NAACP leader outed as white

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He's famous. Who wouldn't know him? But you could argue that what he's doing now is advancing a lie.

A lie would be to state "when the doctor delivered me, I was a girl". Has he denied that his PREVIOUS gender was altered to that of a female?

Just because I see what he did as odd and cannot understand it, doesn't mean he lied about his previous identity.

Sure. She wanted to pass for the thing she considered herself. She invented a lie to cement it. That sort of thing happens all the time, only most people lie smaller. They puff their IQ, or test scores or how successful their businesses are, how great their mate is and on and on.

To me it's only degree and a function of desire. The root appears to be the same and the result is arguably not much different.

Her lie involved deceiving OTHER people because those who did not know her previously, believed she was black.

Is Bruce trying to convince anyone that he isn't the guy who had a recent gender change to make himself appear as female? Did Bruce make up a story about the race of his parents?

IF this woman had not been outed, would anyone know she was actually a white woman?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's a question that popped into my mind, and I have no idea what the answer is.

Since a male's DNA chromosome structure xy does not change to the female xx after being transgendered; then if a male (xy) and a transgendered male (xy) conceive (if that's even possible), would all their children be males (xy) since both parents were xy?

BTW, this would mean that Jenner's DNA would still classify him as male no matter how much surgery and hormone intake one goes through.

Sitamun

Here's a question that popped into my mind, and I have no idea what the answer is.

Since a male's DNA chromosome structure xy does not change to the female xx after being transgendered; then if a male (xy) and a transgendered male (xy) conceive (if that's even possible), would all their children be males (xy) since both parents were xy?

BTW, this would mean that Jenner's DNA would still classify him as male no matter how much surgery and hormone intake one goes through.

While there is a surgery to fix the "outer" sexual organs, it can not give a male transgender (to female) functioning ovaries.... at least not yet. Who knows what science and medicine could do in the future though. However, in theory if I remember correctly only one letter in the xx/xy is present in the sperm or egg. This could present a problem in a possible new gender yy. This is theoretical only, and not possible at present. I'm not even sure a gender yy could exist.

drbrumley

The Left Continues To Flip Out
Lew Rockwell

Don’t you understand? A white woman identifying as black is retrograde, fraudulent, and pure evil. A man identifying as a woman is heroic, thrilling, progressive, and enticing. Got it? Or do we need to send you to a regime reeducation camp?

:rotfl:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not evil. Deceptive. That's it. One admitted to gender change surgery ... the other lied by stating her parents were biracial.

IF the woman wishes to pretend she is black, not a problem. I also don't have a problem if a bird builds a nest on her ever growing nose

drbrumley

Alleged Racial Scandal

Llewellyn H. Rockwell

We’re all supposed to be outraged because a white woman, outed by her reactionary parents, claimed to be black, and is an official of the NAACP in Spokane. The WA state government is investigating her for checking the black box on a form. The normally progressive Daily Beast even calls her a “huckster.” But isn’t this just retrograde thinking? Since race, like gender, is a social construct, she may feel herself to be a black person trapped in a white body. Why isn’t she to be applauded for her courage? Social calumny awaits any who disagree.

UPDATE She is, of course, transracial.

UPDATE Ha ha ha ha!

drbrumley

Not evil. Deceptive. That's it. One admitted to gender change surgery ... the other lied by stating her parents were biracial.

IF the woman wishes to pretend she is black, not a problem. I also don't have a problem if a bird builds a nest on her ever growing nose

Well, Jenner lies to himself and to society. No difference here...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A lie would be to state "when the doctor delivered me, I was a girl".
That would be one lie, to be sure.

Has he denied that his PREVIOUS gender was altered to that of a female?
I didn't say he did. What I'm suggesting is that he's a man. What is he attempting to lay claim to? It isn't masculinity. And it isn't true, can't be even by appearances without an alteration/mutilation of his body.

Just because I see what he did as odd and cannot understand it, doesn't mean he lied about his previous identity.
I'm saying that in one context presenting anything other than the biological truth is entirely a lie.

