, grow the heck up

Hey, some will get offended if you say people are responsible for their own bad behavior. They'll round up a lynch party over that one.

Arthur Brain

Hey, some will get offended if you say people are responsible for their own bad behavior. They'll round up a lynch party over that one.

Well noooo, people get offended when dingbats say that people deserve to be raped because they didn't live up to some 'moral standard' or should get deadly diseases by way of etc. Different thing altogether if you're familiar with empathy which isn't exactly a given...

glorydaz

Well noooo, people get offended when dingbats say that people deserve to be raped because they didn't live up to some 'moral standard' or should get deadly diseases by way of etc. Different thing altogether if you're familiar with empathy which isn't exactly a given...

Shut up, Artie, you have nothing to say.

journey

These are minority views, but the board police think that they are majority views. For instance: the rapture is a minority view.

No, it isn't. The Rapture is a Bible fact that the vast majority of mature Christians accept as a Bible fact. Caught up to meet the Lord in the air IS the Rapture:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 KJV 13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I need some help understanding something. There is this very common trait that I see in quite a few members here. It drives me bananas and I am trying to figure out why it happens so often. Why do members here have such a difficult time differentiating between two things that are clearly different? If I had a dollar for every time I saw this, I could have retired last month and it is everywhere.

Rape is compared to assault, theft, and car jacking.
Homosexuality is compared to pedophilia.
Everyone who disagrees with me is a liberal and is therefore comparable to all evil things.
ISIS "clearly" represents all of Islam and is the same thing, but the same comparison between KKK/Westboro and Christians is no where to be found.

These things, on a very basic level, share some similarities. In the same way apples and oranges are both fruits. But they are both still different from one another.

In my opinion, this way of thinking is extremely lazy. I am sure I am not completely innocent here, but of all the forums I frequent it is readily apparent here the most. Help me understand what your thought process is. If you think of things this way, why?

Don't worry about it

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I want to use quetzal's thread or something from tardly arite to post these stories of fake things that happened. I realize Hands up don't shoot, which didn't happen, is a much bigger story in need of 218 pages of strawmen, misdirection, and other nonsense and needs a dedicated thread. So I will use this for these.

This one is cute. She was likely inspired by the fake Mizzou University racial stories.

Black woman makes fake threat to shoot black students in school.

Kayla-Simone McKelvey, 24, of Union – a black alum who graduated in May – was charged by summons with third-degree creating a false public alarm.

Park said an investigation by the Union County Prosecutor's Office's Special Prosecutions Unit and Kean University police found that McKelvey, a self-proclaimed activist, participated in a student rally to raise awareness of racism on college campuses on Nov. 17, but left midway through and walked to a computer station in a university library.​

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I want to use quetzal's thread or something from tardly arite to post these stories of fake things that happened. I realize Hands up don't shoot, which didn't happen, is a much bigger story in need of 218 pages of strawmen, misdirection, and other nonsense and needs a dedicated thread. So I will use this for these.

This one is cute. She was likely inspired by the fake Mizzou University racial stories.

Black woman makes fake threat to shoot black students in school.

Kayla-Simone McKelvey, 24, of Union – a black alum who graduated in May – was charged by summons with third-degree creating a false public alarm.

Park said an investigation by the Union County Prosecutor's Office's Special Prosecutions Unit and Kean University police found that McKelvey, a self-proclaimed activist, participated in a student rally to raise awareness of racism on college campuses on Nov. 17, but left midway through and walked to a computer station in a university library.​

the only reason i miss barbie - he'd get tied up in knots trying to figure out how to respond to something like this :chuckle:

i suspect the msm will bury it

PureX

I need some help understanding something. There is this very common trait that I see in quite a few members here. It drives me bananas and I am trying to figure out why it happens so often. Why do members here have such a difficult time differentiating between two things that are clearly different? If I had a dollar for every time I saw this, I could have retired last month and it is everywhere.

Everyone who disagrees with me is a liberal and is therefore comparable to all evil things.
ISIS "clearly" represents all of Islam and is the same thing, but the same comparison between KKK/Westboro and Christians is no where to be found.

These things, on a very basic level, share some similarities. In the same way apples and oranges are both fruits. But they are both still different from one another.

In my opinion, this way of thinking is extremely lazy. I am sure I am not completely innocent here, but of all the forums I frequent it is readily apparent here the most. Help me understand what your thought process is. If you think of things this way, why?
What you are encountering is not lazy thinking so much as it's a thought process based on ego rather than intellect. People are making these idiotic comparisons because they feel that doing so justifies whatever they currently believe. And no matter how nonsensical that belief may appear to you, for them, the priority is to defend it no matter what.

These are folks who cannot discern a difference between what they believe, and what is or isn't true. For them, truth is belief, and belief is truth. And to maintain that absurd delusion, they must defend whatever they believe as if it were the absolute truth. Even when it's obvious to everyone else that it's not.

They don't really care what anyone else thinks. They're defending their beliefs as truths for their own egocentric purposes.

badp

Your question is a bit fragmented. First you say that people "have trouble differentiating" and then you say "these things...share some similarities."

I haven't seen anyone say "homosexuality is pedophilia" or "rape is car jacking." I have seen such comparisons, and there are absolutely valid comparisons to be made among some of those things you mentioned.

It sounds like you are inferring that others don't see a difference, when in fact they do. In other words, the problem is with your perception or interpretation.