Tet and Godrulz at dinner

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I'm guessing here...does that mean He could have sinned had He chosen to?

Sin is volitional and involves mind and will. Jesus was tempted (no temptation if not possible to resist or yield, just robotics), yet without sin. We are tempted and yield to sin. A denial of will and mind is a denial of the genuine humanity of Christ. Deity also has will and mind. God and the incarnate Christ would never sin, but will not is not cannot. They are praiseworthy because they are personal and righteous, not because they are the Unmoved Mover of Aristotle and Aquinas.

It is a moot point since Jesus was sinless, never sinned, never will sin and we all are sinners in need of a sinless Saviour. Those who think I am a heretic or denying the trinity, Deity of Christ, incarnation, sinlessness of Christ, etc. are theologically unsophisticated and not using critical thinking skills.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
GodRulzRandomThoughts.JPG

As a reminder GodRulz is number 28 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

See:

Godrulz

Godrulz does believe that Jesus is God and so ought not to be on the heretic list

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Godrulz does believe that Jesus is God and so ought not to be on the heretic list

Jesus is God incarnate, the Word made flesh, co-equal, co-eternal, co-essential with the Father and Holy Spirit.

Jesus is, was, will be sinless, unlike fallen men.

The issue is philosophically influenced Aquinas/Aristotle 'being' stuff relating to ontology/metaphysics vs biblical moral issues that are volitional, personal. In affirming the full Deity of Christ, we should not deny His genuine humanity.

musterion

Sin is volitional and involves mind and will. Jesus was tempted (no temptation if not possible to resist or yield, just robotics), yet without sin.

Make Hebrews 4:15 the starting point of your reasoning on this because emphasizes that He was tempted just as we are. For that to mean anything, it must mean that His temptation was not a sham but 100% valid, and that entirely apart from His possible responses to it.

Someone once pointed out that the fact He could not sin is precisely what made His temptations even greater than those which we face: as you pointed out, at least we have the outlet of giving in to the desires of the flesh, and more often than not, that's what humans will do to relieve the pressure of temptation. He did not, and I believe it's because He could not. If that's true, the fact that He could not wouldn't have lessened or cancelled the reality of the temptations and testing He faced. It would have made them worse.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sin is volitional and involves mind and will. Jesus was tempted (no temptation if not possible to resist or yield, just robotics), yet without sin. We are tempted and yield to sin. A denial of will and mind is a denial of the genuine humanity of Christ. Deity also has will and mind. God and the incarnate Christ would never sin, but will not is not cannot. They are praiseworthy because they are personal and righteous, not because they are the Unmoved Mover of Aristotle and Aquinas.

It is a moot point since Jesus was sinless, never sinned, never will sin and we all are sinners in need of a sinless Saviour. Those who think I am a heretic or denying the trinity, Deity of Christ, incarnation, sinlessness of Christ, etc. are theologically unsophisticated and not using critical thinking skills.

Welcome back. :chuckle:

God's Truth

GodRulzRandomThoughts.JPG

As a reminder GodRulz is number 28 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

See:

Godrulz
A modalist believes Jesus is God, which shows you are a false accuser of the brethren.

You should be more careful how you judge.

You also put me on the heretic list for not believing Jesus is God and for being a modalist.

I believe Jesus is God and I am not a modalist.

You are in no position to judge anyone.

By the way, you should have been reprimanded for putting devil horns on another poster's picture; because of people such as yourself is why I do not post my picture or try to make friends with anyone here.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I believe modalists can be saved despite their error, unlike Arians who deny the Deity of Christ.

If there is no possibility of giving into temptation, I would think there is no pressure, not more pressure?

Dan Emanuel

A modalist believes Jesus is God, which shows you are a false accuser of the brethren.

You should be more careful how you judge.

You also put me on the heretic list for not believing Jesus is God and for being a modalist.

I believe Jesus is God and I am not a modalist...
Yes you are. Unless you've changed you're view recently. 'Last I knew, you are a modalist. For you they're is no distinction between the Father, Son and Spirit. They are all the same to you.
...You are in no position to judge anyone.

By the way, you should have been reprimanded for putting devil horns on another poster's picture; because of people such as yourself is why I do not post my picture or try to make friends with anyone here.
I think its because your a man whose got most of the board convinced that your a woman --without actually confirming or denying it --and your not sure yet how to play this hand, so your biding you're time. Your sizing up you're enemy's, and picking you're spot.

Thats why you won't post a picture. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me its not because your a man. Go on.

DJ

musterion

If there is no possibility of giving into temptation, I would think there is no pressure, not more pressure?

I go by what the Word says in Hebrews, that He was tempted at all points as we are, yet without sin. Clearly, He must have felt whatever being "tempted at all points" evokes in men, else it's being pointed out makes no sense. If you want to go beyond that, do so. But the writer did not say, "He was tempted at all points as we are, but it wasn't really temptation," which is what you (for reasons I can't begin to guess) have eisegeted into it.

God's Truth

Yes you are. Unless you've changed you're view recently. 'Last I knew, you are a modalist. For you they're is no distinction between the Father, Son and Spirit. They are all the same to you.
Modalists say Jesus is God but that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit do NOT exist at the same time.

I do not believe like that.

Jesus is God the Father, but they DO all three exist at the same time.

I think its because your a man whose got most of the board convinced that your a woman --without actually confirming or denying it --and your not sure yet how to play this hand, so your biding you're time. Your sizing up you're enemy's, and picking you're spot.
All I want to do is tell people how they could have a miraculous experience with Jesus Christ.
Thats why you won't post a picture. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me its not because your a man. Go on.
I have been banned for trying to speak in a friendly way to others here. I am glad that my accusers do not know for sure if I am a man or a woman. People here try to tell me I am not saved, yet they do not know if I am a man or a woman!

Dan Emanuel

Modalists say Jesus is God but that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit do NOT exist at the same time.

I do not believe like that.

Jesus is God the Father, but they DO all three exist at the same time.

All I want to do is tell people how they could have a miraculous experience with Jesus Christ.

I have been banned for trying to speak in a friendly way to others here. I am glad that my accusers do not know for sure if I am a man or a woman. People here try to tell me I am not saved, yet they do not know if I am a man or a woman!
Good post. Thank you.

DJ

God's Truth

Jesus is not the Father. The Father is not the Son. Neither the Father nor the Son are the Holy Spirit. :dizzy:

As a reminder God's Truth is number 39 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

Your category is evil and false.

Jesus is God, and Jesus is the Father.

There is only one God and He is the Father.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.