JohnW. POTD Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

John please do no copy and paste posts from other websites without at least properly crediting the source.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

The earliest posting of the material on the web appears to be here on November 22nd, 2008, at 06:22 PM
He does not appear to be plagerizing anyone but appears to be reposting something he wrote.

One In Christ

The earliest posting of the material on the web appears to be here on November 22nd, 2008, at 06:22 PM
He does not appear to be plagerizing anyone but appears to be reposting something he wrote.

The user has the same signature as he does in that post, and john w seemed to use it in other posts here as well.

One In Christ

This is John's material.

It doesn't exist anywhere else on the internet other than another forum as the user jmwhalen.

Falsely accusing of plagiarism is not cool. Chicks don't dig that.

One In Christ

The question is if the original John W. Whalen article was originally written by him or not.

It is not anywhere else on the internet. If it was from something, it would be there. Unless you have undoubtable proof of plagiarism, you shouldn't accuse. It's defamation of character.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
It is not anywhere else on the internet. If it was from something, it would be there. Unless you have undoubtable proof of plagiarism, you shouldn't accuse. It's defamation of character.

It could be from a written article (old) not on the net. I told him to clarify and presume innocence until proven guilty.

One In Christ

It could be from a written article (old) not on the net. I told him to clarify and presume innocence until proven guilty.

I highly doubt jw wrote the post. A reward for the first person to find where he plagiarized or paraphrased it from (without giving credit). If he can prove he wrote it himself without any similar source, I will eat my hat and be jw's slave for life (or at least a week).

On your mark, get set, GO!

See, this is typical jw. I can't believe he wrote the other post.:loser:

Yeah. You look like your presuming innocence.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
This is John's material.

It doesn't exist anywhere else on the internet other than another forum as the user jmwhalen.

Falsely accusing of plagiarism is not cool. Chicks don't dig that.

Do you really buy that "chick" stuff?

You are new around here and seem quite gullible.

Nang

One In Christ

Do you really buy that "chick" stuff?

You are new around here and seem quite gullible.

Nang

Do you really think everyone is being serious when they say "Chicks dig me"? Am I being gullible because I'm defending John? Tell me why you would say that.

I'm trying to add humor to an otherwise shameful and embarrassing situation.

One In Christ

I have plucked out about 20 short phrases through the post. None of them point to anywhere but this forum and that one other forum, with the user jmwhalen.

and I've looked on multiple search engines

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I have plucked out about 20 short phrases through the post. None of them point to anywhere but this forum and that one other forum, with the user jmwhalen.

and I've looked on multiple search engines

Have you ever thought that perhaps john w has also borrowed a version of the name of the poster jmwhalen?

Not accusing him of such, but I have heard of such things happening on the internet.

Nang

One In Christ

Have you ever thought that perhaps john w has also borrowed a version of the name of the poster jmwhalen?

Not accusing him of such, but I have heard of such things happening on the internet.

Nang

I have thought of this. But everyone seems to want to suck his blood dry without proof... I'm trying to give the man the benefit of the doubt.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Save us some time. Who was the original author/source?
Lets just say I have read pieces and parts from that same post in other posts dating back to at least 2002. The words get changed just a tad and the order of the paragraphs might be slightly different or shortened but it's essentially the same post.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And again... this isn't a huge offense or anything. Just give a source credit that's all we ask.

I've quoted tons of sources in my day. In my early days of posting on the web I failed to give credit a few times and I was called on it. I realized it seemed disingenuous even though that wasn't my intention. Now days I do my best to always give proper credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.