The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
And we think the moon is made of cheese. Seriously, this all you have. Distraction and ridicule. You know there's no basis for a globe earth, and it doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things but it' a sad spectacle. The intellectual dishonesty o several in this thread is plain for all to see. No answers to the apparent circle of bases around the earth and nearly every other discrepancy in the globe delusion.

The globe is in the imagination, the movies in classrooms and TV. Music videos and books and everywhere. You know it's a globe because you've seen it !!! Haven't you? Check the actual unaltered pictures if any exist. EVERY bit of the moon missions data is lost, gone, poof. Nothing to see here, everything is fine. The resistance to even the possibility, debating with a closed made up mind. Refusing to research honestly and seriously. Looking ONLY for globe data. It's a pathetic thread thanks to the mockers and old folks.

Sorry.

I apologize if I said something wrong.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The deepest we've ever dug into the earth is like 7 miles? I think. I could be wrong. I have a meme about it but those are too powerful and not allowed anymore . . . For me anyway. So, how do we know there's a molten core or a hollow section or hollow areas within the earth? Sides of the pit ? Bottomless pit? There's something hollow somewhere, lol. I believe every word in my KJV to the detriment of globe enthusiasts.

AHPeeb

Everyone knows that the north and south poles have 6 months of sunlight and 6 months of darkness right? How is that possible on a flat Earth?
Also flat Earth needs to stop being somehow linked with Christianity. All it does is furthers the stereotype of Christians being anti scientific or stupid.
The Bible doesn't mention a round earth just like it doesn't mention a flat earth. Honestly, what the Bible does say about earth is that it's bad to be worldly or to be concerned with things on earth. There are far more important things that that don't receive the attention they deserve simply because bone heads are fighting a battle that has no relevance or significance to Christianity. It's disgusting and it needs to end.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Everyone knows that the north and south poles have 6 months of sunlight and 6 months of darkness right? How is that possible on a flat Earth?
Good question. I remember asking Dave the same question back when this conversation started the first time around.

Patrick??? Can you answer in your own words?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Good question. I remember asking Dave the same question back when this conversation started the first time around.

Patrick??? Can you answer in your own words?
According to scripture the sun has a circuit to run - as does the moon. But the sun is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber. It goes to the end of the heavens. That billions of light years away? The earth is set. . . . As a tabernacle FOR the sun. Psalm 19 - that's from memory in my words. There are at least 67 scriptures of the sun moving and not one of the earth moving.

In my mental picture of the enclosed flat earth, I see the earth being possibly 50,000 to 100,000 miles big. Perhaps the overall entire shape is as a circle squared, I have pictures. The sun is small and local, maybe 3,000 miles high in it's circuit at the peak? 32 to 62 miles wide, close to the sames size as the moon. Note the similarity during an eclipse. Do you think the 93,000,000 million miles away sun just so happens to "appear" to be the same size as the moon? Because God did it that way on purpose? Great answer and thought process. Logical is exactly what I am.

The sun being small and local travels a distance that is outside the realm of eyesight BECAUSE of perspective and distance. 100,000 miles. Who can see? I could go on for days but I'm dead.

https://youtu.be/6ZYGxERe0Kw
FLAT EARTH AT 186 MILES HIGH!!! 2016

FLAT EARTH AT 186 MILES HIGH!!! 2016

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Also flat Earth needs to stop being somehow linked with Christianity. All it does is furthers the stereotype of Christians being anti scientific or stupid.
The Bible doesn't mention a round earth just like it doesn't mention a flat earth. Honestly, what the Bible does say about earth is that it's bad to be worldly or to be concerned with things on earth. There are far more important things that that don't receive the attention they deserve simply because bone heads are fighting a battle that has no relevance or significance to Christianity. It's disgusting and it needs to end.

I'm not worried about the shape of the earth and in my opinion it's not a worldly thing to think about. Yes the Bible says . . . Keep your mind on things above, heavenly things. Things of God. I am.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm confident that the Holy Spirit, intuition and common sense will lead people to the truth about exactly what we live in. Some might not get it right now. Maybe not until we're with God. It is important. The Lord is close. Above us. He is never far away.

