ECT Heretical Teaching of the Word-Faith Movement

musterion

Actually, scripture + Faith = experience.
You see, even if I never ever saw anything, I'd still believe it because the word says it.

Have you seen, with your own eyes, a stone-dead corpse raised from the dead by someone claiming the power of God to do it?

Cruciform

If would be better if you fully understood what the teaching is, and then build a case against it from scripture if you reject it.
It's already been done:

ADG.jpg

D.R. McConnell, A DIFFERENT GOSPEL (Hendrickson, 1994)

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Have you seen, with your own eyes, a stone-dead corpse raised from the dead by someone claiming the power of God to do it?

"The dead still get raised today, but because of a lack of faith in this area, it's not as common as it should be."-candyandycain on TOL

kayaker

I've used a Zoll defibrillator more than a few times... they weren't stone cold... but, ZAP! HEEEEYullll!!! I believe in the power of those Zoll defibrillators, jumped my stone cold dead battery off a couple times, LOL! Laying on hands... hey... try that on someone who's just had their chest cracked, like with coronary bypass... nothing to laying on hands doing chest compressions! You can muster up a pulse in their toes when their chest is only wired shut! HEEEEYulll!!!

andyc

"The dead still get raised today, but because of a lack of faith in this area, it's not as common as it should be."-candyandycain on TOL

Truth.

People are still saved today, but because of a lack of faith in this area, it's not as common as it should be.

musterion

Nope.

Heard multiple testimonies though.
Does the word say it can't happen today?

Yes or no?

If Paul got to the point of not being able to heal Trophimus once Israel's unrepentance was assured, you have no apostolic powers nor does anyone else. The testimonies you heard are bunk.

andyc

If Paul got to the point of not being able to heal Trophimus once Israel's unrepentance was assured, you have no apostolic powers nor does anyone else. The testimonies you heard are bunk.

Israel's unrepentance was assured?
Where do you find that in scripture?

Healing was never dependent on Paul having apostolic power.

Acts 14:9 This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed,

In this case, the healing was dependent on the man's faith. And faith is not subject to time. Trophimus could have been in the process of healing, but Paul didn't have time to wait for his strength to return.

Lets also have a look at Epaphroditus......

Phil 2:25-27
Yet I considered it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker, and fellow soldier, but your messenger and the one who ministered to my need; since he was longing for you all, and was distressed because you had heard that he was sick. For indeed he was sick almost unto death; but God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

God healed Epaphroditus, and it was not as a result of Paul's apostolic power, but God's mercy. One thing we know for sure is that this man's life was in the balance, and so there must have been a battle of faith against what was attacking Epaphroditus.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Truth.

People are still saved today, but because of a lack of faith in this area, it's not as common as it should be.

If the saved are already numbered, then what good is "should be"? "Should be" is like telling God that He may be wrong and there might be more elects than He elected.

andyc

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Matthew 23:37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

musterion

Israel's unrepentance was assured?
Where do you find that in scripture?

Acts 28. From then on, in Paul's letters, he never again refers to Israel as Israel or to Jews as Jews.

Acts 14:9 This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed,
I already blew this out of the water weeks ago. The Greek is very specific on what the man had faith for, and it was to be saved, not to be healed.

Trophimus could have been in the process of healing, but Paul didn't have time to wait for his strength to return.
Pure wishful thinking. Quit eisegeting.

Lets also have a look at Epaphroditus......

Phil 2:25-27
Yet I considered it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker, and fellow soldier, but your messenger and the one who ministered to my need; since he was longing for you all, and was distressed because you had heard that he was sick. For indeed he was sick almost unto death; but God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

God healed Epaphroditus, and it was not as a result of Paul's apostolic power, but God's mercy.
Exactly. Because the gifts were gone, and remain gone. God CAN and DOES heal today, if He chooses to do so. But He no longer uses healers or the sign gifts. Everything claiming to be such today is either delusion or demonic, or a blend of both.

Repent while you can or you'll be meat for the lying signs and wonders that are coming.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nope.

Heard multiple testimonies though.
Does the word say it can't happen today?

Yes or no?

Why is it that everyone i've ever seen who believe it happens now cant point to one instance? They always say they have never seen it, but can point to "testimonies".

Is your entire church unable to freely give what they have received?

Matthew 10:8 "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give.

If that is for today, then are you horribly concerned about why you haven't seen it?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why is it that everyone i've ever seen who believe it happens now cant point to one instance? They always say they have never seen it, but can point to "testimonies".

Is your entire church unable to freely give what they have received?

Matthew 10:8 "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give.

If that is for today, then are you horribly concerned about why you haven't seen it?

Yep.....this is what the twelve were commanded to do and that's what they actually did during the first part of Acts.
These healings and death raisings were provable empirically. Even the unbelieving Jewish leadership had to concede that "indeed a great miracle had been done". Their only recourse was to shut down the Apostles.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
In one word: witchcraft.

Yes.
It is interesting that 99.9% of those who follow prosperity preachers never seem to reap the Rolls-Royce, the mansion, or the private jet. Those luxuries are reserved for the guy up on stage making the smooth-talking sales pitch. And his expensive toys get paid for by thousands of hardworking people. Many of them earn minimum wage while dreaming about hitting the big one just like their prophet.
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/c...ats-in-his-pocket-138240/#OJiu4yeHdceKp77X.99

musterion

Yep.....this is what the twelve were commanded to do and that's what they actually did during the first part of Acts.
These healings and death raisings were provable empirically. Even the unbelieving Jewish leadership had to concede that "indeed a great miracle had been done". Their only recourse was to shut down the Apostles.

And now we have the exact opposite: NO proof of their claims, but you're written off as sub-spiritual if not unsaved if you don't BUH-LEEVE!

image3767745g.jpg