The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
FEs sometimes ask why we don't all fly off the surface of a rapidly rotating globe, as if the reason we don't fly off is because we're really on the surface of a fixed plate...the reason we don't fly off is because what we're standing on is not moving at all.

Okay, so everyone can see stars and planets rotating overhead (given time-lapse film or seasonal observations). No one argues that.

Which means either all of those stars are moving, or the plate we're on is moving. Or maybe both. But SOMETHING moves all the time.

What's moving, FEs?
Their explanation of their model.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It's a great resource for many simple facts. That article is very well documented with foot-notes to other resources.

I agree. I hear people criticize wikipedia all the time as though its just 85% crap but I've never found anything there that was anything other than informative and basically dead on.

That's not to say that there isn't plenty of stuff that's probably bad but that's true of pretty much anything.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I agree. I hear people criticize wikipedia all the time as though its just 85% crap but I've never found anything there that was anything other than informative and basically dead on.

That's not to say that there isn't plenty of stuff that's probably bad but that's true of pretty much anything.
I can think of one example where the information presented is done so deceptively, even though the information itself is accurate.

(Think Damadian...)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's N&S poles you are confused on.

Which by the way are never mentioned in the bible.
You have to help me out here. Please don't make a comment like that without explaining yourself.

Are you saying there are no north and south pole on a Flat Earth?? And if so... are there no north and south directions either?

Please explain. Lets have a conversation.

Danoh

"As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us."

This one verse proves, without doubt that, the earth is spherical.

Selah.

I've not commented in favor of, or against, on this issue much.

A thought...

To an FE that passage would probably be about a plate like circle parallel to the ground.

Meaning something along the line of going south; which would turn into going west; which would turn into going north; which would turn into going east; which would result in having come full circle.

I mean it helps to look at things from another's view a bit.

Problem with that plate-like circle conclusion, though, is the witness against it by the following passage about the LORD having sat on the circle of the Earth and all appeared as grasshoppers.

One would have to be quite a distance away, and in relation to all four directions, for all in all four directions to appear as grasshoppers.

Isaiah 40:21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in: 40:23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

Saw another passage along that line in Psalms the other day.

Rom. 14: 5; Rom. 5:6-8.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've not commented in favor of, or against, on this issue much.

A thought...

To an FE that passage would probably be about a plate like circle parallel to the ground.

Meaning something along the line of going south; which would turn into going west; which would turn into going north; which would turn into going east; which would result in having come full circle.

I mean it helps to look at things from another's view a bit.]
I'm hoping to understand how Flat Earth believers understand N, E, S, W, directions. I'm hoping Dave or STP can comment on this.

Danoh

I'm hoping to understand how Flat Earth believers understand N, E, S, W, directions. I'm hoping Dave or STP can comment on this.

According to the following link..

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=1751.0

Their actual view is that..

Inward would be north, outward would be south. But what if you're travelling but not getting any closer to either the north pole or the ice wall (i.e. along a line of latitude around the north pole)? You're moving, so there needs to be a direction. Like Erasmus said, clockwise = west, counterclockwise = east...

North is poiinting towards the center of the earth. No matter where you are, you can point towards the center of the earth. Your compass does this.

South is pointing directly away from the center of the earth. No matter where you are, you can point away from the center of the earth.

West is following the circumference of a circle centered on the center of the earth and of radius equal to the distance you are from the center of the earth, in the clockwise direction. This is true regardless of your location on the earth.

West is following the circumference of a circle centered on the center of the earth and of radius equal to the distance you are from the center of the earth, in the counter-clockwise direction. This is true regardless of your location on the earth.

Rom. 5:6-8

Status
Not open for further replies.