The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are times when the sun does not illuminate the moon. When that happens do you know what it's called?

When you see the dark sky turn to light when the sun rises one wonders how in a dark sky the moon is illuminated when the sun's light is no where to be seen.

I would imagine an eclipse that hides the moon every night when the sun is on the other side of the earth.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave,

Your own observation and that "time lapse video" contradict each other. So which is it? Do you trust that video, and distrust your own eyes?

No, the sun does not get smaller and smaller at sun set or sun rise because of the horizon line it gets smaller as it moves away from us and bigger as is moves toward us.

You have obviously no concept of a horizon line. A horizon line contradicts a curve. If we see a horizon line then we are not seeing a curve. Learn the distinction and you will know why flat earth has been revived.

--Dave

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
We study word usage from other texts where the word for circle in Hebrew is used and there no sphere or ball that it refers to.

The verse favors flat earth you stretch it to be sphere but it's not a good fit.

--Dave

Anyone else would earn a place on my ignore list for such a comment. It's infuriating STUPIDITY!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You're biased, and my defense of flat earth is very good. That you have to keep trying to make me feel embarrassed or ashamed is water of a duck's back.

I responded to as much of the video as I had time for. I was not at all impressed with this atheists video.

I've been going back to view all the video you posted, thanks for posting them.

--Dave

I'm biased?!

Okay Dave, let's see if this rolls off your back.

You are now a proud member of my ignore list. If it does not embarrass you to be in company with some of the abject lunatics on that list, nothing will.

The truly sad thing is that I know as I am typing this that it will not embarrass you at all, which is why you deserve to be there. I don't care if I ever read another word you ever write about anything - ever.

In fact, I'm getting to the point where I'm questioning the purpose of this website or, at the very least, my reason for being here. What the hell good am I if I can't do anything but drive someone further into the stupidity that is flat earthism. I mean, there is NOT ONE SINGLE argument presented in all the seemingly millions of videos that you found on the internet that is good enough to convince a ten year old and yet nothing I say penentrates except to drive you further into La La Land. This post may not only be the last one I write to you, it may well be the last one I ever write. That sort of makes you the king of my ignore list, doesn't it?

Thanks for nothing and goodbye,
Clete

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
After all the personal attacks that you have made to me is it not to hard for you to understand why most people never dare question globe earth?

--Dave
That's not the question I asked you. I didn't ask... Why don't most people question a globed earth?

I asked.... What compels all of these unconnected agencies (both governmental and private) to maintain the spherical earth conspiracy?

When you see the dark sky turn to light when the sun rises one wonders how in a dark sky the moon is illuminated when the sun's light is no where to be seen.
And you can't figure that out? The earth is very small in comparison to the sun. The moon is even smaller and is far away from the earth. The moon is rarely "hiding" behind the Earth's shadow. The sun is shining on the earth AND the moon at the same time. But sometimes we are on the side of the earth that is turned away from the sun. We call this phenomenon "night". Yet even at "night" the sun is still hitting the other side of the earth as well as the moon. And that is why we can see the moon at "night".

Maybe tomorrow I can teach you about the opposite of "night time" which is called "daytime".

I would imagine an eclipse that hides the moon every night when the sun is on the other side of the earth.

--Dave
Dave how much pot are you smoking? You are either completely stoned when you typed that OR you are as dumb as a 3 year old.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have not properly understood the flat earth model and how a small close sun circles the earth.

--Dave
I understand EXACTLY what the flat earth model teaches about how the "close sun" circles over the earth. It's completely stupid! It's childish, ridiculous, and anyone who believes it is either playing the fool or really is a fool (or stoned out of their mind).

Last edited:

chair

No, the sun does not get smaller and smaller at sun set or sun rise because of the horizon line it gets smaller as it moves away from us and bigger as is moves toward us.

Wen the sun sets,you see it gradually disappearing. First it is round, then the bottom is no longer visible. Then the middle is gone, and finally it all disappears from our view. How does that happen on a flat earth?

You have obviously no concept of a horizon line. A horizon line contradicts a curve. If we see a horizon line then we are not seeing a curve. Learn the distinction and you will know why flat earth has been revived.

--Dave

You are correct: I do not know what you mean by "horizon line", or how it "contradicts a curve". Explain. Even a video is OK, but only 5 minutes or less.

SimpleMan77

Of course good old Galileo didn't know that he wasn't really seeing Jupiter rotating through the telescope - he was really seeing were images projected on a huge iMax theater built overhead, where images are projected to make it appear that different sides of "Jupiter" are showing at different times.
Stupid high-tech Vatican!!

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
After all the personal attacks that you have made to me is it not to hard for you to understand why most people never dare question globe earth?

--Dave
If you were only interested in engaging with people that were not launching personal attacks at you, then why did you stop discussing with me? I've never engaged in a personal attack against you, and I've kept things to their scientific and logical foundations. I don't always have time to answer right away, but then again, sometimes you don't either.

Is there anything we actually know for sure about the flat earth? Are you sure about the distance around the edge? Is there a map of the flat earth?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If you were only interested in engaging with people that were not launching personal attacks at you, then why did you stop discussing with me? I've never engaged in a personal attack against you, and I've kept things to their scientific and logical foundations. I don't always have time to answer right away, but then again, sometimes you don't either.

Is there anything we actually know for sure about the flat earth? Are you sure about the distance around the edge? Is there a map of the flat earth?

I defended Dave for months about discussing this topic when I believed he was simply exploring it as a mental exercise. He was lying then and he's lying now. He knows perfectly well that personal attacks aren't the problem. I addressed every argument he presented and he routinely ignored every thing I said. I had to practically beg him to respond to any of the things I said and when he did respond it would last all of a day to two at most then he'd be back to posting every video ever made on the topic and ignoring every rebuttal and find any excuse to discard any argument made on videos that any of us rational people posted. David knows that the personal attacks aren't coming simply because flat earthism is stupidity, they're coming because he has chosen to be dishonest about his acceptance of this nonsense from the beginning and dishonorable in his dealings with people who not only gave him the benefit of the doubt but defended him and were not only NOT attacking him but were actually having fun discussing the topic.

David has proven himself to be no more intellectually honest that Nang or Beloved57 or (fill in the blank with your favorite TOL lunatic). Every word you say to him on this topic is a waste of your own breath. He doesn't care what is said, who says it or how it is presented. He is locked into a conspiracy delusion. His mind is no longer capable of processing an argument objectively. Everything is filtered through the conspiracy screen. He is hopeless. Losing everyone who ever respected him or was willing to give him the time of day is the road he's on to the bitter end. Unfortunately, there's plenty of other lunatics that will fill in those gaps and permanently lock him into a world where reason is useless.

Clete

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I defended Dave for months about discussing this topic when I believed he was simply exploring it as a mental exercise. He was lying then and he's lying now. He knows perfectly well that personal attacks aren't the problem. I addressed every argument he presented and he routinely ignored every thing I said. I had to practically beg him to respond to any of the things I said and when he did respond it would last all of a day to two at most then he'd be back to posting every video ever made on the topic and ignoring every rebuttal and find any excuse to discard any argument made on videos that any of us rational people posted. David knows that the personal attacks aren't coming simply because flat earthism is stupidity, they're coming because he has chosen to be dishonest about his acceptance of this nonsense from the beginning and dishonorable in his dealings with people who not only gave him the benefit of the doubt but defended him and were not only NOT attacking him but were actually having fun discussing the topic.

David has proven himself to be no more intellectually honest that Nang or Beloved57 or (fill in the blank with your favorite TOL lunatic). Every word you say to him on this topic is a waste of your own breath. He doesn't care what is said, who says it or how it is presented. He is locked into a conspiracy delusion. His mind is no longer capable of processing an argument objectively. Everything is filtered through the conspiracy screen. He is hopeless. Losing everyone who ever respected him or was willing to give him the time of day is the road he's on to the bitter end. Unfortunately, there's plenty of other lunatics that will fill in those gaps and permanently lock him into a world where reason is useless.

Clete

Much of this is blunt honesty... but... Dave Loves Jesus and that is a plus! He doesn't care to inherit the entire earth... as most of us here don't either... be it round or flat... he has eyes set to Christ. I find peace in this.

It's all going to be made new anyhow. Maybe God will make it a cube next time?!?

All respect and understanding,

- EE

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Clete
There's also no evidence that Dave has done any of the tests or experiments we have given him to do that show exactly how our universe works, on the small scale, that he doesn't need high tech equipment to do, and are relatively cheap or that he can use items lying around his house to do. He has become inherently intellectually dishonest.

I think now would be a good time for me to go through this thread and list all the unanswered questions and arguments made to him...

oatmeal

Fortunate for you stupidity is not a sin, unfortunate for us God cannot remove it from you. :rotfl:

--Dave

Actually, stupidity is a sin.

It is God's will that you come to the knowledge of the truth. I Timothy 2:4

God warns people against a lack of knowledge (of His word) in Hosea 4:6, "my people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge" It is God's will and prayer that we know what God wants us to know. Ephesians 1:16-20.

Likewise Colossians 1:9-10 that as we learn knowledge we grow and as we grow (in Christ) we gain more knowledge.

The lack of knowledge is due to not believing God, when we believe God we are not sinning, when we are not believing God, that is in fear, we are sinning.

Fortunately, for you, you have been informed that stupidity is a sin.

Time for you to face the truth.

If you learn to think in three dimensions, your understanding of God's word will increase as well, for life is lived in three dimensions and if there are more so be it.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Clete
When I saw his first post I was already suspecting exactly what you are saying here. I wasn't sure how I could make the discussion productive, but I did know if I ever said anything as a personal attack, that it would be the excuse he would use to ignore the discussion. So I kept the discussion without personal attacks, not in the hopes of convincing Dave, but to actually have a line of reasoning play out.

Like you, I thought this was more likely a perfect parody. People that argue for common descent act the same way as Dave, and I thought he was exposing it. But I've come to the same realization as you that Dave wasn't exposing that type of thinking... but that's still not necessarily entirely bad. I don't think I could pull off a convincing act of being a flat earther unless I made myself drink the koolaid so it wouldn't be an act. And I just don't think drinking that would be worth it to make a parody convincing enough to expose people that believe common descent.

Therefore - Dave has sacrificed himself. He drank every drop. And the only good that can come of it is using his sacrifice to try and make a coherent line of reasoning that can expose the thinking of not only flat earthers, but common descentists as well (and a few other topics).

--------------------------------------------------------

Dave, if you are reading this, let me tell you a story: There were two soldiers in a foxhole. Both out of ammunition, and both realizing that all their fellows on this battlefield were either keeping their heads down for the same reason they were, or dead.

They heard a tank coming. The one soldier decides since he has only his rifle left, it's the best weapon he has - even as just a club - and says they should jump out of the foxhole and attack the tank. The other soldier remarks that it is silly to attack a tank with what amounts to a club and says the best move is to hide in the foxhole and wait for the enemy to pass. This plan relied on the hope that the enemy won't have time or perhaps inclination to make a sweep of every foxhole in this little hell of a spent battlefield. The first soldier calls the second a coward and jumps out of the foxhole with his club to attack the tank.

So the question I have for you Dave, is this: was the first soldier brave? Was the second soldier wise?

Last edited:

Derf

Clete
You've answered a fool according to his folly. Now its time to not answer a fool according to his folly.

Sent from my Z992 using TheologyOnline mobile app

chair

I know Dave got a lot of credit here due to his religious thinking. I took a look at his site, and was not at all impressed- and not just because I am not Christian. The site is pretty fuzzy in the thinking department.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Much of this is blunt honesty... but... Dave Loves Jesus and that is a plus! He doesn't care to inherit the entire earth... as most of us here don't either... be it round or flat... he has eyes set to Christ. I find peace in this.

It's all going to be made new anyhow. Maybe God will make it a cube next time?!?

All respect and understanding,

- EE

I agree. I'm not questioning his salvation or even most of his doctrine, just his intellectual honesty concerning this specific issue for now. It's not as unimportant as it may seem. Unbelievers pay attention to the things Christian say and one Christian saying stupid things does more damage than ten rational Christians can fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.