Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

It seems that time is created, just as everything else there is was created. I don't know that time is an 'attribute' of God, but I don't believe that time has always been or God never would have reached the moment that He started creation, since time would go back eternally. It's a logical impossibility.

WOW!!! --- The Carnal is in Time, and the Spiritual is not in Time. How simple does it have to be for you guys??? - If one is in Christ, there is no time; just for the Fools who are under the Son, and not under Heaven. It's Simple!!!

Paul -- 073013

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It seems that time is created, just as everything else there is was created. I don't know that time is an 'attribute' of God, but I don't believe that time has always been or God never would have reached the moment that He started creation, since time would go back eternally. It's a logical impossibility.
I'll just wait for you to post the verse showing that time was created...
sonictap01.gif

Paulos

"I have seen the business that God has given to the sons of men to be busy with. He has made everything beautiful in its time; also he has put eternity into man's mind, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end." (Ecclesiastes 3:10-11)​

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
"I have seen the business that God has given to the sons of men to be busy with. He has made everything beautiful in its time; also he has put eternity into man's mind, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end." (Ecclesiastes 3:10-11)​
And this is supposed to prove what?

Letsargue

The First thing God "EVER" "DID", was the first TIME He "EVER" did anything, if God did it Twice, He did it 2 TIMES!! -- You are TOOO Blind to see it the First TIME, or ANY'TIME anything Ever (( happend )), or at least This TIME!!! - What happens after the last TIME??

Now Smart Guy, where is the Ghost of something if nothing happends any TIME??? If it didn't happen, how many TIMES did it happen -- NO TIME!!! -- Get IT "NOW", this TIME????

Paul -- 073113

Aimiel

I'll just wait for you to post the verse showing that time was created...
sonictap01.gif
The Bible starts with God creating time...

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

It didn't say, "First day of the new creation," or, "First 'earth' day," It said: "First day." God created the first day. Adding to that word can make your imagined 'time has always been around' idea seem true, but reading and listening to that word 'first day' is what really matters... and it does say: "First day."

Letsargue

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

It didn't say, "First day of the new creation," or, "First 'earth' day," It said: "First day." God created the first day. Adding to that word can make your imagined 'time has always been around' idea seem true, but reading and listening to that word 'first day' is what really matters... and it does say: "First day."

You started with a balled face LIE to support your BOSS Here!!! - Any Fool can see the connection between you and your friend, and This fourm. --- It's desperate to overcome anything that disputes the doctrines here!!! - Any fool can see that!!

Paul -- 073113

Letsargue

The first DAY, ( to ) the Seventh Day ( were nothing but ) (( Night / Darkness ))!! There were NO Sunny-Days of God's Truth, until the Seventh Day!! - Just Read it, - that's what God is saying, (( "And the (( "EVENING" )), (( AND )) (( "MORNING" )) ( WERE ) the division of days, they were all in the darkness of Truth and sun until the fifth day that was still the ( Day ) of darkness!!! Just Read it!!! In order to have day and night, it would have to be, - "Evening" and "Evening" and that's the Day!! --- 2 and 2 is 4!!!

Paul -- 073113

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Day is a measurement of time, not time itself, twit.

Aimiel

I have no doubt what the sentence means... "... the first day," doesn't mean the first earth day, it means the very first day that time was measured.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I have no doubt what the sentence means... "... the first day," doesn't mean the first earth day, it means the very first day that time was measured.
The very first time time was measured? It might very well mean that. However, that is irrelevant, as the fact that it was never before measured does not mean that it never before existed.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

The context is creation week and the unique measures of earth time including sun, moon, stars (now clocks, watches, etc.).

This does not preclude endless duration of time in the triune relations before material creation.

The measures of time (physical) should not be confused with the concept of time (philosophical). Time as duration is endless. Unique measures of time with physical objects do have a beginning, unlike time itself.

Letsargue

God was in His Rest, and was quickened by the Word that was with Him / the Word, and the Word that was with the Word interpreted the dream by the Word that was in His Rest. Thus we have the Word by the Word of the dream.

By the way, this is Called, the Tongues of Angels, and fools cannot understand these Tongues.

Paul – 080313

Aimiel

The very first time time was measured? It might very well mean that. However, that is irrelevant, as the fact that it was never before measured does not mean that it never before existed.
What God created was without form and void, because time and space didn't exist. He brought them into existence, obviously.

Aimiel

The measures of time (physical) should not be confused with the concept of time (philosophical). Time as duration is endless. Unique measures of time with physical objects do have a beginning, unlike time itself.
Time 'itself' cannot exist outside anything to mark it's existence. Since nothing but God existed, there was no time, obviously, from the text: "... the first day." Were time infinite, God would NEVER reach the first second of creation, since time goes back eternally.

Aimiel

God was in His Rest, and was quickened by the Word that was with Him / the Word, and the Word that was with the Word interpreted the dream by the Word that was in His Rest. Thus we have the Word by the Word of the dream.

By the way, this is Called, the Tongues of Angels, and fools cannot understand these Tongues.
You are steadfastly incomprehensible... I have yet to ever read a single one of your posts that I can make heads or tails out of... sorry.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
What God created was without form and void, because time and space didn't exist. He brought them into existence, obviously.

The phrase without form and void does not mean nothing was there at the moment. It means it was not organized like perfect creation. I don't see how you read no time/space into the phrase. Chaos went to complexity, but there is nothing in the phrases to support no time.

Time is not a created thing like the measures of time are. You have an assumption, not a self-evident fact.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Time 'itself' cannot exist outside anything to mark it's existence. Since nothing but God existed, there was no time, obviously, from the text: "... the first day." Were time infinite, God would NEVER reach the first second of creation, since time goes back eternally.

Ps. 90:2 There is a moment before and after creation. Endless time (duration, sequence, succession) is fully consistent with Scripture, logic, science.

If we get rid of every time piece in the world, time still marches on because it is a concept of duration, not a thing like a rock or person. You can stare at a clock and measure time consciously. When you are sleeping or if the clock battery dies, succession still marches on.

God had triune, personal relations before material creation that involved succession in His being (think, act, feel successively like Scripture shows vs eternal now Platonic philosophy adopted by Augustine that you now uncritically embrace).

Rev. 1:4 show past, present, future (tensed vs timeless) in relation to God.

I AM means self-existent, not timeless.

Alpha and Omega is eternality, no beginning, no end, not timeless, no sequence.

Wrong assumptions lead to wrong conclusions.

Jesus experienced time fully as the God-Man. There is no problem for a personal being to experience duration. Timelessness is not found in Scripture nor is it logical, just pagan philosophical.

If you think time is a limitation for God like it is for us, you are wrong.

I do not see why you cling to a wrong idea when alternate ones are more evidence based. If you are not familiar with the academic debate about time, I would be slower to be so closed/dogmatic about your view.

Status
Not open for further replies.