Her lie involved deceiving OTHER people because those who did not know her previously, believed she was black.
I don't see a great deal of difference in any meaningful way. You don't think there is a genetic link in her to black ancestors? Bet you a dollar and a doughnut. And the notion of what is black or not is mostly an invention, one that has had any number of subdivisions in recent history. So I still say she's inarguably closer to a truth than Jenner.

I suspect she receives a different and negative treatment because she's a "white woman" attempting to pass herself off as a minority member. I wonder what the response would be if there was a woman of mixed ancestry attempting to pass herself off as "white". I'm betting it would be sorrow and compassion from many of the corners quick to condemn and bluster at this woman.

Is Bruce trying to convince anyone that he isn't the guy who had a recent gender change to make himself appear as female? Did Bruce make up a story about the race of his parents?
No one is talking about him reinventing who he was, but what is he attempting to pass himself off as, what narrative is he running about who he actually is and what he wants to become and be seen as?

IF this woman had not been outed, would anyone know she was actually a white woman?
:idunno:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He lies about being a woman...pretty simple.

Oh ... you believe that he had a gender change because he didn't know he was born a man?

The reality is that he didn't lie about his sex change. The woman lied about her parentage.

The sex change ... that he didn't lie about ... offends you.

drbrumley

Oh ... you believe that he had a gender change because he didn't know he was born a man?

The reality is that he didn't lie about his sex change. The woman lied about her parentage.

The sex change ... that he didn't lie about ... offends you.

What sex change? He is still a guy. Or are just oblivious to that?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That would be one lie, to be sure.

I didn't say he did. What I'm suggesting is that he's a man. What is he attempting to lay claim to? It isn't masculinity. And it isn't true, can't be even by appearances without an alteration/mutilation of his body.

Of course he was born a man. The surgery only changed his appearance. Unless you can show me where he lied about having surgery, there is no lie.

Personally, I think it's odd and cannot conceive anyone wanting to change their gender. IF someone asked me if they should, I would try to persuade them against it.

IF they did it anyways, and walked through my door and told me "I didn't have surgery, I was born like this" I would be offended that they lied.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Of course he was born a man. The surgery only changed his appearance. Unless you can show me where he lied about having surgery, there is no lie.
The lie would be found in transforming his body into the appearance of a thing he isn't. If you didn't know him what would you think approaching him? What narrative is he selling?

And there you have it. Lies aren't always singularly what we say. They can be the creation of a misleading impression. If a person pretends to virtue but lives a private life of vice, same thing. It's a lie.

drbrumley

Oh. You didn't know he had surgery.

I dont care what surgery he has had. It is impossible to change your gender. He can say he is now a woman, and that's a lie. They can cut his thing off, do all sorts of nasty stuff to him.....he is still a guy. This isn't rocket science here

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The lie would be found in transforming his body into the appearance of a thing he isn't.

THAT is not what I was referring to ...

If you didn't know him what would you think approaching him? What narrative is he selling?

That's just it. I don't know him. The only thing the world knows is that he had the surgery. Now the public knows that if Bruce Jenner approaches them, he had surgery to change his gender.

And there you have it. Lies aren't always singularly what we say. They can be the creation of a misleading impression. If a person pretends to virtue but lives a private life of vice, same thing. It's a lie.

That's fine and dandy and all ... but you still have not shown a lie.

This is what we know. Bruce Jenner was born a man. Bruce Jenner wanted to be a woman. Bruce Jenner decided to have surgery so he could live as a woman. Bruce Jenner ANNOUNCED to the world that he had the surgery.

I guess it's one of those "telling the whole world what I did" types of lies ...

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why isn't Jenner a liar? He isn't a woman, but considers himself one. Black is how she identifies, sees herself.

I can't tell if you're pretending to be dense or not.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ya know, the harshest criticisms of Dolezal I've encountered so far have come from the left. Jezebel, The Daily Beast, Huff Post, Raw Story--not exactly a big rallying to her defense. And rightfully so. Her lies have done damage (and will continue to do so). There may be some outliers here and there but by and large most folks are not okay with her deception. And from what I can tell the idea of being "transracial" is being answered with the scoffing and mockery it deserves.

There's not anything to rejoice about here. The whole situation's pathetic and pretty unfortunate.

Last edited: