DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by Evil.Eye

I brought up this verse to Dave...

Isaiah 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

There is no above on a globe earth for God.

God could not sit above a Globe earth.

There is only "above" if the earth is flat.

Only a flat earth could be covered by a dome/heavens that is like a tent.

--Dave

oatmeal

This verse clearly has nothing to do with the shape of the earth. Flat or round earth, east is the opposite direction of west.

--Dave

Oh, I am sorry, I forgot that the clarity of what that verse states or rather implies was not obvious to me, many, many years ago until it was explained to me by a wonderful teacher of God's word.

Psalm 103:12 states that as far as the east is from the west so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

If you were on a point on the equator and traveled straight north how far could you keep going until you could no longer travel north? If the earth was flat or round there would be a limit. If the earth is round it would be when you reached the north pole and kept moving on the same direction you would start travelling south. Why because the north pole is the limit that you can travel north on the earth. If the earth was flat, the limit would be when you reached the edge of the earth.

If you started at any point on the earth, not including the north or south pole on a spherical earth, you could travel straight east and never get to the point where you would start travelling west.

If the earth was flat, there would again be a limit as to how far a person could travel east, that limit would be the edge of the flat earth.

If and since, the earth is spherical, God's mercy separates us by an infinite distance from our transgressions.

That is why God spoke of east from the west in that verse.

If he had said as far as north is from the south, then there would be a limit.

That verse wisely tells us that God's mercy is without limit for those who believe.

However, that can only be true if the earth is spherical, not flat.

If the earth was flat, there would be a limit to God's mercy to those who believe.

Question is, who are you going to believe?

a. science falsely so called

b. God's word

If you have trouble with that explanation, you might want to consider if you really want to believe God's word or not.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I could psych myself up and claim flat earth belief. All I have to do is remember the main rules of dispelling the opinions of "round earth... rebels".

1: Photography and Video is only accurate and genuine when it is produced in support of Flat Earth.

Photography and video is only accurate when it has not been digitally altered, photo shop effects and CGI/Computer-generated imagery can be detected most of the time. NASA has all the tools needed to fake what ever it wants. That's not to say they fake everything, but they have the ability to alter photo or video and they have been caught doing it.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh, I am sorry, I forgot that the clarity of what that verse states or rather implies was not obvious to me, many, many years ago until it was explained to me by a wonderful teacher of God's word.

Psalm 103:12 states that as far as the east is from the west so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

If you were on a point on the equator and traveled straight north how far could you keep going until you could no longer travel north? If the earth was flat or round there would be a limit. If the earth is round it would be when you reached the north pole and kept moving on the same direction you would start travelling south. Why because the north pole is the limit that you can travel north on the earth. If the earth was flat, the limit would be when you reached the edge of the earth.

If you started at any point on the earth, not including the north or south pole on a spherical earth, you could travel straight east and never get to the point where you would start travelling west.

If the earth was flat, there would again be a limit as to how far a person could travel east, that limit would be the edge of the flat earth.

If and since, the earth is spherical, God's mercy separates us by an infinite distance from our transgressions.

That is why God spoke of east from the west in that verse.

If he had said as far as north is from the south, then there would be a limit.

That verse wisely tells us that God's mercy is without limit for those who believe.

However, that can only be true if the earth is spherical, not flat.

If the earth was flat, there would be a limit to God's mercy to those who believe.

Question is, who are you going to believe?

a. science falsely so called

b. God's word

If you have trouble with that explanation, you might want to consider if you really want to believe God's word or not.

You are welcome to your personal interpretation. But this is verse is not a proof of round or flat earth and if the earth is flat this verse does not mean your sins are not removed.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

4: If I'm disproven, I can simply change the subject and redirect the topic back to the "compelling" evidence for flat earth theory.

I am disputing that flat earth has been disproven.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Photography and video is only accurate when it has not been digitally altered, photo shop effects and CGI/Computer-generated imagery can be detected most of the time. NASA has all the tools needed to fake what ever it wants. That's not to say they fake everything, but they have the ability to alter photo or video and they have been caught doing it.

--Dave

Everyone has the ability to fake photos. Just look up any photoshop artist and see what they can do.

Again, what reason does NASA have for altering their photos? Some conspiracy that's not at all possible to maintain? Pretty sure we've discussed that already.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

--Dave
And caught doing it? Please, give us an example of something NASA has faked deceptively and been "caught" for doing so.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Testing Flattards - Part 1

This video begins by mocking both people who believe in flat earth and people who believe in God.

It then compares the flat earth model/Azimuthal Equidistant Projection map with the globe model.

One notices that 80% of the "habitable" land is in the northern hemisphere, Antarctica is not habitable in the same way every all other land mass is.

The Mercator flat map is used for navigation and flights. The Azimuthal Equidistant Flat Projection map can also be used for both because 80% of land is in the northern half of the earth.

View attachment 25678 View attachment 25677

That Antarctica is protected and off limits accept by government permission is not even debatable. That governments cannot stop any one from going there is simply not true.

The distance around the antarctic circle has been clearly challenged by voyages that lasted years and covered distances that would take one twice around the circumference of the globe earth have been historically documented.

Remember, a spinning globed earth is not been "personally" seen nor experienced by any one standing on this earth or from flight accept from a small number astronauts who supposedly have personally seen and experienced it from space. And even NASA has been inconsistent, showing us a spinning curved earth from video and a stationary flat earth from other video. The moon landings have for years been challenged and only a hand full of men supposedly "personally" experienced it.

I would say 99.9% of the world have to take it by faith that the earth is a spinning globe.

--Dave

Greg Jennings

This video begins by mocking both people who believe in flat earth and people who believe in God.

It then compares the flat earth model/Azimuthal Equidistant Projection map with the globe model.

One notices that 80% of the "habitable" land is in the northern hemisphere, Antarctica is not habitable in the same way every all other land mass is.

The Mercator flat map is used for navigation and flights. The Azimuthal Equidistant Flat Projection map can also be used for both because 80% of land is in the northern half of the earth.

That Antarctica is protected and off limits accept by government permission is not even debatable. That governments cannot stop any one from going there is simply not true.

The distance around the antarctic circle has been clearly challenged by voyages that lasted years and covered distances that would take one twice around the circumference of the globe earth have been historically documented.

Remember, a spinning globed earth is not been "personally" seen nor experienced by any one standing on this earth or from flight accept from a small number astronauts who supposedly have personally seen and experienced it from space. And even NASA has been inconsistent, showing us a spinning curved earth from video and a stationary flat earth from other video. The moon landings have for years been challenged and only a hand full of men supposedly "personally" experienced it.

I would say 99.9% of the world have to take it by faith that the earth is a spinning globe.

--Dave

There are videos of Antartartic tourists playing with baby elephant seals on YouTube. I'm pretty sure Antarctica is able to be visited, it's just not cheap and probably not that fun if the seal doesn't want to cuddle

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

--Dave

I fully understand what you are stating. Excellent point. I have faith that the earth is a globe, but I am willing to learn your argument structures and argue along side you that the earth is flat as a cognitive exercise and to assist in there being 2 individuals in this discussion that represent flat earth.

Do you accept my offer and honor my request to learn your patterns of argument through support and evaluation of your points?

On a directly responsive note to the statistic you cited...

Sadly... only 27.2 percent of the global population have "some form of faith" in Jesus Christ. This is an excellent point when over 99% can take it by faith that the earth is a globe.

- EE

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are videos of Antartartic tourists playing with baby elephant seals on YouTube. I'm pretty sure Antarctica is able to be visited, it's just not cheap and probably not that fun if the seal doesn't want to cuddle

There is a big difference between a visit to a controlled location and unhindered independent exploration.

