ECT No grace came through Paul.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
Heb 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.
LOL

You believing it happened does not mean it really happened.

Salvation has stages. You have not entered the Holy Place through the blood of Christ.
Salvation is by grace through His faith. I trusted the Lord believing the gospel of Christ and was simultaneously saved, identified by one Spirit into one body and sealed unto the day of redemption. You don't like it, but it's a done deal and there isn't a thing you can do about it.

If you truly knew Christ then you would have entered the Kingdom of God and obeyed the King.
Colossians 1:12-14 KJV

It is ongoing since the Apostles received power from on high.---

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

The commission is for this age--

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Nonsense. Romans 3:21-22 KJV
The Church is built on the foundation layed by all the Apostles and Prophets.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
The apostles and prophets that Paul speaks of are not the 12 to Israel. Ephesians is mystery truth! It is not according to prophecy!

Rom 15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:
Why you pulled this verse I have no idea, but tell me: If as you say they all were preaching the same thing, what difference would it make if Paul went and preached where the 12 were preaching?

That is what that verse is about. It's about not going where the 12 were that Paul not build on their foundation which would have been different! Here in Acts 16, Paul and those with him were told to NOT go by the Spirit for that very reason!

Acts 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

Acts 16:7 After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.
Paul was not the first, nor the only one to build on the chief corner stone of the foundation of Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

The truth looks crooked to the crooked.
:rolleyes:

john w

Hall of Fame
Others were IN Christ before Paul.

LA

Agreed. And? That is quite irrelevant to your "argument," Cousin It.

"The Church is built on the foundation layed by all the Apostles and Prophets.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; "-Cousin It

"Made up.

Those are the apostles and prophets "post Paul," not the 12 apostles, and not the "OT prophets.""-John W

The chronological order:

"OT"-prophets, then apostles

Luke 11:49 KJV Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

"Post Paul"-prophets, then apostles

1 Corinthians 12:28 KJV-notice the order...details..

And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:29 KJV-notice the order...details...

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

Ephesians 2:20 KJV-notice the order...details...

and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone

The bible is a book of details, precise, full of wisdom, in contrast to LALaw, who is sloppy, besides being full of sophistry, hot air, and ignorant.

Contrasts.

I like 'em, Mikey.

The brilliant, humble, saint(memorize)John W has done it again....You are welcome, TOL.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agreed. And? That is quite irrelevant to your "argument," Cousin It.

"The Church is built on the foundation layed by all the Apostles and Prophets.
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; "-Cousin It

"Made up.

Those are the apostles and prophets "post Paul," not the 12 apostles, and not the "OT prophets.""-John W

The chronologica order:

"OT"-prophets, then apostles

Luke 11:49 KJV Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

"Post Paul"-prophets, then apostles

1 Corinthians 12:28 KJV-notice the order...details..

And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:29 KJV-notice the order...details...

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

Ephesians 2:20 KJV-notice the order...details...

and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone

The bible is a book of details, precise, full of wisdom, in contrast to LALaw, who is sloppy, besides being full of sophistry, hot air, and ignorant.

Contrasts.

I like 'em, Mikey.

The brilliant, humble, saint(memorize)John W has done it again....You are welcome, TOL.

That is falsehood.

The Apostles and Prophets built on the foundation corner stone of Christ.

There are 12 names of the Apostles in the foundation.

Paul was not one of the twelve.

Paul was an example to all apostles who would come after him.

The Church began on the day of Pentecost.

Paul came later, and Barnabas and other prophets learnt the revelation of the one Church along with Paul.

Act 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
Act 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

God was most careful that the Church be all one, by not giving the Holy Spirit to the Samarians until Apostles came from Jerusalem.

MAD wants it that the church is divided, nay that there are two churches and two gospels.

MAD places itself under the curse--

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
LOL

Salvation is by grace through His faith. I trusted the Lord believing the gospel of Christ and was simultaneously saved, identified by one Spirit into one body and sealed unto the day of redemption. You don't like it, but it's a done deal and there isn't a thing you can do about it.

