The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Obviously not from gross ignorance and stupidity.

Governments depends on our "gross ignorance and stupidity" for their power and control.

Fortunately the founders of our country through our constitution desired to free and protect us from an all powerful government.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is no above on a globe earth for God.

God could not sit above a Globe earth.

There is only "above" if the earth is flat.

Only a flat earth could be covered by a dome/heavens that is like a tent.

--Dave

If God is omnipresent, in that He can be wherever he wants to be, and "above" a spherical earth is simply outward from the center, then God only has to position Himself next to the earth, and He's above it.

On a planet, up is out, and down is in. In space, however, or at least, in null-g, up and down is relative.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If God is omnipresent, in that He can be wherever he wants to be, and "above" a spherical earth is simply outward from the center, then God only has to position Himself next to the earth, and He's above it.

On a planet, up is out, and down is in. In space, however, or at least, in null-g, up and down is relative.

Omnipresent does not mean God can be wherever he wants to be. Omnipresent means God is everywhere at the same time. Only in Dynamic Free Theism is God free to be where he wants, when he wants. Only flat earth gives God a location that is above the earth.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Governments depends on our "gross ignorance and stupidity" for their power and control.

Then you sorely misunderstand the Bible's representation of government.

Fortunately the founders of our country through our constitution desired to free and protect us from an all powerful government.

Dave, do you think that authority flows from the people to the government?

Omnipresent does not mean God can be wherever he wants to be.

Can you force God to be in the room where a pedophile is raping a child?

Omnipresent means God is everywhere at the same time.

Only according to Plato and other Greek (pagan) philosophers. Again, can you force God to be where wickedness is?

Only in Dynamic Free Theism is God free to be where he wants, when he wants.

No, the Bible describes God as such.

Only flat earth gives God a location that is above the earth.

--Dave

No, it doesn't, as I explained above.

God sits over the circle (the Hebrew word can also mean sphere) of the earth. From ANY direction, the spherical earth hanging in space looks like a circle.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then you sorely misunderstand the Bible's representation of government.

Dave, do you think that authority flows from the people to the government?

Can you force God to be in the room where a pedophile is raping a child?

Only according to Plato and other Greek (pagan) philosophers. Again, can you force God to be where wickedness is?

No, the Bible describes God as such.

No, it doesn't, as I explained above.

God sits over the circle (the Hebrew word can also mean sphere) of the earth. From ANY direction, the spherical earth hanging in space looks like a circle.

Then you are an open theist.

But your are very poor at theology and a circle is not a sphere.

--Dave

oatmeal

There is no cosmological model where east is not the opposite of west even on flat earth you moron.

--Dave

Are you capable of thinking in three dimensions? Yes you are.

Why don't you do it then and find out what God said east from west and not north to south in that verse.

Evidently, when confronted with truth logically presented and it contradicts your error, you resort to name calling insults.

That is not a wise approach

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Have you ever looked at a ball?

If not, I can tell you that it looks like a circle.

Buy a clue, Dave.

Ball and circle are two different words with two different meanings so we can communicate clearly what we mean so no one gets confused.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you capable of thinking in three dimensions? Yes you are.

Why don't you do it then and find out what God said east from west and not north to south in that verse.

Evidently, when confronted with truth logically presented and it contradicts your error, you resort to name calling insults.

That is not a wise approach

Fortunate for you stupidity is not a sin, unfortunate for us God cannot remove it from you. :rotfl:

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Then you are an open theist.

Well, duh! I've never claimed to be otherwise.

But your are very poor at theology and a circle is not a sphere.

Ball and circle are two different words with two different meanings so we can communicate clearly what we mean so no one gets confused.

Dave, you do realize that the Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew, right?

You do know that Hebrew (at least at the time the OT was written) did not have separate words for circle and sphere, right?

The word used can mean either circle or sphere, depending on the context.

Also, from a distance, a sphere resembles a circle.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, duh! I've never claimed to be otherwise.

Dave, you do realize that the Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew, right?

You do know that Hebrew (at least at the time the OT was written) did not have separate words for circle and sphere, right?

The word used can mean either circle or sphere, depending on the context.

Also, from a distance, a sphere resembles a circle.

Then provide the verses where the word in Hebrew for circle is use as a ball.

Regardless of distance, God knows the difference between the two.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"The Circle of the EarthTranslation and Meaning in Isaiah 40:22--Dennis Bratcher
The Hebrew word that is used in Isaiah 44:22 (חוּג, chug) does not at all imply a spherical earth. The root word only occurs in the Hebrew Bible once as a verb (Job 26:10). In nominal forms, the same root occurs four times, three as the noun חוּג (chug; Job 22:14, Prov 8:27, Isa 40:22), and once as the noun מְחוּגׇה (mechugah; Isa 44:13). This term refers to a "circle instrument," a device used to make a circle, what we call a compass.

http://www.crivoice.org/circle.html

You will find this site to be a more scholarly exegesis of Isaiah 40:22.

--Dave

Dave, did you even bother to read through the links I provided? And you expect us to watch the videos you post? Don't be a hypocrite, Dave.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
"The Circle of the EarthTranslation and Meaning in Isaiah 40:22--Dennis Bratcher
The Hebrew word that is used in Isaiah 44:22 (חוּג, chug) does not at all imply a spherical earth. The root word only occurs in the Hebrew Bible once as a verb (Job 26:10). In nominal forms, the same root occurs four times, three as the noun חוּג (chug; Job 22:14, Prov 8:27, Isa 40:22), and once as the noun מְחוּגׇה (mechugah; Isa 44:13). This term refers to a "circle instrument," a device used to make a circle, what we call a compass.

http://www.crivoice.org/circle.html

You will find this site to be a more scholarly exegesis of Isaiah 40:22.

--Dave

Now that you've rolled up your theological sleeves... I see the heart of a gospel workman! You are clearly full of passion to be used by Christ as a jar of clay... that He can pour Grace from.

This and this alone helps me respect your perspective more. No matter what shape the earth is... I see an undertone of witness and devotion to Jesus.

I am still following along... but it is refreshing to see the theological engine, behind your debate stance...

- EE

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, did you even bother to read through the links I provided? And you expect us to watch the videos you post? Don't be a hypocrite, Dave.

Yes, I read the link and simply gave you a better one.

The link to Bob is a compilation of arguments which are already being debated here.

The argument that there is no Hebrew word for sphere is not a justification for believing the word circle can mean the same unless there is a pattern for the word for circle being used that way. All verses where the Hebrew word for circle are used clearly cannot mean sphere.

Another reason for the absence of a word for sphere is probably because God did not make earth a sphere.

--Dave

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
God sees the earth as it is, how he created it.

--Dave

Yeah, and if He looked down on a sphere, He'd see a circle just like we do when we look at soccer balls that we've created. This is because spheres and circles are both round. In fact, a sphere is nothing at all other than a three dimensional circle.

You can't possibly believe that this concept is not a valid way of understanding that verse.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Testing Flattards - Part 1

This video begins by mocking both people who believe in flat earth and people who believe in God.

It then compares the flat earth model/Azimuthal Equidistant Projection map with the globe model.

And then it goes on to crush the flat Earth moronic model into dust with argument after argument that you didn't even bother to listen too much less respond too.

David, the effect this debate has had on your reputation among people who otherwise agree with you doctrinally and who used to respect you and hold you in high regard should inform you of something. This debate would make me suspicious of every other truth claim that ever came out of your mouth. It's just flat out stupidity. Children can think more clearly that this. You ought to be embarrased and ashamed.

Clete

Status
Not open for further replies.