Tattoos

Tattoos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JosephR

I know somone is going to bring up the Law...

So I mide as well, I think the marks the Bible is referring too pertained to worship or exhaltment of other Gods at the time the Law was given.SO they were only of extreme religious symbols.But then again I can show you pages and pages of tats that say I love Satan or have graven images.

The hip thing today is Youth Pastors have tats now, Nails representing the nails drivin thru Christs hands and feet, tated like a cross.And they love Jesus man,and because the Lord Christ Jesus lived the perfect life thru grace and faith they are counted as sinless and in the Body of Christ.

I personally have none, in my youth I did have an instilled fear of the Law and the Lord and thats why I strayed away then,I had long hair,played guitar in garage bands, drank , did recreational drugs only the ones that are now legal in some states:) ect ect but I like to think now I am just smarter then the average bear in that I have no identifying marks :)

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
I recognize you from other pics you've posted in the past.

Now, where's my washcloth?
hehe!
My Mom still says that... 15 years or so after I got my first. :chuckle:

And what's with the "atheist" bit?
I'm gonna have to wash your brain too.
She says that as well, sissy! :D Over the last couple years I've changed... it happens!

Anyway, how's the baby?

All is well. She's due December the 16th :jump::jump::jump:

rstrats

For me, tattoos are disgusting. And for those who call themselves "Christian" there is Leviticus 19:28 - "You shall not...tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord."

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AGREED -I've been surprised at the amount of "normal" people who have tattoos - both men and women - and a great number of them - even those tattoo sleeves: These used to be for drug dealers and prostitutes and lower class people. But since the '90s, it seems college educated people born after 1984 get them. :idunno: To me, it seems a form of self-mutilation......

Green-and-blue-Sleeve-Tattoo-Designs-For-Women.jpg

I don't care for them, for the most part, but I have to admit she is really pretty. Tattooed or not.

GFR7

DEETSTAT_zpsd21bd4b4.jpg

I'm on the left with the hat, the hand tattoos, and the budweiser. In response to the OP, I don't care if someone has tattoos or not. Some women with tattoos are more attractive because of them, some are not. Some women without tattoos are beautiful, and could be more so with, some wouldn't look as beautiful. We are all individuals who express ourselves differently, and thats cool with me. :cheers:

*edit... I've got around 80 hours of tattoos so far, and I don't mind answering questions for some of you who may not be comfortable asking questions to someone on the street. :D
I think tattoos look better on men than on women. Yours look fine.

musterion

In response to the OP, I don't care if someone has tattoos or not.

That is not in response to the OP. The question was not if anyone cares if other people have them; doesn't matter what any of us think about that. The question was, simply, do people find them appealing -- do they think it improves one's appearance, or detracts.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My Mom still says that... 15 years or so after I got my first. :chuckle:

She says that as well, sissy! :D Over the last couple years I've changed... it happens!
Yay for Mom!
(Tell her I'm rooting for her.)

All is well. She's due December the 16th :jump::jump::jump:
WONDERFUL!!!!!

musterion

Sub-question:

Is it sexist, unfair, inconsistent or just plain wrong to find tats on women...how to put this delicately...more unseemly than similar or identical tats on men?

Asking because I've seen this question argued elsewhere to the point of threats of physical violence (which I know we'll avoid here at TOL).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Remember those commercials about the most interesting man in the world?

This cracked me up when it said his mother had a tattoo that read "Son". :rotfl:
tattoo

shagster01

Like most people, I think some are good and some aren't. I went ahead and answered "yes" because my wife has 6 or 7 tattoos and she's smokin' hot.

I have two, and believe it or not, one of them is a cross on my arm. That would be an easy one for me to regret being that I'm not longer a Christian, but I don't. I got it at a certain time in my life where it meant something to me and even though I don't have those beliefs anymore, it still symbolizes a time in my life that molded who I am today.

I am planning on getting a half sleeve mountain scene to represent my love for Colorado's Rocky Mountains.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Yay for Mom!
(Tell her I'm rooting for her.)

She has requested that I don't tattoo my face until she's dead. :D I told her I'd never tattoo my face so she can rest easy... :chuckle: I think you'd get along wonderfully with my mother! She's a pretty awesome lady. As are you!

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Like most people, I think some are good and some aren't. I went ahead and answered "yes" because my wife has 6 or 7 tattoos and she's smokin' hot.
Awesome! My wife only has three- forgive on one wrist, forget on the other, and an anchor which is our symbol for one another. I find my wife pretty dern attractive as well. :D

I have two, and believe it or not, one of them is a cross on my arm. That would be an easy one for me to regret being that I'm not longer a Christian, but I don't. I got it at a certain time in my life where it meant something to me and even though I don't have those beliefs anymore, it still symbolizes a time in my life that molded who I am today.
I've got a big ole Jesus on my calf, and I feel the same way. Very well put.

I am planning on getting a half sleeve mountain scene to represent my love for Colorado's Rocky Mountains.
That sounds sweet!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sub-question:

Is it sexist, unfair, inconsistent or just plain wrong to find tats on women...how to put this delicately...more unseemly than similar or identical tats on men?

Asking because I've seen this question argued elsewhere to the point of threats of physical violence (which I know we'll avoid here at TOL).

Not really. I can understand the question. I would personally never cover myself with tattoos or facial piercings for two reasons: the pain and IMO, they look unfeminine. In the same way as shaving your head.

Mind you, I am not speaking of tattoos, but rather huge, can't miss it or cover it up tattoos.