The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Speaking of curvature, the flat earther should be able to prove the actual route taken was actually a straight line:

https://gizmodo.com/this-is-the-longest-straight-path-you-could-travel-on-w-1825725532

Excerpt:
Back in 2012, a Reddit user posted a map claiming to show the longest straight line that could be traversed across the ocean without hitting land. Intrigued, a pair of computer scientists have developed an algorithm that corroborates the route, while also demonstrating the longest straight line that can be taken on land.

The researchers, Rohan Chabukswar from United Technologies Research Center Ireland, and Kushal Mukherjee from IBM Research India, created the algorithm in response to a map posted by reddit user user kepleronlyknows, who goes by Patrick Anderson in real life. His map showed a long, 20,000 mile route extending from Pakistan through the southern tips of Africa and South America and finally ending in an epic trans-Pacific journey to Siberia. On a traditional 2D map, the path looks nothing like a straight line; but remember, the Earth is a sphere.​

:AMR:

AMR

That makes several kinds of nonsense, but it wouldn't be a straight line on a flat earth either.

While we're on it, how does one go THROUGH the tips of two continents while traversing oceans "without hitting land"? I know, I know, nevermind.

oatmeal

This is why we are debating flat earth

1. Experiments could not detect motion to the earth. "Soon I came to the conclusion that our idea about the motion of the Earth with respect to the ether is incorrect, if we admit Michelson’s null result as a fact. This was the first path which led me to the special theory of relativity...I have come to believe that the motion of the Earth cannot be detected by any optical experiment--Albert Einstein “How I Created the Theory of Relativity,” Dec. 14, 1922

2. The sun, moon, and stars tell us nothing about the shape of the earth. The sun and the moon are not habitations for life. They are lights in the sky that appear much smaller than the earth. They have no atmosphere, water/oceans, or forests. We observe them, along with the clouds and the stars, moving across the sky.

3. The horizon line always appears straight/flat and is never curved. The horizon always rises up to our eye level regardless of how high we go. The higher we go the further into the distance we see the land and water/oceans rise up before us as a flat plane would do, we never see the earth drop away from us as we would if the earth were a globe.

4. Everything we know about a globed earth and heliocentric universe is as "imagined" as Einstein's relative space/time universe. There exists much evidence that NASA faked the moon landings and is now faking space missions to keep us from finding out the earth is flat just as our God given senses and the Bible tell us.

--Dave

Add to that, railroad rails are closer to each other in the distance than when we look at the rails in front of our feet, there fore, the farther the object is from us the smaller they are.

Thus a friend who is 5"-10" when standing next to you, is only 3'-0" tall when standing at a distance, therefore your visual perception based on distance, not a tape measure determines the size of of object.

Since I cannot see you from where I am, you simply do not exist.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Here is the math for the curvature of the Earth with far more precise (i.e. less rounded) numbers.

The Earth's equatorial radius (r) is 3963.2 miles, based on numbers from Wikipedia.

This gives a circumference (c) of c = 2 * π (3.14159265359) * r (3963.2) = 24901.520009415776 mi

We wish to find the height (h) which is the drop in curvature over the distance (d)

Using the circumference we find that 1 mile has the angle (a)
360° / 24901.520009415776 mi = 0.01445694880729676776305327824242°.

The angle (a) is then: a = 0.01445694880729676776305327824242° * distance (d)

The derived formula h = r * (1 - cos a) is accurate for any distance (d)

View attachment 26372

So, for 1 mile we have: 3963.2 * (1 - cos 0.01445694880729676776305327824242) = .00012616067757044343015769262549997 mi

There are 5280 feet per mile.

.00012616067757044343015769262549997 * 5280 = 0.66612837757194131123261706263985 ft
UH OH! We finally got an evil 666 tossed in there! (Keep in mind, however, that this is .666 which is really only 1/1000th of 666. But what the heck, when you're crazy, it doesn't matter how tenuous the connection so please don't let that detail sway you in any way. And remember! Never drive exactly 1000 miles from your current location! Satan is sure to be there and he might take your soul to Hell! Then again, maybe he'll teach you to play guitar and you'll end up in a rock and roll band making millions! :devil::guitar::drum::devil:

There are 12 inches per foot.

