JohnW. POTD Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

One In Christ

Lets just say I have read pieces and parts from that same post in other posts dating back to at least 2002. The words get changed just a tad and the order of the paragraphs might be slightly different or shortened but it's essentially the same post.

Well i'll be darned... :burnlib:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
And again... this isn't a huge offense or anything. Just give a source credit that's all we ask.

I've quoted tons of sources in my day. In my early days of posting on the web I failed to give credit a few times and I was called on it. I realized it seemed disingenuous even though that wasn't my intention. Now days I do my best to always give proper credit.

It seems especially important to own up to using another's language, when you are being lauded for the words that are not your own.

One In Christ

It seems especially important to own up to using another's language, when you are being lauded for the words that are not your own.

You're right.

Thank you for the "gracious words"(Luke 4:22 KJV), Mr. Deeds goes to town.

Perhaps I'll "hang out/chillax"(chicks which I dig taught me that) long enough to now and again post something else worthwhile(before getting banned). It depends on how I react, to the wolves reaction, who are, as they read it, grinding their teeth, and sharpening their fangs, right now. I don't like wolves, or wolf-ettes, even if they are chicks.

I vouched for you buddy. But this is just disingenuous :nono:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John W to godrulz: Maybe your god is sleeping and you need to wake him.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:doh: I suspected there was something disingenuous about the guy the way he turns on people at the drop of a hat.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
But this is just disingenuous :nono:

That is putting it about as mildly as possible.

I'm wondering if he will do the right thing now though...

The right thing to do would be to admit that he did something wrong, and apologize for it. To allow yourself to be praised for something that you didn't do is a prideful and dishonest thing.

But alas, it's so hard to be humble...isn't it? Even on an internet forum when no one really knows you anyway....

Oh well, here's hoping.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes, I agree.

This isn't the first time John has been caught doing this.

John made this post HERE, which was from a website written by Justin Johnson HERE

John was also caught HERE copying from a website written by Paul Martin Henebury and taking credit for it.

IMO, it's why he gets so angry and nasty when follow up questions are made to his posts. He can't answer the questions because it wasn't his material, so his only option is to attack the person who asks the question; which is what he always does.

I don't really care if someone copies and pastes. The goal here should be to seek the truth, no matter who wrote what. My problem with John is his constant attacks on anyone who questions what he posts.

And, if your reading this John, please un-ban yourself and come back. No one is going to care. Since you have distain for local churches, this is probably the next best place for you to be.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, I agree.

This isn't the first time John has been caught doing this.

John made this post HERE, which was from a website written by Justin Johnson HERE

It is a copy and paste, but you cited the wrong article for the copy and paste. I read them both and they don't match. He copied and pasted from something else. ;)

I had a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind that he might be copying and pasting because the long posts were very sophisticated. His short posts were very sophomoric.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
While the content of the post still deserves a :first:, JohnW- thanks for taking the credit for someone else's thoughts. C'mon, bro- chicks don't dig plagarists. Plus, now I feel like the back end of Baalam's favored mode of transportation for getting so furious at folks for accusing you of plagarism.

At least give a dude a heads up next time...:sozo2:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I still have not seen conclusive evidence he plagiarized (my suspicion). It is also odd he is not denying it, but hiding now. Regardless, his integrity and credibility is suspect at the best of times....but I'm the big idiot?!

SaulToPaul 2

I still have not seen conclusive evidence he plagiarized (my suspicion). It is also odd he is not denying it, but hiding now. Regardless, his integrity and credibility is suspect at the best of times....but I'm the big idiot?!

What makes a person credible (believable)?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
What makes a person credible (believable)?

People who do not lie, people who do not believe and promote things not based on evidence, people who do not plagiarize without credit, people who do not misrepresent others, etc.

SaulToPaul 2

People who do not lie, people who do not believe and promote things not based on evidence, people who do not plagiarize without credit, people who do not misrepresent others, etc.

You said plagiarism hasn't yet been proven.

What's one of john's lies?

Status
Not open for further replies.