I didn't say no one could go there, I said no one can go there with out government permission and supervision.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is a big difference between a visit to a controlled location and unhindered independent exploration.

I didn't say no one could go there, I said no one can go there with out government permission and supervision.

--Dave
That's so idiots don't wander off and die in the frozen wasteland down there.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I fully understand what you are stating. Excellent point. I have faith that the earth is a globe, but I am willing to learn your argument structures and argue along side you that the earth is flat as a cognitive exercise and to assist in there being 2 individuals in this discussion that represent flat earth.

Do you accept my offer and honor my request to learn your patterns of argument through support and evaluation of your points?

On a directly responsive note to the statistic you cited...

Sadly... only 27.2 percent of the global population have "some form of faith" in Jesus Christ. This is an excellent point when over 99% can take it by faith that the earth is a globe.

- EE

You are most welcome to this debate.

I'd be very happy for you to also freely critique my arguments.

You seem willing to follow an argument/proposition to it's logical conclusion.

Well said that so many accept flat earth by faith while so few accept Christ.

I was intrigued by the verses in your personal profile under signature.

I would only point out that perhaps 1 Kings 8:27 is talking about space not time, as God's presence is in a specific place at a specific time on earth, as opposed to no-place at no time and in every place at all times.

My method is to know the options, we call them "a model". Then ask how does the empirical evidence fit, or work with in, each model.

We must distinguish between an actual fact and a non-factual premise which may or may not be correct. Formulas, calculations, cohesive arguments and logical conclusions may all be wrong if they are built on an unproven/unverifiable/untestable, or false, premise.

The rules of rational thought must apply to science as it also should to arguments about God's existence and nature. Logical fallacies must also apply, but a charge of a fallacy argument must be demonstrated not just made and assumed to be correct then open to a rebuttal.

In this debate the flat earth model is an antithesis to all other models that are built on the earth is a globe. Other competing models are geocentric universe, heliocentric universe, space-time block universe, and multi universe.

I would argue that the laws of rational thought supersede so called laws of physics since every law must be derived, understood, and explained rationally. The rule of non-contradiction, the rule of identity, and rule of the excluded middle, must not be sacrificed on the alter science.

--Dave

oatmeal

You are welcome to your personal interpretation. But this is verse is not a proof of round or flat earth and if the earth is flat this verse does not mean your sins are not removed.

--Dave

Dave,

Clearly, logical thought is a wonderful learning adventure.

Especially as it applies to scripture and how God uses it to illustrate truths.

Should you ever venture into it, I am sure you will find it most enlightening.

o

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave,

Clearly, logical thought is a wonderful learning adventure.

Especially as it applies to scripture and how God uses it to illustrate truths.

Should you ever venture into it, I am sure you will find it most enlightening.

o

There is no cosmological model where east is not the opposite of west even on flat earth you moron.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Flat Earth PROOF of God

The musical parody to Adele's Hello is worth the view.

Excerpts by Jeff Bridges from The Giver are very apropos.

--Dave

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Obviously not from gross ignorance and stupidity.
[MENTION=4980]DFT_Dave[/MENTION],

This SJW snowflake is bigoted towards Christianity and nothing else. The [MENTION=11262]Silent Hunter[/MENTION] bloke couldn't hang with more than a couple back and forth discussions before he ran like a coward in an earlier discussion with me. I made an OP on the matter of discussion... SH was defending Islamic Terrorism... and they magically never showed up on the thread to continue debate.

My point... observe Link Here... where SH is being a bigot towards Christianity, though proving their narrow minded ignorance"...

These guys are ignorant compared to many agnostics I've debated and studied with. They are fools.

I'm just explaining why jdog and SH are nothing but hostile trolls that are more ignorant than anyone and everyone they claim to be more intellectual than.

- EE

When I was an Athiest like those two blokes... one sentence I constructed had more substance than everything they've ever written.

Status
Not open for further replies.