0.66612837757194131123261706263985 * 12 = 7.9935405308632957347914047516782 in

Finally, circles don't have straight sides (I know - Capt. Obvious - right? Just remember the caliber of people we're dealing with here). That means that, as the distance increases, the drop accelerates geometrically. In fact, it means that it increases at the square of the margin of increase. In other words, if you multiply the distance times 2 then the drop quadruples because 2 squared is 4. If you triple the distance then the drop increases nine times because 3 squared is 9. This is why the predicted (i.e. calculated) drop at 1.3 miles (the longest usable length of the pond I intend to use to make my measurement) comes to approximately 13.5 inches (the actual number using the above math is 13.509083447704932496955923981889 in).

Clete

P.S. The numbers presented here are accurate to a ridiculously tiny margin and would only be accurate to this many decimal places at the equator and only then if the radius is precisely 3963.20000000000000000000.... miles.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
But FE has nothing to do with salvation, right?
Nope.
You're the only loon that sees that. Peculiar indeed. About proving the conventions are corporate sponsored, shills and controlled opposition. They are, no grassroots and they sell shirts and "gifts" and dvds and whatever. They don't get into flat earth proof at all. It's all fluff and all for show. Prove it's not. You only post that crap to put FE in a bad light.

Why don't you go obsess about muslims in England, that suits you.

Musty, explain exactly. Exactly what and how do you see salvation tied into earth measurements. Did I create the numbers that are used? Did I mention that people aren't saved because they call it Masonic Math. How are Masons related to salvation? For the life of me I can't see how your mind makes this bizarre connection.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
So, is the contention then that the conspiracy can only be as old as Empirical measurements (e.g. inches, feet, miles, etc.) have been in common use?

I don't remember Eratosthenes being English? :confused:

Oh and, by the way, the Earth doesn't tilt at anything close to 66.6° and never has.

Also, the 66,600 mph orbital speed of the Earth is an approximate average speed and it was not arrived at by or because of the Masons.

musterion

Prove it's not.

Prove it is.

You only post that crap to put FE in a bad light.

I'm not the one who posted an FE graphic with 666 in it. I'm not the one that keeps bringing Satan into it. You are.

Why don't you go obsess about muslims in England, that suits you.

You never had a problem with those threads before.

Musty, explain exactly. Exactly what and how do you see salvation tied into earth measurements.

I don't. Never have. But it isn't about me. It's about what you keep posting that does make that connection.

For the life of me I can't see how your mind makes this bizarre connection.

You are full of crap because you know exactly what you're doing but no one here buys your act. My hunch is, you're about to say bye-bye to TOL for life.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm not the one who posted a graphic with 666 in it.
What do the 6s in the measurements have to do with salvation? How does one's salvation come into question or danger from 666? What do you see in the number 666 that questions your salvation. Or anybody else's. These are all rhetorical as you may want to get to new page and keep posting nonsense about your salvation being in doubt because I posted an image with accurate earth measurements. . I've got plenty more to post. I realize the images are too powerful for the righteous folks here, but welcome to 2018. So I will refrain from images that y'all can't handle. Now, go ahead and drag this on with vague one liners that say nothing and avoid the questions I asked you. You're a waste of time in this thread.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Prove it is.
The burden of proof is on you to prove their views align with mine or Dave's. Get to work.

I'm not the one who posted an FE graphic with 666 in it. I'm not the one that keeps bringing Satan into it. You are.
I'm not the one who put 6s in the measurements and you aren't either. Why is noting the 6s a problem and what does it have to do with your salvation. Answer the question sir.

You never had a problem with those threads before.
Still don't. It's your area of study, flat earth and 666 are not.

I don't. Never have. But it isn't about me. It's about what you keep posting that does make that connection.
What is the connection to your salvation. Answer the question sir.

