Kentucky clerk who refused gay couples taken into federal custody; ordered jailed

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
we now have a hero
and
we also see those who just talk about their beliefs

Including the corrupt judge (Am 8:5).
images
He admits he's a legal positivist--rubber stamp lawlessness. :idunno:

Last edited:

HisServant

She danced with the devil when she got elected to the position... how she has to do something she doesn't like and should just bite the bullet and do what scripture states.

Which is...

Work for your master to the best of your ability... as if your master was God.

TracerBullet

I suppose then that this case will be very telling, and set a precedent for future such cases. What will happen after she is jailed? What further recourse will she have? Is there a religious liberty savvy attorney firm
which will show where the civil ends and the religious begins?

Her right to hate ends when it infringes on the rights of others

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fags go to hell and so do their supporters. I know their heart by what they confess. Violation of the 1st amendment. Reason number 14,563 to impeach the Kenyan.

TracerBullet

Non-Sodomite blacks disagree with you (Ac 17:26). :dizzy:

"I still hear people say that I should not be talking about the rights of lesbian and gay people and I should stick to the issue of racial justice, But I hasten to remind them that Martin Luther King Jr. said, 'Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.' I appeal to everyone who believes in Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream to make room at the table of brother- and sisterhood for lesbian and gay people,"
Coretta Scott King

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would you be championing a clerk who refused, because of his/her religious beliefs, to issue marriage licences to black people?

No, why? "Black" as you mean refers to an ethnic group of people. What the Bible calls a "nation". Sodomizers, fags, queers, gays refers to sexual perverts, behavior. There is no comparison.

HisServant

No, why? "Black" as you mean refers to an ethnic group of people. What the Bible calls a "nation". Sodomizers, fags, queers, gays refers to sexual perverts, behavior. There is no comparison.

Yet, God did not destroy Sodom purely due to their sexual deviance...

Buzzword

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people are still going in circles over this.

For me, it comes down to two simple facts:
1) She was court-ordered to do her job.
2) Refusing to comply with a court order is a crime.

Thus, she's going to jail.
And rightly so.

Here we find an example of the difference between "willful ignorance" and "belligerent ignorance".

A willfully ignorant person in her situation would have quit the job with a clear conscience.

Belligerently ignorant people such as Davis are not content to simply not-believe. They have been indoctrinated to think of themselves as soldiers in a war, and therefore must not only cling to their own ignorance like a life-raft, but must do everything in their power to force as many people as possible to accept and cling to their ignorance as well.

Davis and her fellow belligerent ignoramuses think of themselves as "taking a stand," holding back the night with a single flickering candle.
In reality, they are attempting to hold back the DAY, wrapping themselves in whatever shadows of hatred, bigotry, and cognitive dissonance they can find.
And of course, like anyone else trying to keep the sun from rising, they are failing and being blinded and immolated like so many other societal vampires.

Lexington'96

Would you be championing a clerk who refused, because of his/her religious beliefs, to issue marriage licences to black people?

The two issues are only related in some people's minds. The Civil Rights marchers prayed to God and often sangs Christian songs. The most famous civil rights leader, MLK Jr. was a preacher. The same was seen in the abolitionist movement a century earlier.

The LGBT rights movement, on the other hand, rejects God and His design for the family and human sexuality. The movement has it's roots in the sexual revolution, not the Civil Rights movement.

bybee

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people are still going in circles over this.

For me, it comes down to two simple facts:
1) She was court-ordered to do her job.
2) Refusing to comply with a court order is a crime.

Thus, she's going to jail.
And rightly so.

Here we find an example of the difference between "willful ignorance" and "belligerent ignorance".

A willfully ignorant person in her situation would have quit the job with a clear conscience.

Belligerently ignorant people such as Davis are not content to simply not-believe. They have been indoctrinated to think of themselves as soldiers in a war, and therefore must not only cling to their own ignorance like a life-raft, but must do everything in their power to force as many people as possible to accept and cling to their ignorance as well.

Davis and her fellow belligerent ignoramuses think of themselves as "taking a stand," holding back the night with a single flickering candle.
In reality, they are attempting to hold back the DAY, wrapping themselves in whatever shadows of hatred, bigotry, and cognitive dissonance they can find.
And of course, like anyone else trying to keep the sun from rising, they are failing and being blinded and immolated like so many other societal vampires.

What a hateful post.
That is not at all what she is doing.

Lexington'96

Thomas Massie, the US Representative in Davis' district, pointed out that she had a job and the job description suddenly and abruptly changed. She was elected expecting to only have to issue licenses for opposite-sex couples but the Supreme Court said that she had to now give licenses to same-sex couples.

fool

Hall of Fame
Thomas Massie, the US Representative in Davis' district, pointed out that she had a job and the job description suddenly and abruptly changed. She was elected expecting to only have to issue licenses for opposite-sex couples but the Supreme Court said that she had to now give licenses to same-sex couples.

So she should resign if she can't do the job.