The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you get deep into the details of orbital mechanics you would find that the orbits of planets and moons do change ever so slightly over time. The rotation of the Earth is slowing because of tidal effects. We usually neglect these changes as they are so small they do not effect the orbiting of a new satellite. nothing about cosmology is self contradict. Your understanding of cosmology is so superficial that you cannot begin to begin to see how it fits together. If you truly want to understand cosmology, quit watching YouTube and enroll in a class at your local community college. If you are truly serious about this, as you claim to be, then do some serious research by actually taking a class.

Scientism has replaced experiments with theories and is atheistic. How they get away with constructing irrational theories is amazing. Cosmology looks more and more like the theory of evolution where explanations are taken as facts rather than imaginative speculation and data is not subject to falsification and other possible explanations.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is a lie, David.

You've lowered yourself to repeating known lies.

Way to go!

That's your opinion. You're welcome to it. These tests proved that the earth was not moving through anything. Einstein and company rejected the ether but he stated he did not believe any test of the kind that had been performed could demonstrate the movement of the earth through space. Yet he never questioned that light travels through space which was the bases of the tests. The original Michelson Morley test assumed the ether and was actually testing for an experimental verifiable speed of movement of the earth through space. No one denied that space existed so denying the existence of an ether permeating space does not explain why the result was that the earth was not moving.

That light still travels through space should still have given a speed that the earth was moving through it regardless if an ether permeated space or not.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You mean like the way you accept an idiot making claims on a youtube video while disbelieving everyone else?

That there is no curvature has been demonstrated and shown many times in many ways. That an object hit the earth millions of years ago and tilting it off its axis but not moving it out of its path is not even possible to empirically verify.

You seem very willing to accept this atheistic explanation of how the earth was formed even though it's not what we would expect if God created it.

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Scientism has replaced experiments with theories and is atheistic. How they get away with constructing irrational theories is amazing. Cosmology looks more and more like the theory of evolution where explanations are taken as facts rather than imaginative speculation and data is not subject to falsification and other possible explanations.

--Dave
What makes you think they don't do experiments? The Very Large Array in New Mexico is a radio telescope that is constantly collecting data. Astronomers request time on the array to collect data on specific areas. Once the data comes in, it is shared with the world and scientists try to see if their hypothesis match the data or not. If not, the revise the hypothesis and and see if the revision makes sense. Sometimes they do and it stands for a while only to be rejected later as more data comes in. You see, you are drawing conclusions without knowing anything about how science is actually done. You base your conclusions on YouTube videos that are created by people as ignorant as you. (Note: Ignorance is not an insult. Ignorant simply means that we do not know something. It is cured by books and study at schools.)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That there is no curvature has been demonstrated and shown many times in many ways. That an object hit the earth millions of years ago and tilting it off its axis but not moving it out of its path is not even possible to empirically verify.

You seem very willing to accept this atheistic explanation of how the earth was formed even though it's not what we would expect if God created it.

--Dave

No YE Creationist accepts the atheistic origin of the universe. And yet they are still able to reject that the earth is flat. Hmmm, I wonder why that is, Dave...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So if atmospheric magnification occurs then the sun is not really the same size when it sets and the horizon is not really ground that the sun drops behind but it's perspective that causes us to see it that way.

--Dave

Dave.... We have already agreed that parallel items cannot cross.

I am asking... how is it possible that the sun crosses the plane of the horizon if the sun is circling parallel to the earth surface??

How is that possible?

Greg Jennings

--Dave

Dave,

Why are you unwilling to go learn from a university instead of YouTube?

You're going to regret wasting some of your golden years on this fool's errand of yours

Stuu

Dull for an atheist, no doubt.
Yes, atheists average 5 IQ points higher than christians on most such surveys. So what is engaging for a capable christian should prove dull for an atheist, on average.

There have been actual experiments that prove a stationary earth, Michelson-Morley, Sagnac, and Airy.
References, please. And citations to proper science, not wide-eyed idiots broadcasting themselves on YouTube. Everything is relative, so the question is stationary compared to what?

A flat stationary earth is empirically verifiable by all its inhabitants.
As you may have forgotten, I have given you more than one example of me verifying the global shape myself.

An earth that predicates a drop of 8 in per mile squared has been proven false.
Are you referring to the moron in that latest video? His main argument was a strawman, in which he destroyed what he claimed to be everyone's observation that the horizon is above eye level. But looking 13 kilometres away at a sea horizon gives you no concept of relative height at all. Look along a tangent at a right angle to the centre of gravity and you look up into the sky.

Now, this moron is telling everyone what they have seen, and so is playing on the well known susceptibility to suggestion, and not commenting on an observation that people normally think through for themselves. You didn't fall for that yourself, I hope.

Stuart

Stuu

The delusion of atheism is a "self organizing" mindless universe.

You must admit the self contradiction.
Not when it is a strawman argument. By putting the word 'self' in there you are already poisoning the well. The universe is not a 'self' in the way people generally use that word in reference to humans or other animals, rather you seek to imply there would need to be some personal being, but of course there isn't, so perhaps you could reword my 'delusion' to make it reflect what I actually believe.

Stuart

Stuu

A constant variation is the problem, it's a self contradiction.
You still haven't explained why it is a problem. That will involve you citing mathematical relationships, which will then show that actually there is no problem.

You might think yourself good at the Augustine vs. bible routine, but physics isn't really your thing, is it.

Stuart

Stuu

The difference being that a rational argument can be made for the later.
Well if you make the assumption that there is an invisible being that created everything and cannot love the things it made enough to let them be free, then there is some logic in becoming a robot with the status of a worm and doing everything you think it tells you, to avoid the totalitarian dictator punishing you. You are born bad, but commanded to be well, and the only way to do that is to accept a human sacrifice, which takes away your wrongdoing from you through the hideous concept of vicarious punishment.

Logical, but immoral and a denial of your basic humanity, I would have thought.

Stuart

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well if you make the assumption that there is an invisible being that created everything and cannot love the things it made enough to let them be free, then there is some logic in becoming a robot with the status of a worm and doing everything you think it tells you, to avoid the totalitarian dictator punishing you. You are born bad, but commanded to be well, and the only way to do that is to accept a human sacrifice, which takes away your wrongdoing from you through the hideous concept of vicarious punishment.

Logical, but immoral and a denial of your basic humanity, I would have thought.

Stuart
Lets not get too far off the topic. Lets keep focused on the shape of our earth. :)

Stuu

Lets not get too far off the topic. Lets keep focused on the shape of our earth. :)
Obviously a fair point. I think part of the problem is that Patrick Jane in particular has been linking the whole thing to Jesus somehow. I don't think Jesus is responsible for ancient Jewish ignorance of the basic workings of the solar system.

Stuart

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Obviously a fair point. I think part of the problem is that Patrick Jane in particular has been linking the whole thing to Jesus somehow.
Stuart

Looks like the right thing to do to me........

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth His handiwork.

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

I don't think Jesus is responsible for ancient Jewish ignorance of the basic workings of the solar system.

That's okay, satan got em straightened out hunh?

Status
Not open for further replies.