Colossians 1:12-14 KJV

Nonsense. Romans 3:21-22 KJV
The apostles and prophets that Paul speaks of are not the 12 to Israel. Ephesians is mystery truth! It is not according to prophecy!

Why you pulled this verse I have no idea, but tell me: If as you say they all were preaching the same thing, what difference would it make if Paul went and preached where the 12 were preaching?

That is what that verse is about. It's about not going where the 12 were that Paul not build on their foundation which would have been different! Here in Acts 16, Paul and those with him were told to NOT go by the Spirit for that very reason!

Acts 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

Acts 16:7 After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.
1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

:rolleyes:

Great post!

john w

Hall of Fame
MAD places itself under the curse-
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed

Made up. The gospel of Christ, the good news, referenced above,"which we have preached unto you," is the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV that Paul preached, which is not equivalent to "the gospel of the kingdom," that your saint Judas preached, and your "works based" "good news," that you and your fellow Galatian children of the devil preach, which places you under a curse, Cousin It.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by heir View Post
I endevour to keep the unity of the Spirit to which there is only one baptism. Why don't you (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV)?

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
Heb 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.

Quote:
I was baptized by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). I believe it happened simultaneously when I believed the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation and was saved and sealed (Ephesians 1:13 KJV).

You believing it happened does not mean it really happened.

Salvation has stages. You have not entered the Holy Place through the blood of Christ.

Quote:
don't be ridiculous. I know Whom I have believed.

If you truly knew Christ then you would have entered the Kingdom of God and obeyed the King.
Quote:
What's the "go ye therefore", there for? That commission hasn't happened yet.
Acts 2:22 KJV, Acts 2:36 KJV

It is ongoing since the Apostles received power from on high.---

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

The commission is for this age--

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The Church is built on the foundation layed by all the Apostles and Prophets.

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Rom 15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

Paul was not the first, nor the only one to build on the chief corner stone of the foundation of Christ.

Quote:
You are all over the place, LA Lost

The truth looks crooked to the crooked.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Made up. The gospel of Christ, the good news, referenced above,"which we have preached unto you," is the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV that Paul preached, which is not equivalent to "the gospel of the kingdom," that your saint Judas preached, and your "works based" "good news," that you and your fellow Galatian children of the devil preach, which places you under a curse, Cousin It.

Both are a part of the single gospel of Christ.

You preach two churches and two gospels and two peoples.

You preach against the work of Christ.

You are an unbeliever.

Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

LA

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You are an unbeliever.

Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

LA
Decided not to try to read that gaudy green/yellow.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Decided not to try to read that gaudy green/yellow.

Wot gaudy green/yellow?

You are an unbeliever.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wot gaudy green/yellow?

You are an unbeliever.

green print with yellow highlighting. Yuk!

Paul shows that there are two Gospels written (one to the circumcised, one to the uncircumcised) to two peoples (Jews and Gentiles) and Paul presents that his preaching is through revelation by Jesus Christ. Galatians 2:7 and Galatians 1:12.

I believe in the Triune God. By definition, an Orthodox Christian. You on the other hand are not.

Right Divider

Body part
Wot gaudy green/yellow?

You are an unbeliever.

When Jesus Christ sent them out to preach the kingdom is at hand, what did they preach and why were they not allowed to go to the Gentiles?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When Jesus Christ sent them out to preach the kingdom is at hand, what did they preach and why were they not allowed to go to the Gentiles?

The disciples preached the Kingdom of God was at hand and after Christs resurrection they preached Christ made the way to enter it, and Peter and all the Apostles and prophets since have preached to every man how one may enter it, beginning at Jerusalem and into all of the world.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
green print with yellow highlighting. Yuk!

Paul shows that there are two Gospels written (one to the circumcised, one to the uncircumcised) to two peoples (Jews and Gentiles) and Paul presents that his preaching is through revelation by Jesus Christ. Galatians 2:7 and Galatians 1:12.

I believe in the Triune God. By definition, an Orthodox Christian. You on the other hand are not.

You preach two churches ,two gospels, two peoples, and three Gods.

LA