You are full of crap because you know exactly what you're doing but no one here buys your act. My hunch is, you're about to say bye-bye to TOL for life.
Nope. Your astounding intuition is wrong again as usual. What am I doing and what is the "act"? Have I not been posting images in threads for over a year, a lot? Have I not been doing a Conspiracy and FE threads since January? If I and other people, Christians or not, See a Masonic connection to many things related to space, the moon, Antarctica and malevolent secrecy a problem for you?

Am I saying anything that hasn't been said before I was even born? I'm not going anywhere bud. Settle in for the rest of my life. I'm telling the truth as I believe it to be. Is that wrong? Too touchy of a subject? Is this a feel good site now where you can only do and say what the majority wants? A handful of manipulators and control freaks? Why so emotional guys?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

musterion

The burden of proof is on you to prove their views align with mine or Dave's. Get to work.

I've already involved myself in this as much as I care to,

1) I gave you a plausible suggestion to run by whoever the FE powers that be are...the sail in a straight line idea.
2) I point out whenever you post something that implies Satan is involved with anything non-FE. Which is often.

I will continue to do point 2 as long as you keep posting stuff like that because it's out of line.

Nope. Your astounding intuition is wrong again as usual.

As usual? You never said that before.

What am I doing and what is the "act"? Have I not been posting images in threads for over a year, a lot? Have I not been doing a Conspiracy and FE threads since January? If I and other people, Christians or not, See a Masonic connection to many things related to space, the moon, Antarctica and malevolent secrecy?

All ultimately from Satan, yes?

Am I saying anything that hasn't been said before I was even born? I'm not going anywhere bud. Settle in for the rest of my life. I'm telling the truth as I believe it to be. Is that wrong? Too touchy of a subject? Is this a feel good site now where you can only do and say what the majority wants? A handful of manipulators and control freaks? Why so emotional guys?

I don't feel emotional about this, sorry. I explained it before -- you keep posting some stuff (not all...some) that brings Satan into it. That = salvation, whether you want to admit it or not.

musterion

So, if I'm following this correctly, Patrick, Mr. Conspiracy Theory himself, is objecting to your making vague and unsubstantial connections between things that would, in the mind of a rational person, be disparate and unrelated.

Have I got that right?

There's nothing vague and unsubstantial when he keeps occasionally posting FE graphics that bring Satan into it. He's denied that he thinks FE or globe belief are tied to salvation, SO one would think he'd have the taste or good sense to stop posting things that clearly DO make that connection.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
There's nothing vague and unsubstantial when he keeps occasionally posting FE graphics that bring Satan into it. He's denied that he thinks FE or globe belief are tied to salvation, SO one would think he'd have the taste or good sense to stop posting things that clearly DO make that connection.

Oh, I know that the connections you're making aren't actually vague and disparate but that is Patrick's accusation against you, isn't it?
I'm just pointing out the irony of a conspiracy theory lunatic objecting to something on the basis of, "For the life of me I can't see how your mind makes this bizarre connection."

musterion

Oh, I know that the connections you're making aren't actually vague and disparate but that is Patrick's accusation against you, isn't it?

It seems to be, yes. He thought he can gaslight me, which he can't, then tried turning it around as if I'm the one who somehow thinks either theory is tied to salvation, which I don't. To me, that spells T-R-O-L-L but it's up to someone else to make the official call.

AHPeeb

Meanwhile... NASA just launched a $1B lander to study the interior of Mars and so called "Christians" are still trying to debate that the Earth is flat.
I am willing to contend that FE is a lie perpetuated by Satan "The Father of Lies" in an attempt to not be only divide people but to also hold them back from enjoying and marveling at God's full creation of the entire universe. All those that further this lie are either willing pawns of Satan or have fallen into his trap and are being decived.
Just look at some of the images that our most powerful telescopes are revealing about how massive and how wonderful God's creation is. You can continue to live in your own little bubble and continue to deny God's ability to create a round Earth and an ever expanding universe all you want. For myself and my family, we will look to the sky and praise God for all the wonders He has created.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.