Shots fired near Cal Sate University Northridge; students receiving reverse 911 calls

Granite

Hall of Fame
:yawn: Hmmm....How 'bout that.

Believers in the Religion of America consider the founders semi-divine and the Declaration and Constitution close to God-breathed. That the Constitution's intended to be amended (duh) doesn't seem to factor into their thinking. You can imagine the outrage that would fill the airwaves if anyone actually suggested dusting off the Constitution and changing a few things.

jzeidler

This is why there should be no fun-free zones and the second amendment shouldn't be infringed upon. This would have been over before it started if the students had a concealed carry.

Huckleberry

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/arm...explaining-why-he-didnt-attack-oregon-killer/

Or not.

So, who wants to be the first one to rip this vet to shreds?

“Luckily we made the choice not to get involved,” he explained. “We were quite a distance away from the building where this was happening. And we could have opened ourselves up to be potential targets ourselves, and not knowing where SWAT was, their response time, they wouldn’t know who we were. And if we had our guns ready to shoot, they could think that we were bad guys.”

Parker noted that he was hustled into a classroom with other students by a professor who asked if anyone was armed. He said he raised his hand and said he would attempt to protect his fellow students if they came under attack.
Not seeing the problem. That was the smart thing to do. :idunno:

I think the problem is that when you say things like: "the bizarre I Wanna Be a Superhero fantasies so many folks have of killing an intruder graveyard dead", you're projecting.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Not seeing the problem. That was the smart thing to do. :idunno:

I think the problem is that when you say things like: "the bizarre I Wanna Be a Superhero fantasies so many folks have of killing an intruder graveyard dead", you're projecting.

Absolutely not. The last thing on earth I ever want to find out is what a gun sounds like indoors. Do you even know what the concept of "projection" means? Clearly not in this case, either that or you don't know who you're talking to.

Huckleberry

Absolutely not. The last thing on earth I ever want to find out is what a gun sounds like indoors. Do you even know what the concept of "projection" means? Clearly not in this case, either that or you don't know who you're talking to.
I do understand the concept of projection and I can't think of a better reason why you think this guy doing what he did somehow runs contrary to responsible gun ownership. No one is stepping up to "rip this guy to shreds" because no one in the pro-gun crowd would think his actions where anything but smart and responsible. Fact is you are constantly projecting this bizarre narrative of the pro-gun crowd as people who fantasize about killing people. It's quote notable.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I do understand the concept of projection

Doesn't seem like it.

and I can't think of a better reason why you think this guy doing what he did somehow runs contrary to responsible gun ownership.

I don't. That's the point.

No one is stepping up to "rip this guy to shreds"

Wait a while.

Fact is you are constantly projecting this bizarre narrative of the pro-gun crowd as people who fantasize about killing people. It's quote notable.

Then you don't understand projection. And I don't have to guess about the macho armchair Rambos talking tough, because they do it themselves just fine.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Believers in the Religion of America consider the founders semi-divine and the Declaration and Constitution close to God-breathed. That the Constitution's intended to be amended (duh) doesn't seem to factor into their thinking. You can imagine the outrage that would fill the airwaves if anyone actually suggested dusting off the Constitution and changing a few things.

Yeah...Because the outrage of far right conservatives is such a great concern of leftists. So kind of you to care. :plain:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yeah...Because the outrage of far right conservatives is such a great concern of leftists. So kind of you to care. :plain:

You've turned into a complete turd lately, Tom Bite Me Clown. Not yourself these days. Not at all.

Maybe this is guns yet again bringing out the best in some people.

bybee

You've turned into a complete turd lately, Tom Bite Me Clown. Not yourself these days. Not at all.

It is you who bring this out in people.
Your unending litany of hatred for America and contempt for anything Conservative.
It is your sneering stance which raises my hackles ... and really ...I can be nice.

bybee

You are the poster boy for "Outraged Over everything with which I disagree citizen".

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is you who bring this out in people.
Your unending litany of hatred for America and contempt for anything Conservative.
It is your sneering stance which raises my hackles ... and really ...I can be nice.

You've bought into the con that criticism of one's country means you hate it.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Typical you would blame the gun. :plain: