Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes, I read the link and simply gave you a better one.

The link to Bob is a compilation of arguments which are already being debated here.

Hence why I gave you the Creation link.

Could you perhaps explain why that one is incorrect?

The argument that there is no Hebrew word for sphere is not a justification for believing the word circle can mean the same unless there is a pattern for the word for circle being used that way. All verses where the Hebrew word for circle are used clearly cannot mean sphere.

Another reason for the absence of a word for sphere is probably because God did not make earth a sphere.

--Dave

chair

...since we are back to this: SUNSET AND SUNRISE

Dave, according to the Flat Earth concept, the sun should not "set" in the evening. It should get smaller and smaller until it finally disappears. I even saw that in one of your videos.

So: Go outside and watch the sun in the evening. Is that what it does?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dave, according to the Flat Earth concept, the sun should not "set" in the evening. It should get smaller and smaller until it finally disappears. I even saw that in one of your videos.

I begged Dave to do just that earlier in this thread.

I asked Dave... if the Sun merely gets too small to see at sunset why can we see half of the sun at normal size while the other half is below the horizon?

I also asked Dave why the sun doesn't set in the north and rise in the north as it should based on the flat earth model.

It's all so stinking silly. :rotfl:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Photography and video is only accurate when it has not been digitally altered, photo shop effects and CGI/Computer-generated imagery can be detected most of the time. NASA has all the tools needed to fake what ever it wants. That's not to say they fake everything, but they have the ability to alter photo or video and they have been caught doing it.

--Dave
Are you aware that NASA isn't the only agency or group that has been to space? Are all the other space agencies from other countries as well as private companies from all over the world also faking space images?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
David, the effect this debate has had on your reputation among people who otherwise agree with you doctrinally and who used to respect you and hold you in high regard should inform you of something. This debate would make me suspicious of every other truth claim that ever came out of your mouth. It's just flat out stupidity. Children can think more clearly that this. You ought to be embarrased and ashamed.

Clete
:sigh: So true.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah, and if He looked down on a sphere, He'd see a circle just like we do when we look at soccer balls that we've created. This is because spheres and circles are both round. In fact, a sphere is nothing at all other than a three dimensional circle.

You can't possibly believe that this concept is not a valid way of understanding that verse.

We study word usage from other texts where the word for circle in Hebrew is used and there no sphere or ball that it refers to.

The verse favors flat earth you stretch it to be sphere but it's not a good fit.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And then it goes on to crush the flat Earth moronic model into dust with argument after argument that you didn't even bother to listen too much less respond too.

David, the effect this debate has had on your reputation among people who otherwise agree with you doctrinally and who used to respect you and hold you in high regard should inform you of something. This debate would make me suspicious of every other truth claim that ever came out of your mouth. It's just flat out stupidity. Children can think more clearly that this. You ought to be embarrased and ashamed.

Clete

You're biased, and my defense of flat earth is very good. That you have to keep trying to make me feel embarrassed or ashamed is water of a duck's back.

I responded to as much of the video as I had time for. I was not at all impressed with this atheists video.

I've been going back to view all the video you posted, thanks for posting them.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No, it's disappears behind the horizon line.

I have posted time lapse video showing the sun getting smaller as it moves away from us.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I begged Dave to do just that earlier in this thread.

I asked Dave... if the Sun merely gets too small to see at sunset why can we see half of the sun at normal size while the other half is below the horizon?

I also asked Dave why the sun doesn't set in the north and rise in the north as it should based on the flat earth model.

It's all so stinking silly. :rotfl:

You have not properly understood the flat earth model and how a small close sun circles the earth.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you aware that NASA isn't the only agency or group that has been to space? Are all the other space agencies from other countries as well as private companies from all over the world also faking space images?

NASA is foremost in all space exploration and if they have not been truthful with us then none of the others have either.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Moon

I've been observing the moon at night and on my way to work every morning at 5 a.m.

I want to know why the moon is the same all through the night. How can the sun illuminate it when it's on the other side of the earth.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Moon

I've been observing the moon at night and on my way to work every morning at 5 a.m.

I want to know why the moon is the same all through the night. How can the sun illuminate it when it's on the other side of the earth.

--Dave

Because of the speed at which the moon orbits the earth, versus the speed at which the earth rotates.

Moon orbit? Once every ~27 days
Earth rotation? Once every ~24 hours.

When the earth completes one rotation, the moon has only moved about 1/27th the distance it travels around the earth.

As for why the sun can illuminate it throughout the night, go back and find my experiment that I gave you to do that involves a flashlight, a globe, and a baseball, and do it.

chair

No, it's disappears behind the horizon line.

I have posted time lapse video showing the sun getting smaller as it moves away from us.

--Dave

Dave,

Your own observation and that "time lapse video" contradict each other. So which is it? Do you trust that video, and distrust your own eyes?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because of the speed at which the moon orbits the earth, versus the speed at which the earth rotates.

Moon orbit? Once every ~27 days
Earth rotation? Once every ~24 hours.

When the earth completes one rotation, the moon has only moved about 1/27th the distance it travels around the earth.

As for why the sun can illuminate it throughout the night, go back and find my experiment that I gave you to do that involves a flashlight, a globe, and a baseball, and do it.

I would rather you provide a video for me to watch, one you think is good.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What compels all of these unconnected agencies (both governmental and private) to maintain the spherical earth conspiracy?

How many work for NASA or other such agency has any direct personal visual knowledge of a spinning globe earth?

How many of them must have faith like we do?

The number of conspirators are not as many as you imagine, the rest have only worked for them.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What compels all of these unconnected agencies (both governmental and private) to maintain the spherical earth conspiracy?

After all the personal attacks that you have made to me is it not to hard for you to understand why most people never dare question globe earth?

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.