Acts 17:24-32 KJV -
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

Last edited:

AHPeeb

I'm not worried about the shape of the earth and in my opinion it's not a worldly thing to think about. Yes the Bible says . . . Keep your mind on things above, heavenly things. Things of God. I am.
I would just say to be careful of false doctrine. A round or flat earth might not have anything to do with Christianity, but there are other beliefs being tossed around in the Christian community that are wrong and are very much about Christianity.

Gay marriage, transgenderism, abortion (some Christians are in favor of abortion, I can't even begin to imagine why or how), Earth Day and the environmentalist movements, the "God is actually a woman" belief is just pants ridiculous (yes I said "pants" that's how ridiculous it is), I'm sure there are plenty of others I just can't think of off the top of my head. All of these are wrong according to the Bible yet Christians believe them and are quick to try to defend them without any Biblical support.

The last thing that I'll say about the Earth is that one day this earth will pass, not just be destroyed, but pass completely out of our memory. This is not our final resting place, and neither is Heaven. God will fade away this Earth and Heaven and make a new Earth with New Jerusalem as it's capital. That should be our concern as Christians because this earth doesn't really matter and one day we'll forget about it completely anyway.

chair

I would just say to be careful of false doctrine. A round or flat earth might not have anything to do with Christianity, but there are other beliefs being tossed around in the Christian community that are wrong and are very much about Christianity. ... Earth Day and the environmentalist movements, ...

Why are environmentalist movements an issue for Christianity , or a false doctrine?

(do you want to start a separate thread for that? It isn't directly related to this thread).

Chair

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I might but the fact is you'll be using Masonic math. Math that is "created" to fit the ball. The same math works in the flat enclosed earth and cosmos. The government knows we are enclosed under a dome. Just like the Bible says. I'm sorry guys but I truly believe it's the globe believers who are not accepting reality and not learning about how they nuked the dome, send signals and much more bouncing off the dome.

That's how the satellites work. I watched a whole youtube video :chuckle: Seriously, look into. You guys know if you're being honest with yourselves and searching both sides of the issue. I'll have much more to say here. The dome evidence is only a tiny fraction of reality. I'm not here to recruit flat earthers. I and real FEs are not connected in any way and we denounce these "conferences" and the Flat Earth Society. They are shills and there is organized controlled opposition to the facts of the shape and true nature of the very place we live.

Everybody just wakes up and goes to work for 50 years and doesn't care. The older people are the more they fight the idea. Polls show that young people are thinking about the real shape of the earth. It IS important it's God's creation and we are part of it. The Bible tells the truth about the earth, sun, moon, stars, heavenly bodies and the cosmos. Everything we need to know is written. To say that Old Testament folks were too dumb too "get it" yet until modern science came along is preposterous. God chooses the right words.

So do your tests Clete and show the math. I find it hard to believe that you think you can prove a globe earth when nobody else can. And I'm the cray one?

In fact, you are - the crazy one.

I cannot believe - I mean I literally cannot believe you wrote that post.

Now math doesn't work and the mathematical equations that tell you how circles work somehow also works on a flat surfaces!?

Do you know what a tangent is, Patrick? (Serious question. I'm not being facetious or sarcastic.)

Let me just tell you what it is....

A tangent is a straight line or plane that is perpendicular (i.e. at a 90° angle) to the radius of a circle that touches the circle at a single point. A tangential line, started at any point on a circle gets further and further away from the circle according to a very specific equation. Here is a full explanation upon which any measurement I make will be based...

The Earth's radius (r) is 6371 km or 3959 miles, based on numbers from Wikipedia,
which gives a circumference (c)of c = 2 * π * r = 40 030 km

We wish to find the height (h) which is the drop in curvature over the distance.

Using the circumference we find that 1 kilometer has the angle
360° / 40 030 km = 0.009°. The angle (a) is then a = 0.009° * distance.

The derived formula h = r * (1 - cos a) is accurate for any distance.​

Now, that math does not have anything to do with the Masons and it doesn't have anything to do with whether the Earth is flat, round, square or shaped like a football. It doesn't have anything to do with anything other that the nature if circles and tangential lines. It's totally pure unadulterated geometry, not philosophy, religion, cosmology or any other such thing that could in any way bias the numbers that derive from it.

