Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So.... I haven't read all the posts in this thread nor have I watched the videos so maybe this has already been covered but can someone tell me what is supposed to happen if you get to the edge of the earth? What will you see? Will you not be able to fall off? Does the dome keep you in?

Does the South pole actually not exist?

Just curious.
I believe Dave said something about a wall of ice... page 2 or 3 (50 posts per page) I think...

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, I suppose I could jump in and attempt to debate a flat-earth vs. spherical-earth, but IMO some things are just too ridiculous to debate.
I would normally agree with you on that point. But I guess after awhile you get sick of debating the Trinity, Dispensationalism, Calvinism, etc. For some strange reason this thread is kinda fun. Although also sad to see Dave get exposed so badly.

Instead I preferred to note the obvious parallels between Dave's rationale and framework and those from some of the creationists here he's arguing with. And of course there's the issue of people chastising Dave for ignoring science in favor of his beliefs, but not doing the same for folks like 6days and Stripe.

But then, I realize not everyone is a student of human behavior and therefore is fascinated by such things, so if me making such observations is offensive to you, I'll just politely bow out of the thread.
It doesn't offend me... it's simply distracting and useless.

Thanks for cooperating.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Has anyone been to the wall of ice? Was it built by the Trump administration??

Seems like such an easy way to prove (or disprove) the theory. Lets go to the wall!!!
Let's just have everyone head straight south to do it too, so that if the earth is flat, we'll all be heading away from each other, but if it's a globe, we should all eventually meet at a certain point...

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I looked back at every post, I posted a video "10 reasons why people think the moon landing was a hoax", which gives both sides of the story. You responded with a video that dealt only with the flag waving.

Can you address the module problem?

--Dave
FYI.... My dad helped design the Viking Lunar Module. Not only did we actually fly it to Mars and land on the surface but Mars is a sphere.

Who do you trust more.... guys like my dad who actually worked on the project or knucklehead conspiracy theorists that make videos on YouTube?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
FYI.... My dad helped design the Viking Lunar Module.
Didn't know that. :D Props to your dad. That's incredible. Has to make you proud.
Not only did we actually fly it to Mars and land on the surface but Mars is a sphere.

Who do you trust more.... guys like my dad who actually worked on the project or knucklehead conspiracy theorists that make videos on YouTube?
Early on I noted the rational improbability of what would have to be a generational, global conspiracy on the point without loads of whistle blowers and hard proof, even without taking into consideration the gain by enemies set to embarrass and diminish us and other space powers. The notion that our government alone could manage it is laughable, but Dave never examined it, though it was a necessary component of his position.

People.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
FYI.... My dad helped design the Viking Lunar Module. Not only did we actually fly it to Mars and land on the surface but Mars is a sphere.

I would be more inclined to trust your Dad. I also trust my senses more than these knucklehead conspiracy theories. I have flown in aircraft quite a bit during my years the Navy and seen the curvature of the Earth. No one is going to tell me that eyes lie about something like that.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would be more inclined to trust your Dad. I also trust my senses more than these knucklehead conspiracy theories. I have flown in aircraft quite a bit during my years the Navy and seen the curvature of the Earth. No one is going to tell me that eyes lie about something like that.

Maybe you see life though a fish-eye lens??? :)

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Didn't know that. :D Props to your dad. That's incredible. Has to make you proud.
Yeah, it does. I still have many of his original drawings of the Space Shuttle and other space craft that Martin Company was working on. It's really cool old stuff.
Early on I noted the rational improbability of what would have to be a generational, global conspiracy on the point without loads of whistle blowers and hard proof, even without taking into consideration the gain by enemies set to embarrass and diminish us and other space powers. The notion that our government alone could manage it is laughable, but Dave never examined it, though it was a necessary component of his position.

People.
That's one question I haven't seen an answer to. What's the point? What's the payoff and motivation behind making the population think the earth is a sphere when in actuality it's a flat disc?

Who's behind this conspiracy and why?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yeah, it does. I still have many of his original drawings of the Space Shuttle and other space craft that Martin Company was working on. It's really cool old stuff.
That's one question I haven't seen an answer to. What's the point? What's the payoff and motivation behind making the population think the earth is a sphere when in actuality it's a flat disc?

Who's behind this conspiracy and why?
We're running into our own wall here, the age old problem of trying to move people from a point by reason who arrived at their position via another route. Or, as they say in Mississippi, "That boy's four cents off a nickle." :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.