More Lunacy from the Trump Camp...

Quetzal

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down," the Republican presidential candidate said at a Nov. 21 rally in Birmingham, Ala. "And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

Trump said he "watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering" as the World Trade Center collapsed.

This defies basic logic. If thousands and thousands of people were celebrating the 9/11 attacks on American soil, many people beyond Trump would remember it. And in the 21st century, there would be video or visual evidence.

Instead, all we found were a couple of news articles that described rumors of celebrations that were either debunked or unproven.

Trump’s recollection of events in New Jersey in the hours after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks flies in the face of all the evidence we could find. We rate this statement Pants on Fire.
Source

I feel sorry for anyone who gets caught up in this cartoon character's whirlwind.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Oddly enough some Israelis were indeed documented celebrating the attacks (and were in fact arrested shortly after). But no, this Palestinian rejoicing story seems like a complete and total...umm...yeah. Lie.

Quetzal

No Trump apologists this morning? That's too bad. I was looking forward to your creative responses to try to convince me that this con artist deserves to be in the White House.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The best they'll be able to come up with is some lame kind of retort that "Well, Muslims were rejoicing, one way or another!" They have no choice but to outright ignore the specifics of what Trump said and will resort to saying he got the general "spirit" of his comments more or less correct (which still wouldn't be true).

Granite

Hall of Fame
"Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

"There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down."

Again, absolutely none of this happened.

Nazaroo

Clearly Trump exaggerated for hyperbolic effect.

Only a few thousand muslims in North America cheered on 9/11.

And how did he observe them? He must have been wearing a burka...

burka_1869287c.jpg

PureX

Actually, it's not impossible that a crowd in the streets of Jersey City cheered when the buildings fell. Not because they were Muslims, and not because they hate America, but because it was simply a giant spectacle of destruction and Jersey City is a tough place. A place where a crowd would chant "jump" at someone contemplating suicide on the edge of a building.

I don't know if what Trump claimed, happened (the cheering crowd), but if it did, it wasn't because they were muslim. It was because that's what America is like in it's failing cities, these days.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Source

I feel sorry for anyone who gets caught up in this cartoon character's whirlwind.

What he said was true, the cheering was coming from a primarily Muslim community and they were even passing out candy to children in celebration.

I saw it on the news myself. I remember it because it was so pathetic.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He said specifically Muslims in Jersey. The guy lied, okay? Just flat-out lied.

From the very Liberal Washington Post Sept. 18, 2001

"In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river."

Full Article HERE

Granite

Hall of Fame

"In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river."

Full Article HERE

Thanks, tet, that's been addressed already.

Quetzal

Full Article HERE
That has been debunked.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That has been debunked.

You mean, has since been pc'd over and scrubbed, i saw the video of it myself - shown back then.

Now its "wrong" to show "them" in any way except positive to keep from "blighting" them because of the actions of a "few nutjobs".

I know what i saw with my own eyes. I don't like Trump at all, I think overall hes a total phony, but he isnt wrong about this, i saw it myself.

Quetzal

You mean, has since been pc'd over and scrubbed, i saw the video of it myself - shown back then.

Now its "wrong" to show "them" in any way except positive to keep from "blighting" them because of the actions of a "few nutjobs".

I know what i saw with my own eyes. I don't like Trump at all, I think overall hes a total phony, but he isnt wrong about this, i saw it myself.
If your word goes against what is out there, the burden of proof falls on you. If Fox News can't dig it up, no one can.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If your word goes against what is out there, the burden of proof falls on you. If Fox News can't dig it up, no one can.

I dont care if you believe me or not, i know what i saw and you were just handed an article that said it also.

Keep being spoon fed what the liberals want you to think though.

Quetzal

I dont care if you believe me or not, i know what i saw and you were just handed an article that said it also.

Keep being spoon fed what the liberals want you to think though.
Liberal rhetoric has been more accurate so far, so I will keep my money on the horse that will win the race.