If the Earth is flat, then bodies of water ought to be the flattest things we can find. I should be able to set up a telescope to look straight and flat across a long body of water and see no "drop" it is surface over that distance. If, on the other hand, the Earth is a sphere with a radius of 3959 miles then I should get a drop of .67 feet (8.04 inches) over a distance of one mile. That is significant enough to measure without needing specialized equipment beyond what I already own.

There is a pond within driving distance of my house where I can achieve a line of sight, continuous water surface distance of approximately 1.3 miles. If the Earth is a sphere of the stated size, that should produce a "drop" in the surface of the water of approximately 13.5 inches! That should be well within any margin of error that is produced by human error in making the measurement as well as other variables like waves on the surface. I say "should be" because I've never actually made an attempt to do it and I don't want to assume that I've accounted for every variable.

So, is there anything about what I just said that your lunatic mind can come up with to dispute? Do you agree that if the Earth is flat that any such measurement should be zero? (Accounting, of course, for a margin of error but in any case much closer to zero than the 13.5 inches predicted by geometry.)

If so, would doing such a measurement and coming up with a measurement anything significantly removed from zero (never-mind anything close to 13 inches) be sufficient to snap you out of this lunacy?

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Why are environmentalist movements an issue for Christianity , or a false doctrine?
Because they aren't about the environment, they're about politics. It is about power - pure and simple. It is about telling you how to live your life and what you can and cannot do with your private property.

The end result of what environmentalists want is jack-booted authoritarianism, whether they admit it (or even realize) it or not.

chair

Because they aren't about the environment, they're about politics. It is about power - pure and simple. It is about telling you how to live your life and what you can and cannot do with your private property.

The end result of what environmentalists want is jack-booted authoritarianism, whether they admit it (or even realize) it or not.

I am constantly astounded by the weird identity politics in the USA. Concern for the environment is legitimate. It doesn't automatically imply fascism. Nor is concern for the environment anti-religious.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Some say the disappearing of ships proves a globe or looking out over the ocean and lining an object up to match the horizon in your line of sight and seeing curvature. False.
The Earth is round lol. Just not a 3 dimensional ball. Point of fact I have read but not confirmed, we can not make out three dimensions beyond 6 meters (18 feet?), Which also begs the question of assuming "spherity" to all those lights in the sky. One could say claiming the lights are ball shaped solid objects are the ravings of a mad conspiracy glober.

The ocean. We are attracted to viewing ocean distances based on it's expansiveness, however the evaporation of water causes MAJOR distortion the further you view. So this is why the counter argument to flat Earth has been boats disappearing over a curve and not a man walking away on a straight path for centuries. It's a deceptive way to use the distortion of viewing the ocean at distances to muddy the waters of truth. The most famous "water proof" of flat Earth is the Bedford level experiment. It unfortunately contradicts the assumption of the curve based on direct observation.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Some say the disappearing of ships proves a globe or looking out over the ocean and lining an object up to match the horizon in your line of sight and seeing curvature. False.
The Earth is round lol. Just not a 3 dimensional ball. Point of fact I have read but not confirmed, we can not make out three dimensions beyond 6 meters (18 feet?), Which also begs the question of assuming "spherity" to all those lights in the sky. One could say claiming the lights are ball shaped solid objects are the ravings of a mad conspiracy glober.

The ocean. We are attracted to viewing ocean distances based on it's expansiveness, however the evaporation of water causes MAJOR distortion the further you view. So this is why the counter argument to flat Earth has been boats disappearing over a curve and not a man walking away on a straight path for centuries. It's a deceptive way to use the distortion of viewing the ocean at distances to muddy the waters of truth. The most famous "water proof" of flat Earth is the Bedford level experiment. It unfortunately contradicts the assumption of the curve based on direct observation.
Do you mean this one?

The Bedford Level experiment is a series of observations carried out along a six-mile (9.7 km) length of the Old Bedford River on the Bedford Level of the Cambridgeshire Fens in the United Kingdom, during the 19th and early 20th centuries, to measure the curvature of the Earth. Samuel Birley Rowbotham, who conducted the first observations starting in 1838, claimed he had proven the Earth to be flat. However, in 1870, after adjusting Rowbotham's method to avoid the effects of atmospheric refraction, Alfred Russel Wallace found a curvature consistent with a spherical Earth.[1]

Well bang goes THAT theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.