ECT Holy Laughter: Christian Behavior or Something Else

God's Truth

We need to be careful; holy laughter may not be biblical but joy most certainly is! In His presence etc... Extreme joy must manifest somehow. However, the flesh must be kept in check at all times. There's no doubt that much of it is just emotionalism but maybe we shouldn't be too quick to dismiss all of it.

Peter 👤

Holy laughter is not biblical. Stop trying to manipulate the scriptures to justify falseness.

God's Truth

:think: Is someone saying that King David danced naked?

1 Samuel 19:24 NIV He stripped off his garments, and he too prophesied in Samuel’s presence. He lay naked all that day and all that night. This is why people say, “Is Saul also among the prophets?”

New American Standard Bible
But when David returned to bless his household, Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David and said, "How the king of Israel distinguished himself today! He uncovered himself today in the eyes of his servants' maids as one of the foolish ones shamelessly uncovers himself!"

King James Bible
Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!

Genesis 9:21 When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent.

Genesis 9:22 Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father naked and told his two brothers outside.

Why are you arguing about words that do not matter?

revpete

Holy laughter is not biblical. Stop trying to manipulate the scriptures to justify falseness.

This is not the place for false accusations! I am merely advocating caution. I agree that so called holy laughter is not biblical but when a person is full of joy it could be the result of that. I have seen this phenomenon many times and nearly 100% of the time it has been IMO of the flesh. However, read your history of revival and you will see that it has been a part of different moves of The Holy Spirit over the years.

People react differently when exposed to the manifest presence of God. So be carful not to throw the baby out with the bath water 😄

Pete 👤

God's Truth

This is not the place for false accusations! I am merely advocating caution. I agree that so called holy laughter is not biblical but when a person is full of joy it could be the result of that. I have seen this phenomenon many times and nearly 100% of the time it has been IMO of the flesh. However, read your history of revival and you will see that it has been a part of different moves of The Holy Spirit over the years.

People react differently when exposed to the manifest presence of God. So be carful not to throw the baby out with the bath water 😄

Pete 👤

It is not biblical.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't seem to be able to read for the truth from anyone that you then misrepresent what they say in your reply. If you were to take my advise you already know that I said, throwout your commentaries, read your Bible and write you own __ learn from the Holy Spirit.

But you can't leave that alone to further argue over what I didn't say.

< Forget you>

Thank you for your commentary!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The scriptures say the prophets were naked and that David was uncovered.

You say uncovered does not mean naked, but I gave you scriptures that say uncovered is naked.

I did not say that uncovered does not mean naked.
I said that David's wife exaggerated the case.
Her false accusation was an act of pride out of her repulsion for David's act of worship.